main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Beat That Drives My Heart ( a post SwW Jaina/Zekk vig)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Title: The Beat That Drives My Heart
    Author(s): Emeraldshadow
    Timeframe: Post Swarm War
    Characters: Jaina and Zekk
    Genre: Mushy angst
    Notes: This originally was an entry in the J/Z index?s New Year?s challenge, but I?m reposting it in its own thread for three reasons:
    1) In honor of the ban on Swarm War spoilers being over (And yes, I know I?m a couple days late on that one)
    2) To show the more cynical fans of my WIP that yes, I do still like/ still write J/Z.
    3) To have an excuse to quote page 161 of Swarm War: ?[Zekk] was [Jaina?s] entire nest now -- the words that completed her thought, the beat that drove her heart -- and if she was going to die today, she wanted to do it near him.? [face_love]
    Notes (Part 2): The words in italics are not from a song, they?re my own misguided attempt at poetry.

The Beat that Drives My Heart

I don?t know if my heart?s still beating
    I feel like I?m dieing, like I?m barely breathing
    I?m going crazy, I don?t know what I may do

Tra-dum Bah-da-dum

It?s off. My heartbeat is off. I can?t even live without him. Not that I would be able to live without him anyway.

Bah-de-dum Bah-bum-bum

The Swarm War is over. We?re away from the Colony and back at what is supposed to be our home. Our bond is weakening. But I don?t want it to.

Bum-dum-bum-trum

Erratic heartbeart, irrational behavior, I?m a mess without my mindmate. My soul mate. My Zekk.

Da-dum Bah-da-dum

Was he mad at me? Why won?t he talk to me anymore? Why is he not near me? Doesn?t he know that we?re supposed to be like that forever, one soul, one heart?

How could he be over me? How could it be Jag?s piloting skills he?s jealous of? He?s supposed to be there when I finally make up my mind and decide he?s the one. He?s supposed to wait for me.

But he?s not. He?s at the front of the room making a toast.

Bah-dum-dum

My heart is breaking
    My soul is aching
    And it?s all because of you.

?May the best of your past be the worst of your future!? He toasts the start of a new year of new beginnings and the end of the Swarm War.

Can?t he see that the best of my past was the times I spent with him? He was in my head. He had to see that.

Dum-bah-dum-de-dum

Maybe not. I only realized it myself just recently.

Da-dum-dum

And now it?s too late.

I made my peace with Jag. I said my goodbye, I made sure he knew that he had been special to me and would always have a place in my heart, my, now broken-in more senses than one, heart. Now it?s time to move on.

The problem is, there?s no one to move on to.

Bah-drum-bum Bah-dum-bum

Just you and me
    That?s how it should be
    No more games, just a love that is true

I leave the cantina and all the people ? both Jedi and non-Jedi ? who are at the party, if I can?t be with him I want to be alone.

Bah-de-dum-dum

I cry. It?s been a long, long time since I?ve cried. Crying is supposed to be healthy, but it doesn?t feel healthy, it feels like I?m falling apart even more.

Bum-da-bah-dum

?Jaina?? I hear the voice behind me.

He?s standing there, he came after me. He came after me after all.

Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-thump

I look at him and my heart acts like it wants to leap out of my chest. That?s fine, it can jump ship. My heart should be his anyway.

?Jaina.? His voice is softer now, so soft, like shimmersilk. No words need to be said. No questions need to be asked. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight against his chest.

Bah-dum Bah-dum Bah-dum

My ear hears his heartbeat and mine settles to match it.

Bah-dum Bah-dum Bah-dum

We?re in sync, in perfect harmony.

I want to tell him how I feel, but the words won?t come. Still, he knows what I want to say. And I know that he knows and that he feels the same way. And we both know that this time the timing is right, this time it?s us, and this time it will work.

We would never make up for the time lost, but we have the rest of our lives

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Ok J/Z shipper no matter what your fics say. (I'm going to call you that for now on)

Very nice.=D=

He?s standing there, he came after me. He came after me after all.

Yay [face_dancing]

I want to tell him how I feel, but the words won?t come. Still, he knows what I want to say. And I know that he knows and that he feels the same way. And we both know that this time the timing is right, this time it?s us, and this time it will work.

[face_love] [face_love]

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_love] Loved the effect of the erratic heartbeats throughout. Nice vig!

4. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Our bond is weakening. But I don?t want it to.
    Aww!!

I?m a mess without my mindmate. My soul mate. My Zekk.
    Love this line. J/Z forever!

Was he mad at me? Why won?t he talk to me anymore? Why is he not near me? Doesn?t he know that we?re supposed to be like that forever, one soul, one heart?
    How could he be over me? How could it be Jag?s piloting skills he?s jealous of? He?s supposed to be there when I finally make up my mind and decide he?s the one. He?s supposed to wait for me.

Oh how the tables have turned. Now Jaina's doing the pining. [face_devil]

I cry. It?s been a long, long time since I?ve cried. Crying is supposed to be healthy, but it doesn?t feel healthy, it feels like I?m falling apart even more.
    :( Poor Jaina.

I look at him and my heart acts like it wants to leap out of my chest. That?s fine, it can jump ship. My heart should be his anyway.
    Sad, yet cute!

We would never make up for the time lost, but we have the rest of our lives to try.
    We?ll never recapture the past, but we can make the future better.

Hurray for J/Z and their together-ness!!! [face_love]

Awesome job! [:D]

5. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Lola: Ok J/Z shipper no matter what your fics say. (I'm going to call you that for now on)

*shrugs* I've been called worse.

Very nice.

Thank you.:)

JadeSolo: Loved the effect of the erratic heartbeats throughout. Nice vig!

Thank you. I was hoping the heartbearts would come off well.

ZekksGoddess: J/Z forever!

Hurray for J/Z and their together-ness!!!

J/Z shall never die! We J/Z shippers are the roaches of the SW community, we shall out last you all! Bwa ha ha!;)8-}

Oh how the tables have turned. Now Jaina's doing the pining.

I'd like to see Jaina have to chase after Zekk for a change.

Awesome job

Thank you.:D

6. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Still love it. [face_love]

I adore that line. [face_love]

7. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Still love it.

Still like to hear that. ;)

I adore that line.

Thank you, I have a particular fondness for that line as well.

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice. Have I seen you at the YJK fanclub before?

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    We would never make up for the time lost, but we have the rest of our lives to try.

We?ll never recapture the past, but we can make the future better.

My favourite part. Great job! Nice, short, to the point. And no real bashing of either character, which is always lovely :p ;)

~TJF

10. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    SilSolo: Nice.

Thank you

Have I seen you at the YJK fanclub before?

Twas not I. It must have been my evil twin.

Trickster Jaina Fel: Great job! Nice, short, to the point.

Thank you.

And no real bashing of either character, which is always lovely

I don't like character bashers either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.