main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    extrapolating a final 38 game season points score based on 6 games compared to the year before lol

Herrera out for 3 weeks now too with a broken rib. not good. he'd just started to get into his groove the last few games, too.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think you're missing the point of the chart. It's not really extrapolating anything.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The horse may not be dead, but you're on the verge of killing it.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I found the most amusing part to be Stoke City at zero. The absolute most boring, consistent, frustrating (to play) club on the planet. Would not be surprised if we find out that they've fielded 11 painted androids each year, programmed to do the exact same thing. One android went through the machine first, got mangled, stretched, and disfigured, and they called him Peter Crouch.

That's all for now.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Much as I abhor Stoke, I think they've become a nicer team to watch since Hughes took over. Certainly a hell of a lot better than under Pulis.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I plan on posting each updated chart. :)

There is a sort of morbid fascination as how red Liverpool will end up anyway, but you've made it a definite.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Smh at your Geoff Cameron hate.

8. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Fulham 4 Bolton 0. Anyone surprised?

9. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    And Liverpool lost to Basel.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Chelsea has struggled with Basel in the past, they beat us last year in group, as well, at the Bridge.

No room to gloat over this one.

11. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Balotelli. What an utter waste of space.

(yes, Rom...)

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ah, but what about Rom...

Dammit!

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And Balotelli was no worse than anyone else, because they were all toothless. I appeeciTe playing it cagey away in Europe, but you can't be that woeful at defending set pieces and not even look like grabbing a goal. Luckily Sturridge should be back Saturday. Just in time for that dinosaur/owl fraud of an England manager to get him injured again.

14. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    come on Liverpool, you've gotta qualify for the group stages at least.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Liverpool did qualify for the group stage.

You may be a year (or beer) behind. In which case I have some good news and bad news. The good news is you're keeping airplane banner companies in business. The bad news is...well, everything else.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Forgive him. Every Champions League match day where United don't drop points he drinks very excessively in celebration.

epic and yankee8255 like this.
  17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    What's particularly brutal for United is that they didn't even make Europa League, meaning they'll earn no points in teh UEFA rankings, so that they'll certainly drop down to pot 2 the next time they qualify.

Good week for German sides overall, even if Sch***e did blow a shoot themselves in the foot at home vs Maribor. Dortmund and Leverkusen both won comfortably last night. On the whole, a good chance of all four sides getting to the knockout phases again. Potentially 3 group winners if Leverkusen can build on last night's win, that group (Zenit only drew at home versus Monaco) is there for the taking.

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Balotelli was no worse than anyone else, I'll admit... but he's a) useless and most importantly b) absolutely not the right sort of player to fill the Suarez-shaped hole in Brenda's forward line. He doesn't work hard. Suarez did.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Also, there's a guy fixing the blinds in my office atm who looks like Joe Hart. Perhaps it is Joe Hart? What should I do?

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Throw a football near him, and see if he dives to catch it.

21. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Throw something at him. If he drops it, you'll know it's Hart.

22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i wish i had been drinking beer instead of just doing that lame working late thing. MEH

anyway, i hope Liverpool come back in this group. although i dunno, perhaps a proper shambles of a CL endeavour will effect them even more negatively than just being tired from all the mid week games. plus it's a lot more lolworthy.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    epic we have moved onto the Joe Hart looky-likey dilemma our Everton faces.

24. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I dropped a screwed up piece of paper on the floor when he was demonstrating the best way to open my blind (yes, I'm educated now). He paid it no notice. So he must've been Joe Hart.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did he get needlessly rested during the blind installment project?

26. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    did he have dandruff?

Everton and halibut like this.
  27. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    No.

Maybe.