main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Can't see a win for Chelsea

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    One nil Chelsea. Defend like bastards, John terry scores from a corner

in other news:

raheem filmed taking laughing gas
    [​IMG]

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Essentially five with goal different, although I must admit I didn't realise the depth of implosion City were going through. Still think they'll pip it.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    it's a win win for me!

yankee8255 likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    hehe, lvg looks like a thumb with a face drawn on it

yankee8255 likes this.
  6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Klopp leaving Dortmund at end of season

thoughts, yankee8255?

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Hard to really say. From what I read of the press conference, Watzke didn't seem to want to let him go, but he is free and clear at the end of the season. Hummels and Gündogan are almost certainly leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Reus goes as well, his recent extension notwithstanding.

Thomas Tuchel will almost certainly be coaching Dortmund next year. He seemed headed Hamburg until this morning, when they signed someone else, which was something of a tipoff.

As for Klopp, he said outright that he's not taking a sabbatical. Most speculation is that he's headed to England, most likely to City.

It's s a shame the Bundesliga will lose him, I was a big fan, but it certainly seem that he had lost something this season.

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    it's a shame that this will end his project - it was going so well but all the players leaving season after season... gotta be hard to take. the silver lining is this hopefully means Hummels and maybe even Gundogan come to United next season.

it would suck if Klopp goes to City. i like him too.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I know City will want Klopp, but will he want City? It just doesn't seem like his kind of situation. Maybe he wants something new, where he can poach players and not have to worry about being poached. But, it just seems a departure too far from the core he seems to enjoy - developing talents, long term planing. Both things City need, but I don't know if City management will agree to have patience for that kind of planning.

I think City might look at him and say "he took a team to a Champions League Final with a modest budget. He'll win fifty trophies with our resources", and it will be a bad fit for both club and manager.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Watching the news during halftime of the Bayern match, lead sorry was Klopp. Really sad, it was such a wonderful fairytale that you hoped wouldn't end. Truth is that it was never the same after Götze jumped ship, that fairytale feeling was gone forever.

I, too, would expect Klopp to go to a more traditional club, but who knows. Maybe he's fed up with seeung his best players led away by truckloads of cash, wants to manage the side with those truckloads at its disposal.

11. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    nothing more than speculation, but maybe Klopp to Liverpool and Rodgers to City? very doubtful, but i could see Liverpool as more of a Klopp type side than City.

12. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013

If Brendan doesn't get a trophy, or top four, this season, from the amount of money he's spent during summer, he's gone. I can see Klopp perhaps coming in if Brendan gets the sack, but I'd consider Liverpool favourites for the FA Cup.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I simply cannot see Rodgers getting sacked. With the patience they showed over the years with him, one up-and-down season isn't going to see him sacked.

That said, I wonder if Man U wishes they'd given Moyes a second year, just so they could justify signing Klopp. If they'd known a year of patience and another season of Moyes would get them Klopp ... I don't know. I think of the "big" teams in England, United is the best fit for Klopp.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Of course, it would be unlike Mourinho to go for it when up against a decent team. It will be a park the bus job and try nick one.

halibut likes this.
  15. The Star Wars Archivist

Oct 22, 2013

He started getting monitored after the 3 - 1 Palace game. Yes, he's taken us from a dip in form, but with the amount of money he spent and took from FSG, it's not justifiable for him to stay if he doesn't get Champions League football or a single trophy.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I wish I didn't think that was true, but it would be just like Arsenal to be the best team of 2015 then blow the FA Cup on some stupid loss. Also I'm a bit concerned the whole end of Gerrard's Liverpool career thing will give them some extra oomph.

Watch us lose to Reading.

17. The Star Wars Archivist

Oct 22, 2013

At least Wenger is fireproof...

18. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i would have loved Klopp, although right now i can't say i'd change anything. and another season of Moyes would have been hell on earth.

conversely, i wonder if Klopp regrets not leaving Dortmund when he potentially had a chance at the United job.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I need at least one of Reading or Villa to win, so I can have a rooting interest in the F.A. Cup final.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think if Klopp would have known how the last 12 months would have gone a year ago, he'd have left last year and would be the manager at United. The classic "if I only knew then what I know now" situation.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys I had a dream last night that I was visiting the Emirates for a tour of the stadium. Not even for a match.

... What does this mean?

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You have very boring dreams?

I see arsen has complained that the FA cup semi is at the same time as the Chelsea v Manchester Untied game. Is this because he won't be able to watch the most important game of Arsenals season live?

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Clever.

I do have weirdly normal dreams. Like even when someone famous shows up, my interaction with them is always something really boring and realistic. Like the dream I had where I had to go to Benedict Cumberbatch's hair and makeup trailer to get him to sign some legal paperwork. And it was totally nonchalant. That was it. I'm a terrible fangirl (thank God).

So yeah, I'm actually not surprised that that was my Arsenal dream... I'm just a little sad Arsene didn't at least have the courtesy to show up in my dream with his coat zipped up, whinging about something or other.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He probably considered whinging about changes between the GoT books and TV show, but then thought "it's SJ, **** it, I don't need the lecture"

halibut likes this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Carrick, Blind, Jones & Rojo all out injured for the Chelsea game.
    Makes things much more difficult, both holding players absent including the main playmaker.
    Rooney to play in midfield?

26. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    heels1785 likes this.