Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, with Xavi and Iniesta aging, I think he and Silva have a chance to start working themselves up the ladder.
  2. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    After this tournament yes, I'd agree.

EDIT: It's a bit like the horror of seeing Gerrard and / or Lampard starting for England in the summer, only nothing like as terrifying.
    Last edited by Everton, Jan 22, 2014
  3. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    According to The Telegraph, Mata is a done deal. £37m and personal terms agreed. Medical tomorrow (Thursday)
  4. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait, what?

My last 5 minutes.

lol @ ?
  5. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Doesn't matter. Man City will tear whoever apart
  6. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't think united actually want to win this, their penalties are awful
  7. halibut Chosen One

star 8
  8. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    one of the worst penalties i've ever seen. absolutely terrible. having only one proper striker, who can't shoot, in the shootout didn't help though.

and De Gea, oh man.

oh well, at least we're getting Mata. we need him.
  9. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Don't think I've ever seen a shoot out go the distance with only 3 scored.

But still, LOL @ Man U
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Pretty much all the penalties were awful. Why field defenders to take them ahead of others? Hernandez & Carrick didn't take one

I suppose we should be used to England players failing at penalties :p

United didn't deserve to win with such pedestrian play, barely any forward penetration once Kagawa went off (Why?). Not sure how much more Mata will offer given that once Rooney & RVP are back they will occupy the forward positions. And midfield still needs change, especially in the defensive department.

No trophies this season seemed likely, but Top 4 is still a must.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Jan 22, 2014
  11. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Hernandez was injured so i presume that's why he didn't take a shot but yeah, Carrick should be taking a penalty over the likes of Jones and Rafael.
  12. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought United put in a decent performance all over the park with the exception of the final third. They never really looked troubled but once they got in the box they failed to hit the target everytime they had a go.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Hernandez doesn't do well when he starts, he's an impact sub. And Moyes obviously doesn't like to play Kagawa for the whole match for some reason, he was the one most likely to provide a through ball.
    It should hopefully be better once RVP & Rooney come back, quality finishing and better distribution.

Really really should buy Cabaye
  14. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I hope we do something big with this 40 million pounds.

I'm sure we won't, though. Giving our most talented player to United makes me ill.
  15. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Moyes not playing Kagawa in his best position -- when both Rooney and RVP are out is beyond frustrating. it's ****ing annoying. i hope Mata will help change the mentality of Moyes and his formations. Mata and Kagawa i can see really working well with eachother, if Moyes allows it.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Kagawa should be first choice Number 10 whenever Rooney is not playing.

I hope Mata can operate on the right because when Rooney is back that is where he will play. And perhaps he can liberate Kagawa as you say if they interchange as happens for Japan with Honda.
  17. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Forgot Carrick was injured, hence he didnt take a penalty.

Still, Valencia and Evra should have stepped up. Weak.
  18. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  19. Diggy Force Ghost

star 5
    The knee-jerk reaction is ridiculous. David over saw a victory over 90 minutes, and a victory over 120. He is the perfect for the job and must be given time. There is no doubt he'll be a success.
    heels1785 likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I LOVED this description/analogy in Twitter ...

"@SoccerByIves: Moyes looks like that Blackjack player who has lost 20 straight hands, many in absurd fashion, yet he's 2 numb to just get up from the table"
  21. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Could it be that ManU picked up Mata so that someone could keep Kagawa company on the bench?
    Darth_Omega and DarthIntegral like this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Kagawa will probably be sold back to Dortmund in the summer so United can exchange him for Gundogan.

As for Mata, maybe Moyes is going for the Ozil effect. He's talented enough to play anywhere across the midfield (he played out left at Valencia I hear, and at times out wide right for Chelsea) and rotate with the front players.
    Problem isn't in that area though, it's the deep-lying central midfield area and the Left-back
  23. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Bayern won the "Rückrunde" opener 2-0 at 3rd place Mönchengladbach. So much for any pretense of an open race for the title.
  24. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    **** you Crystal Palace
  25. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    **** you Crystal Palace
  26. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    So Mata is now United's new Number 7, lets hope he can replicate the performances worthy of the shirt.
    Fabio & Zaha to be loaned to Cardiff, relegation battle could be good for them and make them better players for next season.

Rumour around that United have bid £21million for Luke Shaw. He's good, but is an 18 year old defender worth that?