main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I had just started following international soccer when Petr Cech had his horrific injury, and this looked just as bad.

Protective headgear may look goofy, but given what we know about the lasting impact of head trauma, I think it could become more mainstream. I hope it does.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Lol @ Liverpool and Diggy

if only you had a midfielder like Pogba :(

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Vastly overpriced?

4. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    I'd take an over priced class player than someone from the bargain bin thanks

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What does Pogba have to with either?

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not being used to Top 4 is making Liverpool a bit over-excited, can't beat anyone at the moment.

But they should be used to not winning cups very often, Klopp shouldn't be expected to so I doubt he's worried.

United at least have a 2-0 lead to take into this match.
    Don't really have to do anything, used to that :p

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Banned four games! Les Poissons, Les Poissons!

[​IMG]

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    A something of nothing incident but in all honesty a 4 game touchline ban is meaningless.

If the FA are looking to build the respect the Ref thing then this should have been a stadium ban with no access to the players during the game

9. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    liverpool fans talking overpriced players really? 35m on andy carroll 20m on robbie keane 20m on aquilani

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mes-transfer-market-failings-barren-spell.htm this article from 2015 is funny liverpool have spent 800m pounds and still haven't won the league and that's only gone up.

least at united we win things. also pogba is a walk up start for any team in the world. he turned down barca and real

liverpool out of the league and fa cup another trophy less season at anfield

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They're used to that though, so I'm sure the fans will be fine with it.
    After a while you resign yourself to the fact your club just aren't good enough, and that's OK. Most clubs don't win anything at all, the important thing is to accept that's just the way they are.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, only the most trophies of any team in England bar one. You should think these things through, Richard, or you might sound like you aren't the sharpish tool in the shed, in a shed containing two tools.

Under Ferguson perhaps. Since then one thing. And Liverpool have actually won the league 18 times, so you're a little off there. And please provide proof Pogbad turned them down. And lol@quoting the Daily Mail.

epic, at least you don't spout utter nonsense. I have an increasing appreciation of you [:D]

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Glorious history is just that, history.

Aston Villa won the European Cup long ago, and Blackburn won the Premiership more recently than Liverpool did.

Where are those clubs now?

Having a trophy laden past doesn't mean **** now. That was then.

United won the Treble in 1999, but that's not important now because the current team can't hope to achieve that. No club likely will for some time.
    And I don't hear fans bringing that up repeatedly, because it means nothing now. Different manager, different side.
    Unlike Liverpool fans, who like to act high & mighty & hide behind their history because they were a big deal 30 years ago & yet can't consistently win trophies or finish in the Top 4 now.

Arsenal were a big deal 15 years ago, yet their two FA Cup wins recently are about the only thing they've done for a decade. Getting Top 4 every year isn't a real achievement if you only win one domestic trophy every decade.

Recent history matters.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    All history matters, unless you have the memory of a goldfish.

And in recent history you've become a midtable team who has spent half a billion to win one FA cup. Which makes you less relevant than Arsenal. Again, think before you post, Richard.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If we win more than Arsenal this season then there's no problem.
    And that's likely, Arsenal run like clockwork. They'll be out of almost everything by the end of February.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Agreed, no problems at Old Trafford at all, it's all going to plan :)

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hell of an escape by Spurs today! That 2nd half may just be their most thrilling of this year; quite a scare from Wycombe.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's what is great about the FA Cup
    Few problems not of the manager's making, and it seems fewer than at Anfield at the moment.
    Rebuild of the side shows good progress compared to the last 3 years.

Still on course to win 21st league title before Liverpool win number 19.
    I hope you live to see the latter, you probably don't remember the last time.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Sixth and on course? How times have changed.

And of course I remember. You're the one with the short memory. Wait, you probably forgot :)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Luckily United win often enough that I only have to remember back 5 years or so.

Yes times have changed. It's a shame money is so important in the game, that league position is now seen as worth more than silverware. Leicester winning at least showed you don't need to be a super-rich club to get to the Top. But you probably do to get up there consistently.

Some good games today.
    Lincoln doing well, I'm almost tempted to bet in them as a dark horse in this competition

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did win often enough.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Won a trophy last year.
    Already in one final with two other trophies to play for.

How much can Liverpool win this year exactly?

22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    3 losses in a row at Anfield

Your team has hit the wall, Diggy. Klopp's tired your guys out already?

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd hope not.
    So many managers complain about the congested fixture list, as if millionaire athletes can't run around for more than 90 minutes a week.
    Given the facilities available to most clubs now, such talk is nonsense

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    One by my count. And if that's your best defence...wow.

epic it was second string for the most part. So I would t say tiredness. For someone reason, form in front of goal has gone off a cliff.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Welcome to our problem.

Still, at least we do eventually score. Too many draws though, if we'd taken more chances we'd be right up there now challenging Chelsea