main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    LOL @ Man U

LOL @ Vidic

LOL epic

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    //sniggers

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    An average squad without their two best players. Not a surprising result in the slightest.

4. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    The things that gets me is that you're losing but playing well.

You lack a cutting edge it's as simple as that.

I'm hearing rumours (unfounded twitter stuff granted) that Moyes has to win against Sunderland in the Cup or he's out.

If he does go, who is available to take over the reigns? I can't think of any top name manager who would want to leave their current club for you.

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Also nice to see referee decisions go against Man U for a change

#fuelthefire

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Vidic unlucky, but Rafael should have gone so it balances out.
    Good play in some respects but really poor defending. Still would have gone with Fletcher in midfield over Jones, Janusaj also clearly plays better out wide.

It was likely United would lose, but the fight wasn't there so much either. There was time after they made it 3-1 to really have a go and try to get more goals but they looked like they weren't up to it.

Moyes won't go, he's still the best person around to do the job. Much of what is wrong is not his fault, as guys on MOTD said it's individual errors and not the training itself.

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Heavy rumours of £37m deal of Mata to united on Twitter and in the telegraph.

Mata one way now with rooney heading the other in the summer imo

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It certainly seems to have some truth, even the big papers are reporting it. But will Chelsea really sell? And doesn't Mata play as a number 10? We have enough problems with Kagawa not playing in the right position, is it worth spending £30million+ for another we will not play in the right place?

9. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Mata is better than Kagawa, so if you have the chance of adding genuine quality to the squad, you have to take it.

still very doubtful though. only way i can see it is, like Fatburt says, if Rooney goes the other way in the summer. why would Chelsea help us when we refused to help them?

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Depends how much money is offered and how much Mata pushes to leave. If we offer £40million and Mata causes a fuss they might decide to cash-in for a good profit.
    The point of where he plays will still stand though, if Rooney plays at #10 and Janusaj is out on the left where will Mata be? Is he useful as a right winger? Can't have him be a stand-in for Rooney and rarely play, Kagawa is too good for that as it is and Mata is better.

11. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    if Rooney was to stay, i would play Mata behind Rooney, and probably end the Kagawa experiment. hopefully try and swap him for Gundogan. RVP is getting on as it is, so he could be used in rotation with Mata and Rooney.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think RVP still has a couple of good seasons in him barring injury. But Rooney loves to roam so he has always worked better playing off a striker as he does now.
    Some people have talked about a 4-2-3-1 with Kagawa, Rooney & Mata as the 3 and RVP up front. Those guys rotating could be very effective, although Januzaj is left out in that case.

13. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Can anyone please explain why on earth Man U appealed against Vidic's red card. It's the very definition of frivolous, and he should have been given an extra game ban for that.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Because it was a harsh red card. They probably wouldn't have appealed had Rafael been sent off because that tackle was much worse.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I suggest you re-read the rules. It's quite clear. You cannot overturn a red card for dangerous play when it was a foul. And there's no doubt it was a foul. It's the ref's call and that's final.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I assume you mean the laws, rather than the rules? Or is it rules as it's FA rather than universal? I have no idea.

They probably argued it was a yellow, not a red, and that was probably enough to say it wasn't frivilous.

However, the FA don't seem to be using their new power to further punish Rafael. Which is a shame, he's a nasty ****.

17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    I refuse to get excited by these Mata rumours. I am refusing it.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Go ahead!

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    According to the Guardian, it's a done deal, only open question is if Mata wants to leave. Which I would assume he does, given he's not seeing regular playing time there.

20. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    But does Mata want to join a team that (at this rate) won't be playing in the CL next year?

21. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    With the World Cup coming up, I think his top priority is playing.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I, personally, cannot wait for Mata to go to United, so Moyes can either not utilize him, or misuse him. Mainly, because some of my favorite Premier League entertainment comes from watching "life long" ManU fans overreact and freak out.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I just know that this is gonna bite us, though, even if he ends up in Spain or France. Wish he and Mou could work this out, he and Hazard are the best talent we have, by far.

halibut likes this.
  24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    BBC saying £35m. Sky saying £40m

Great money for the club considering he doesn't play anymore (that's another discussion though). But I don't want him to go to a rival club. That's just silly

25. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I think he'd go to Brazil even if he spent the rest of the season on the bench at Chelsea. Thing is, whether he goes as a Chelsea or Manchester United player, he'll still be on the bench. :p