main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    That's an opening bid. Moyes would've been furious had SAF only bid £12m. They'll be back... with a bid that's still unacceptable but ultimately irresistible to Kenwright. Baines is gone.

3. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    I think Moyes will eventually convince Baines to move to Old Trafford, but it will probably take the entire summer doing so

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd rather it happened quickly. That way any proceeds can be put to good use.

5. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    that would be ideal, but Kenwright and Martinez are probably going to resist it as much as possible, but hey maybe they'll come to their senses and rip the band aid quickly

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    £15m and Baines is gone.

If Utd fail with Thiago at ~£15m I can see them going for a proven Premier midfielder in Fellaini as well, if they get Thiago then I can see him staying one last season at Goodison, I can't imagine City going for him, he's not a Mourinho type player so that's Chelsea out, he's a perfect fit for Arsenal so Wenger will ignore him, after thats its only Spurs and Liverlol and there is no way Liverlol can buy anyone from Everton and Spurs are a long shot in all honesty.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Crazy shootout

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Sooooo pumped on Spain winning

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Why are United bidding for Baines? Sure he's good but they have 3 left-backs already. He'd be better off with Everton, Martinez will need as many good players as possible to succeed next season.

Seems that the Chelsea deal for Marco van Ginkel is still up in the air. His agent wants reassurances that van Ginkel will get a good amount of playing time at Chelsea because he is hoping to get selected for the Dutch squad ahead of next year's World Cup. Ajax are also interested in signing the player, so if Chelsea do not satisfy van Genkel's need he may go there.

Quality penalty shootout overall from both Spain & Italy. Italy seemed rather toothless up front throughtout the match without Balotelli, and Spain's no striker formation seemed to struggle to break them down for some reason this time.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Blaine's comes in - within two weeks, Evra goes, whatshisname gets groomed to over in 3-4 years. Because Baines is better than the current Manchester United options. Is he still a homesick little ninny, though?

11. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Nah Buttner got over it around April or so, he'll be sticking around. Can't wait till he's a starter for Man U

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Do you ever make sense?

13. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Thought you were talking about Buttner when you said whatshisname, he almost left United because he got homesick

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, Baines. I'm not so ADD I'd flit around players like that.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Evra had a very good season overall, enough to make him runner-up to Baines.
    He is 32 now though and will likely start declining in form, he has been exposed a few times the last couple of years. Baines isn't that young himself though, so United shouldn't pay too much for him if they do really want him

The focus should fist be on getting midfielders, that is the area the team is weak in.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Marko Marin headed to Sevilla on loan.

Good move.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, especially if Chelsea aren't going to play him.

Spurs seem close to signing Paulinho, although Madrid are apparently interested which could be a problem.

18. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Apparantly Evra has officially called quits and looking to move back to Monaco, looks like Baines is coming over to United. Especially since Everton put a price tag of 16 million on him, which United would easily pay for.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If Evra wants to go and Monaco want him then Baines would be good as a first-choice replacement for the medium-term. But I would think Evra will only leave if United bring Baines in, I've not heard of him expressing any desire to leave the club.

United reportedly have agreed to sign Thiago up to a £5.5million a year contract, although that is according to the Daily Mail so I'm sceptical of its accuracy.

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    CONFED Cup third place game is heating up late. Italy with a nice free kick to go up 2-1, but Cavani just had a beautiful equalizer from a free kick.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Buffon's double-save from point blank range before the free kick was absurd. Yeah, and Cavani..please, Roman. Please.

Into PKs, it looks like.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hate and love penalties ... all at the same time.

Huge save from Buffon to start PKs

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nicely done by Italy. Can't wait for this final.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    More poorly done by Uruguay. Horrible on that second save from Buffon, not much better on the winning save.

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    what a start by Brazil. hope they keep going for number 2 and don't sit back.