main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I'm surprised you haven't commented on Everton's impending signing of Leroy Fer.

Moyes hasn't been horsing around this January eh

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I've not commented because agreeing a fee with another club isn't quite the same as persuading the player to turn out each week in return for a packet of crisps and a Burger King voucher. :p

3. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So QPR are looking to buy Peter Crouch and Christopher Samba. Jeez. They're a blue print on how not to survive in the Premier League. Look at the players they've bought since they were promoted (from the BBC)
    • Neil Warnock: Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jay Bothroyd, Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young, Armand Traore
    • Mark Hughes: Federico Macheda (loan), Taye Taiwo (loan), Nedum Onuoha, Bobby Zamora, Djibril Cisse, Jose Bosingwa, Ryan Nelsen, Park Ji-sung, Robert Green, Andy Johnson, Junior Hoilett, Fabio, Samba Diakite, Esteban Granero, Julio Cesar, Sam Magri, Stephane Mbia
    • Harry Redknapp: Loic Remy, Tal Ben Haim
    I hope they go down. I wouldn't want ANY of those players at Everton.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Had been meaning to ask, thoughts (other than Everton's "I wouldn't want him") on Macheda, who is coming to Stuttgart on loan?

5. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    their transfer policy, i agree, has been attrocious. buying crap, middle of the road, "experienced", players with no potential and usually on the downward slope of their career. and why buy so MANY players - with the amount of money they have surely they'd be better off signing the odd pieces of quality as opposed to an abundance of ****e. signing Green, and then Cesar within one window just shows the slap dash, no strategic approach to their signings.

Hoilet, Fabio, Granero, Cesar, Mbia and Remy are all fairly decent signings, potentially, for what is at this stage still a bottom to middle table club - the rest are all past it or just crap, though.

also, the ulterior motive of my previous post was to get in a horse pun.

6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    his previous loans, both in Italy and in England, haven't worked out. obviously i would like this one to be different, although i'd say it's doubtful. maybe the German league will suit him, who knows.

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I recognise this, and applaud your ingenuity.

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Balotelli's gone. Woohoo! Not since the glory days of Emile He'skey has such a useless lump been afforded so much attention.

9. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Dear Alan Pardew,

I had a bet with my Brummie mate at the beginning of the season that Aston Villa would go down. Whilst I am fully aware that it would be totally lol if you took your own mob Championship-wards after just signing an 8yr contract, in this instance, I would prefer it if you could muster a win against The Villa.

There's cash at stake Alan.

Please feel free to resume you descent down the slippery Premier League pole once the Claret & Blue have been dispatched this evening.

Yours Very Sincerely,

Jay Jay

-JR :)

10. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    fixed

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Have Aston Villa equalised?

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Just let me check.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  14. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Hail Cesar

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He'skey wishes he was half as talented as Mario. Hopefully Milan will sort out his attitude problem, the Italy vs Germany game at Euro 2012 showed what Balotelli is capable of when he can be bothered to put effort in.

Hopefully United can win tonight and restore the 7 point lead, but need to keep Lambert quiet.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Damn double posting

Although City selling Balotelli is a good thing, they might have been better off waiting until the end of the season. They are rather short of strikers and if yesterday's result proved anything it's that they need a bit more bite. Mancini says he has no time to find a replacement for Mario, so 3 strikers for the rest of the season it seems.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    And when the opponent does a shambolic job of marking him. Definitely a huge talent, but I'm getting a bit tired of hearing what a great Euro he had. He had one nice goal in the group stage, a good half against Germany (thanks mainly to Holger Badstuber standing there and watching him heading the first goal -- um Holger, could you at least bother to jump next time?), otherwise was only noticeable for his ability to sky shots over the goal (especially vs England) and that ridiculous gaffe alone on goal in the opener vs Spain.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He clearly over-rates himself and so doesn't seem interested in putting in a huge amount of effort, at least not in England.

City do miss Yaya Toure far more than they'll miss Balotelli

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I think Prandelli, the Italy manager, has even been quoted defending Mancini, saying something along the lines of he (Prandelli only having to deal with him for short periods. It says alot that Mourinho, who is generally quite good at dealing with difficult players, completely gave up on him at Inter.

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    He's not even a huge talent. He's average. Deeply, deeply average.

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Paul Lambert should sign him temporarily to get an equaliser

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm still keeping an eye out. It's only a matter of time.

EDIT: I mean, Newcastle should be back home by now. Villa should only have to locate the goalmouth.

halibut likes this.
  23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    As David Moyes reaches 500 games with Everton, SkySports News are doing a special interview tonight at 6 asking him all about his achievements. And at 6.01 it's back to the studio.

24. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    1. Getting his players to turn out in pink uniforms.

25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Seriously, Rafa can **** his **** up his ****

26. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    It's a positive!

George Roper likes this.