main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dream start for Brazil. Brazil has looked good since the goal, too.

Crazy stat, too - first goal allowed by Spain in a knockout game since they lost 2-0 to the US in the last Confed Cup.

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Spain the one looking under pressure. Nice to see!

3. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    How did Fred miss that?!

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Could be easily 2-0 or 3-0 for Brazil right now. Spain could also be down to 10 men.

Of course, Brazil should also have a few guys in the book right now. Refs are allowing too much physical play without cards, in my opinion. Looks like CONCACAF out there at times.

Edit: Wow. Great clearance from David Luiz there. I thought Spain had the equalizer.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There's 2. This is a bit surprising, I'd say.

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Freaking Neymar. Wow. Great all around from him on that goal.

Of course, the last Confed Cup Final was 2-0 at HT ... if only that had been a 45-minute game.

DarkEagle likes this.
  7. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Neymar has been the real deal tonight.

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    the atmosphere out there is amazing, too. can't wait for the WC.

9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    It's 00:45 here and I have to say it's worth, every freakin' second a bunch of highlights or a rerun would not be able to capture this match properly.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And Fred with the dagger. Can't see Brazil losing a three goal lead.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Casillas a step slow on that one.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    He's had a poor game all around today, heels. Thought he could have done better on both of Fred's goals. I don't blame him on Neymar's goal, but with better play from Casillas, this could be a 1-0 game right now.

13. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Now Ramos misses the penalty.

Spain haven't been this poor in some time.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    lol @ Spain

lol @ Sergio Ramos

yankee8255 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    No excuses there, Ramos.

And Inty, I agree. Don't know why, but I thought Dave played for Mexico. Poor on my part- great representation for the Blues out there from Luiz and Oscar tonight.

16. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    And now Pique is off. Hahaha. Oh man, this has been brilliant

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is weird, honestly. Brazil is dominating for all the reasons I thought they were sure to lose.

18. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Neymar and Messi coexisting next season will be interesting to watch.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Man, usually when Spain get beat like this, it's because someone has the difficultly level set too low on their X-Box ...

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Does this make Brazil favorites next year over the Germans?

Congrats, Scolari. You insane, magnificent bastard.

Somebody tackle Alexi Lalas. Good lord he is embarrassing himself making excuses for the Spanish.

21. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    That was pleasing to watch.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We should all take time to celebrate Fernando Torres, who followed up his Golden Boot at Euro 2012 with a Golden Boot at the 2013 Confederations Cup.

Genet-Cabur Kyramud likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll be thanking Tahiti if this raises his value to a point that Roman can offload him and then spend the extra cash to get Cavani. (wishful thinking)

24. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm actually disappointed with this final, not because I'm a Spain fan, but because one side played well and the other played terribly. Would've been much better had Spain been on top of their game. Hated seeing the game roll away from Spain like that.

25. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    [face_tired] [face_coffee]
    I thought they were quite poor against Italy as well, except Italy couldn't score.