main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    lol / ffs

2. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
  3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Sorry, Everton, but that's the best draw for football

Everton likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It also means one of those teams is guaranteed a place in the Final, and therefore a Europa League spot which is great for them.

5. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    No, it's the best draw for whoever wins the other semi final.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If the right Wigan team shows up at the Final (assuming they get there), they could win. I'm not sure Blackburn or Millwall would have as much of a chance again Man City or United or Chelsea, but you never can tell with the FA Cup.

7. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    They're not going to win though. For me, I don't mind seeing two lesser teams in a final occasionally, but I hate seeing a top team vs a relegation zone team or below. It's boring.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Fingers crossed for Milwall vs Roma next season. A fantastic ad for the footballing family.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    De Gea's save on Mata at the death was just sensational. the next Macheda? I don't think so.

10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Had the family over to watch the game (all Man U fans). I'm just grateful there was no controversy!

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Sad news. Tony Gubba has passed away following a short illness. Rest in Peace :(

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    You didn't think Macheda was the current Macheda until it turned out he was. There's plenty of time for this to play out.

13. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Fyi, Macheda has been utterly underwhelming at Stuttgart so far. Not that I expect anyone to be surprised.

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    epic, I am certain, is very surprised.

15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    he was poor on loan in Italy last year, so not surprised he's struggling in Germany. he's done.

totally different beast with De Gea, though. Macheda was never a guarenteed starter, De Gea is. in fact i'm more worried he'll be poached by Madrid or Barca in the coming years than him not turning into a star.

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So... hypothetically speaking... say someone like Stekelenburg or Neuer became available in the summer... you don't think Ferguson would move for one or the other? I know he wouldn't have done the same were Schmeichel or Van der Sar still his first choice.

17. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Didn't Schmeichel have a dodgy start at United?

Regardless, both of them turned out to be world class. De Gea can be in time, but isn't yet. So yes, Fergie would replace De Gea with a world class goalkeeper if one was available because he'd be mad not to.

18. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    you don't buy a 20 year old keeper (when keepers usually peak probably 10 years later), making him the most expensive gk in premier league history, to give up on him after barely two seasons.

also not when he's beaten off Lindegaard for the starting position, shown capability beyond his years and has improved as a footballer already in his short time here.

sure, he's still not the best at crosses, his decision making needs improving and he needs to bulk up further, but he's probably the best shot stopper in the league right now. and he's only 22. Hart has had more clangers than De Gea this season. i can honestly say i wouldn't swap him for anyone. and i don't think SAF would either.

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    De Gea does indeed have all the makings of a superb keeper. His failings are his lacklustre ability with crosses and his command of the area is currently suspect but this comes with age and experience.

His natural ability in the air and his reflexes are excellent and I agree with epic that you don't drop £20m on a keeper and then write them off after some dodgy games.

Consistancy will be key for him, once he gets that he'll be something special.

20. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Yes DDG definitely has the potential. If he racks up game after game for the next couple of years, then he'll have the experience he needs, along with his natural talent. Unless DDG becomes homesick or is enticed by alluring offers, I don't see SAF letting him go.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Please stop using acronyms. Especially incorrect ones. If you must, it's the BPL, not the EPL.

22. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Sorry man it was easier to type.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Easier isn't always better. Just ask Sir Edmund Hillary who refused a relaxing pedicure to climb Mount Everest instead. Tenzing said, "oh come on, Ed, it'll still be there in the morning!", but Sir Edmund insisted, and thus history was made.

As for De Gea, he needs to stop looking like he's about to cry all the time. The hard shoulder ****er should never have let go of Timmy.

24. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Oh hell. Just because I type acronyms on the internet doesn't mean I approach everything the easy way. Nor am I offending anyone or anything. At least I'm not one of those ignorant people who say/type "Man U" for United.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why on earth would you type Man U for Newcastle United?