main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I do think Bayern will eventually win this tie, and I bet Real will rue those missed chances.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Bayern still missing that little bit extra bite. A 1-1 draw would put them
    In very good position, though.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

3. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Poor Gary. :(

I have no idea what Guardiola said at half time but it made things worse...

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    when you have that much possession, do you really need to play Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Lahm in midfield? i think Pep could risk an additional attacker - Muller or Gotze to play in the position Kroos started today. Lahm needs to go back to RM i think for the second leg, particularly against Madrid's counter.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    1-0 at home is pretty much the definition of holding serve in a two-legged, away-goals series. So, I don't think either team will be happy or upset with the result.

Favor Bayern to advance, but not overwhelmingly so.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Still seems like a finely poised tie, though arguably Madrid should have a bigger advantage.

Kanchelskis & Savage both been lambasting the United players, with the former picking out the likes of Ferdinand & Rafael as particular failures and the latter saying the new manager needs to get rid of at least 12 of the current squad. I agree, most are mid-table quality at best and should be sold.

Vidic is going anyway so that's 1, Ferdinand & Giggs should retire from playing so that would free up squad space.

7. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    getting rid of 12 players, Savage is a moron.

4 or 5 max in is all we need. with a proper manager we'll be back in the top 4.

guardian reporting that Shaw is on the verge of signing for £30m. that would be one down.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Is he still going to sign when the club only have an interim manager?
    The guy who convinced him to sign & play for the club over his boyhood team just got sacked.

As for who to get rid of - Evra, Anderson, Cleverley, Ferdinand, Nani, Young & Buttner should all go. They are either past it or not up to the required standard to play for United. I would give Fellaini a bit more time under a new manager to see if he can improve in the position he wants to be, but if he doesn't get good he should also go. Valencia maybe too but not until there is a good replacement in, Zaha should get game time but he's still young and largely unproven. If new wingers come in though I'd say offload Valencia and stick with Zaha as backup.

Strikers is harder. I think they are all good but Hernandez may go anyway if he doesn't get enough first team action. I don't think he's anything more than an impact player though, when he starts he seems not as good.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    When you're being an insufferable, bitter, sarcastic prick, you should get charged.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Unless the referee's from Greater Manchester.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If so I'm surprised he has time to ref in between fingering his sisters.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha you win.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And the women of Manchester lose.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    My sides!

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I can't believe I shut you down after this rather than continue on so you could write ten more posts of this ilk. It's so incredibly wrong! I wanted to bold the lol parts, but that would mean bolding the entire thing! As you yourself said in response to my response to this, I won the internet. Would a 19th league trophy also be too greedy? :)

Btw, Richie liked your post. That should have set alarm bells ringing. awooga!

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Smart and handsome*!

*in the Quasimodo sense

17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

The 1-0 at home is a distinct advantage to Real. Bayern need to win by 2 at home, and the threat of a late goal by Real will be hanging over them until the final whistle.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Lack of away goals is often the key in these ties.

yankee8255 likes this.
  19. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Another advantage is that the 1-0 lead isn't big enough to think 'we've got this in the bag' so no more playing like a headless chicken like what happened in Real's last trip to Germany.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A hiding like the Spanish yes got last season should have been a wakeup call not to use the Sam strategy again.

I see Schools has joined United's coaching team. I hope he's not in charge of tackling :p

21. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000

And yet, you're still here.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Having just read my previous post, I really should turn autocorrect off.

Evening Standard says Moyes is being considered by Spurs if LVG snubs them for United.

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    zing

i still lub u iggy [face_batting]

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i won't quote E's response to that post ;)

25. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    altho tbf his domestic experience didn't particularly help and he went as far as he could in Europe, really