main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice win from the Reds. If we're going to lose the league, I'll take them over City trash any day.

Swansea down to 10. Let's go.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Costa off by stretcher against Getafe, potentially serious leg injury. Would hate to see him miss the semi.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Simeone reckons it's not as bad as it looks.

4. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    Massive result for us today. Henderson will be a big miss and hopefully Sturridge isn't injured. Happy that Everton have moved to fourth too.

5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Sorry to have gone offline after stirring up the discussion on Courtois. My two cents:

I understand the feeling the Chelsea fans have that Courtois is Chelsea's. But the problem is, for this season, he's not. They decided he was surplus to requirements and loaned him out. When Atletico paid the loan fee, he became theirs for the season. To prevent him from playing against his ultimate rights holder is a clear impediment to fair competition. As epic mentioned, in (most) other leagues, loan deals have no restrictions. Kroos played against Bayern for Neverkusen (and props to epic for the proper spelling!) as did Alaba for Hoffenheim. VfB Stutgart loaned players to Nürnberg two years in a row and each played (well) against Stuttgart.

Freedom of contract doesn't apply, as a contract in violation of the law (UEFA's rules in this case) is void.

Is it a bit problematic to have a players with torn allegiances in a match? Sure, but that's the borrowing club's problem, and decision. If Atletico don't think Courtois can deal with the conflict, they'll play a back-up. I think it's a far bigger conflict situation, though, when a player who has already agreed to move to a new club has to play against that club (like Lewandowski against Bayern last Saturday). But no one is seriously proposing that they not be allowed to play, are they?

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Come on Everton you had one Job!

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So much for that, then. What an awful night.

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I had a hearty lol @ Arsenal lined up

I feel so let down

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Of all the teams that could've tripped us up, a competent bit still ultimately rubbish Crystal Palace were not the team I expected. It was an unbelievably attacking line-up, perhaps naïvely so, but Palace should've rolled over, dammit. This is a big blow; 4th place would've allowed us to keep what we have and genuinely push on. A step forward. Now, next season's gonna be another long build towards that step, but with the added problem of the ****ing Europa League.

Plus, ****ing Liverpool are gonna win the ****ing league.

Darth_Omega and yankee8255 like this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    LOL @ CITY

Joyous Sunderland. Wish they could have held on to win.

Edit: BALE!! Cracking CDR.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Palace under Pulis have been anything but rubbish. If it wasn't for Rodgers' exploits, he'd be manager of the season.

Agreed on your other points though.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Bale's goal was so EPIC.

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Hey, stop your whining, my VfB have gone from Champions League participants to relegation threatened in only a few years. At this point I'd be happy if they finished 16th and went into the playoff, rather than 17th and straight down. They've conceded 18 goals in the last 15 minutes of matches, costing them 30 freaking points (6 draws, 6 losses), including against Bayern and Dortmund.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Darth_Omega likes this.
  14. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Hey, stop your whining, my VfB have gone from Champions League participants to relegation threatened in only a few years. At this point I'd be happy if they finished 16th and went into the playoff, rather than 17th and straight down. They've conceded 18 goals in the last 15 minutes of matches, costing them 30 freaking points (6 draws, 6 losses), including against Bayern and Dortmund.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000

It's in Chelsea's hands :p

16. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    and lol@Barca. hundreds of milliions spent on the likes of Neymar and Sanchez, no one bothered to spend a few pence on defenders who can actually defend or a backup keeper.

EDIT. For the Manchester United fans here, before you start creaming in your pants over the Götze quote about Reus going to ManU, it's totally bogus.

epic and Darth_Omega like this.
  17. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    And the funniest part is that they won't be able to get any defenders in the two upcoming transfer windows.

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Or a good keeper, assuming Valdes leaves as planned.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Now, I know you've had over a decade of Moyes rubbish, telling you you're punching above your weight, you've got no money, lucky to be as high as you are etc etc etc, but it's still only one point, and it's not done yet. Who is more likely to win the remaining games, Arsenal or Everton. Everton.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Everton have to play Man City still, and United who have the PL's best away record. Plus they also have to play Southampton.

Everton are obviously still in it but it is harder for them based on who they have to play.
    Arsenal though will have one eye on the FA Cup so they might get distracted.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is embarrassing.

halibut likes this.
  22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Liverpool have a lot to thank Sunderland for this past week.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm following the game on the stupid Fox Sports gametracker - was the Azpilicueta foul clear? Reading that one of our coaches had to be restrained and taken off over it, lol.

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    seemed a dubious penalty to me...

Jose's record is on the line here

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Looked a penalty to me. Lol @ Chelsea.