main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Roberto Mancini hired by Galatasaray today.

Up first for him? Champions league match vs Juve!

2. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Fxd.

-JR :)

3. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Fxd.

SO funny iPhone posted it twice.

yankee8255 likes this.
  4. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Wonderful result for us. I still heart Rafa.

Ozil and Ramsey rock but very glad that Flamini is back in the side.

Tough two games coming up against Dortmund but looking forward to them now.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Arsenal certainly doing well, but do wonder if they have the squad depth to challenge on multiple fronts.
    The first team is very good and plays well together, but if the likes of Giroud and Ozil and Ramsey get injured will the backup players be able to deliver the same results?

Arsenal seemingly have a team good enough to win the league, but they might damage that chance if they attempt to win everything else too.

6. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Thanks to Real Madrid's utter incompetence it looks like we're going to have a 'lol@Arsenal'-less season. [face_frustrated]

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    One player does not make a triumphant season.

And Madrid have more than enough players to do well without Ozil.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    While I agree somewhat that the hype is getting out of control, especially after last night, I do think Özil is a great addition to Arsenal who really could be transformative, somewhat the way Bergkamp as in the 90s. He's a very good match for the way Wenger prefers to play. No, doubt, though, that Arsenal still need to improve their depth.

Plus, how ironic would it be if Real took a chance on a young Spanish talent (Isco) and crashed and burned as a result.

9. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Maybe it's just me, but I think Flamini has been just as pivotal to Arsenal since he signed as Ozil has.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, and he was free!

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    another clanger from Hart. when will E admit that there's more chance of City dumping Hart than United dumping De Gea?

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    De Gea made a brave save just now, he has been much improved in recent months.

Rooney is out and still no place at #10 for Kagawa?

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Meanwhile, Bayern look imperious, 3-0, absolutely dominant.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    United let in an equaliser, lack of creativity again means not scoring enough.

Hart certainly shouldn't be picked for England in the next match

yankee8255 likes this.
  15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    poor on all 3 Bayern goals.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    RVP looks lost without someone in the side to provide him with quality balls to get on the end of.
    Kagawa would have space against a team like this yet Moyes still seems to want to play defensively. This is not the United way.

17. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You mean that's not the Ferguson way. You are somewhat spoiled and possibly naive due to the inexperience of having a new manager, something most other clubs, especially mine, are used to.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The Everton style won't work for United, it's not a style United should adopt and can adopt with the players they currently have.
    Moyes seems afraid to get the team to commit forward during games, if the players don't believe they won't do well. There were signs of it in the Swansea & Leverkusen games, yet most other games they have been flat and defensively lacking with little apparent desire or inspiration.

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    ive given up complaining about the mistreatment of kagawa. perfect opp to try him in jis natural spot and moyes doesn't want to. weak.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Even using Chicarito when the equaliser scored would have been a sign of intent, but it was not to be.
    It's not a bad result away from home given the record Shaktar has, but the game could easily have been won if United put more effort in instead of relaxing once they got a goal.

Moyes also seems confused where to play people, Cleverley is useless on the left wing so why put him there?

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I remain thrilled Moyes is the ManU manager. I'm even delighting in Everton players delighting in their new training regime.

22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Given all the money ManCity have spent the past 3-5 years, it's pretty scary that David Silva is the only player that has consistently shown he belongs at the top level in Champions League. if I'm Sheikh Mansour, I can't be too happy with my investment right now.

As for United and Moyes, I think we discussed this several years ago in the context of "How good a manager would Moyes be if he were at a top club with cash to spend": there are managers who excel with lesser sides but are never able to adopt to coaching the elite clubs, they stick to the conservative tactics that got them there and simply aren't good at taking advantage of the talent at their disposal. I'm starting to think that does indeed apply to Moyes.

23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Some GIF-tastic goodness, Leverkusen's winning goal from last night
    [​IMG]

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Juve letting Galatasaray equalise a minute after going ahead (in the 88th minute no less) meant I missed out on an £89 win.

Milan failing to beat Ajax last night, coupled with the aforementioned Juve failure, meant I missed out on like a £1400 win.

in conlusion, SCREW YOU ITALY

halibut and yankee8255 like this.
  25. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    This goal was better

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  26. halibut

Aug 27, 2000

And the first one it is