main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I don't think I like the influence Mar is having on you.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I've always liked MasterChef. I'm a keen baker, too... so I'm partial to foody shows.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Barca back to being favourites again i s'pose

i hope Bayern or Madrid can beat them. or anyone really.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    4-0 What a result!!!!! LOL @ Droylesden. COME ON GLOUCESTER!

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    One thing on Barca and their lack of a plan "B" -- anyone pay attention to Alves's crosses last night? Kind of hard to score on headers when the main player sending them in can't put even one in a remotely useful position. For all his strengths, his crosses are absolutely dreadful.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    lol @ Madrid

What? This is war.

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah, by all accounts he's been poor this season.

on a similar note, is it me or do Barca look better without Fabregas? when he plays, it seems to push Iniesta out of his best position, and they don't look nearly as good. hard to imagine a player of Fabregas' quality hindering a team.

yankee8255 likes this.
  9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Pfft so you only post here when Barça is doing well? ;P

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No, i only post when Madrid is butthurt. An important distinction.

Darth_Omega and Darth Ibonek like this.
  11. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Honestly, though, has ever been good at crossing? Obviously not a major part of their game plan, but I still remember him sending one useless cross after another into the box against Inter in 2010 and several other big losses.

And completely agree on Fabregas, Villa didn't have many touches, but his positioning helped create space for Messi and that was a great finish for 3-0. Fabregas is too similar to Iniesta and Xavi.

12. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, Fabregas does (to some extent) have the vision and passing of Xavi and Iniesta, but I feel like he's not as mobile in the midfield area and doesn't connect with Messi as much. Yankee's right- Iniesta is pushed to the wing too many times just to accomodate Fabregas.

13. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i think the best solution for all concerned would be Fab to hook up with his ol' sparring partner RVP.

[face_dancing]

14. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    To Manchester United? Fergie would be daft to let that pass :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    De Gea is going nowhere, neither is Rooney. Ferguson wants a long-term squad in place when he retires and De Gea can play for 20 years if he stays good enough.
    Most goalkeepers don't start showing real quality until at least 25, or even 30.

Macheda should be sold, United have no use for him.

Sometimes a move can do you good, look at Balotelli.

16. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Did United sell Diouf or is he on loan?
    Seems they have a lot of potential attacking talent loaned out there that never becomes much (what happened to Bebe?).

18. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    If I remember correctly, Diouf got sold last January, while Bébé's on loan at Rio Ave, a Portuguese club. Did a little bit of research at ESPNFC, and it seems like he's a fixture in the XI at the middle-placed club. 10 apps 1 goal. Guess being a striker at United is tough, w/ Wazza, Chicha, Danny, and now RVP challenging for a first team spot.

19. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    That was really close for Bayern. I suppose Barça are now favourites to win this year CL after their impressive display last night with Real and Bayern looking ordinary.

20. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  21. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    Manchester United: The only team to consistently perform well over the two legs and still get booted out. Galatasaray, a team of Turks, couldn't put us down, but one Turk did.

... Sorry I'm still fuming. :mad:

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Absolutely. The ref made no one tackle Modric before the equaliser :rolleyes:

Chelsea may be **** this year, but that 2nd game against Barcelona last year showed how to deal with adversity. One centre back off injured in the opening minutes, then the other one sent off (for doing less than Nani). Then going 2-0 down.

Came back to go through.

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  24. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Bayern looked not so much ordinary as arrogant, as if they were already through. Madzukic took the night off while Robben turned into the very worst version of himself, completely ignoring his better-positioned teammates and taking one shot after another. They still controlled the most of the match, Arsenal basically had two good chances and converted them both. But yeah, I assume everyone will go back to to the Barca bandwagon.

And for those who found the media frenzy over a possible Rooney departure from ManU laughable, this may be the single most absurd transfer rumor ever: Ibrahimovic to Bayern. Yeah, like he or Guardiola ever want to be in the same room, or city, ever again.

25. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    This is the week of (near in some cases) comeback it seems. :p Not for Stuttgart though, poor yankee must be hard for him to see his club lose to an Italian team.