main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The Great One?

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Robben. Brilliant.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's actual rather embarrassing, Barca really have nothing to offer. And the manager who seems to have made them is now going to manage the team who is stamping on their face.

No Plan B, if giving it to Messi doesn't work then Barca look lost.

4. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
  5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    lol @ Barcelona

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Hey Barcelona....

[​IMG]

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    What a demolition. Closer to being 6 or 7-0 than to 3-1 or 3-2, as Bayern were very wasteful of counter chances i the first half.

Barca have themselves to blame, in a way, their 4-0 demolishing of Bayern in 09 led to Klinsmann being dumped, Heynckes came in as an interim manager, with van Gaal then hired. HIs tactical changes really put Bayern on the road to the top, with Heynckes making a number of key adjustments since coming back. As much as I'll be rooting for Dortmund in the final, I#m quite happy for Heynckes, who has always seemed like a very decent and classy man.

EDIT: Also, added bonus, with that own goal for 2-0, Bayern may well have made Shakira cry.

8. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Bayern vs Barca semi-final went from amusement to embarrassment to "just end this match already ref".

yankee8255 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Munich-Dortmund this Saturday too. Wonder if any of the top guys will even play- Dortmund has played them well, even though they've yet to win a head-to-head this season.

Very excited for this CL final.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah just finished the match. LOL@Barca indeed. Especially the ownie by Piqué... I am excited for the first ever all-German CL final. But this prolly surprises no one who knows me... ;)

12. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Very excited for the final, obviously. Maybe not quite as much as Strilo, but only because I don't have a thing for athletic men in shorts. :p

As for the match on Saturday, should be a thrilling match up of each side's reserves.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    lol @ Barca

The king is dead, long live the king

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    yankee8255 I don't like soccer for the hot guys! Well... not just for the hot guys... O:)

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I should have known a double post was on its way...

16. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
  17. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    FINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL WOOHOO.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Benfica vs Chelsea should be a good match

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The way to deal with conceding seven goals is to pretend it never happened. Not that it did...

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    In other news, this story about Stuart Hall has really affected me. I had huge respect for the man, a lyricist and a football reporter. He reported on so many Everton matches I can't count. One day at Goodison I had a seat near the radio commentary area. I spotted him and asked to shake his hand. I said how much I admired him. Now we hear about his past, and his lies in court and to the public. What a bastard.

halibut likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    An unfortunate thing indeed, seems entertainers of that time were all at it. Hard to accept people you once had respect for because of their work turn out to be so bad and have hidden it for so long (I only hope Rolf Harris wasn't at it too, he's always been awesome to me).

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah seriously what was going on at the BBC?

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think it's the people instead of the institution, the BBC merely seemed to know about it and do nothing.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not just the BBC, if Kevin and ken off Corrie go down. Jimmy Saville was no surprise, there were always rumours, but this is a whole can of worms...or perhaps a Pandora's Box. It speaks of the times, and justice is coming too late, but at least it is coming. As for Hall, I hope he dies in prison.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    As a football reporter, Hall is associated with the phrase "The Beautiful Game", which he popularised, and which he reports he coined in his youth to describe football. As a lifelong Manchester City supporter[1] he admired prolific goal-scorer Peter Doherty's style of playing and consequently used the phrase "The Beautiful Game" to describe Doherty

I feel so dirty being in this thread now.

Darth_Omega and yankee8255 like this.
  26. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003