main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Deserved win. Opening goal shouldn't have stood. Moses deservedly sent off. Mertesacker was amazing.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Meaningless as you'd have LOLed either way! 6/10

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    agree w/hal. nice for gunners fans after a miserable season. nice for the rest of us because wenger undoubtedly stays and fills his team with 14 year old french boys

yankee8255 and halibut like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We should count ourselves lucky Arsenal don't play that well every week, or they might actually be a title contender.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    K

But[​IMG]

I'll take 3 of these over the 3rd loser's spot. Nice as it is, success is measured in silver.
    You may have forgotten what that's like.

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    wanna bet? :p

yankee8255 likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You specifically mentioned the title, therefore two cup competitions are irrelevant.

And that was a ooor attempt at an insult, considering. 6/20.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Who's insulting?
    That's against the TOS, we should be above such things.

Or maybe you've spent too long in company of users who think the rules don't apply to them.
    Seem to be a few of about, getting more favours than Sir Alex from the refs in the glory days

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Mocking the failures of other teams is all in good fun. Lets keep it to that.

Even if your interpretation​ of failure is different.

Arsenal's season is tough to call. Obviously winning a trophy is better than not winning one, but missing out on CL after all these years is a failure.

Who thinks Wenger will quit?

12. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    so man city will splash 300m this window.

bernado silva has already joined. they are paying the world record fee for ederson the keeper and also look like having kyle walker join them as well. mendy will be in manchester soon for a medical at city.

united have approached inter for ivan peresic who wants to join but united not happy with the fee.

real madrid confident they will sign de gea and mbappe

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Costa isn't going to China. That's good news, I guess. Although I'd rather have liked that 100 mil to spend on Bale.

Even though I know we could never get Bale.

Upon review, I don't know what the point of this post is.

DarthIntegral and yankee8255 like this.
  14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wonder if Hart will leave City, there's too much competition now.

He's decent enough that a bunch of PL clubs would want him.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tuchel out at Dortmund.

First - hope the new manager doesn't **** with Pulisic. Shouldn't be the case, Pulisic has real skill, and just about any manager in the world would play him. Still, there's a long record of promising young American talent in Europe getting stuck to the end of the bench after a managerial change, so I'm always a little guarded. Also hope this doesn't turn into him getting transferred to Liverpool.

Second - the top clubs in England are all probably incredibly happy that Wenger just re-upped with Arsenal. And, probably happier still that Mou is locked in at Man United.

I'd expect Tuchel to sit out this season and wait to see what jobs open up. With six team believing a top four finish in England is their birth right, one of those jobs will likely open up in the next twelve months. Minus Arsenal, of course, who see no need to evolve.

Edit: there are apparently (naturally) other German clubs lining up to get his signature. Still, I'd expect money to talk, and him to go to a very large paycheck in England.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not sure why clubs would be happy José is still in charge at United.
    He's already done a better job than Moyes or LVG. United did better than City & Liverpool & Spurs this season.
    Surely they'd want someone like Moyes back.

Wenger drags Arsenal down. They might win one of the domestic cups again next season, but otherwise they'll be predictable in the league & fall apart early next year.
    Plus the Europa League will wreck their momentum.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Everyone, Manchester Untied fans and non-Manchester Untied fans alike, are happy Mourinho is staying. Just be happy with that, Richie :)

DarthIntegral likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sure thing. Though I've no idea why.
    I'm pretty sure they won't be happy if we win the league.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

What do you thinkl, sabre-rattling or can we all [face_laugh] at you?

[​IMG]

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That is correct. That's why everyone is happy. Come on Richie, you can do this...

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Pretty sure Mourinho has the best CV of anyone in the league aside from Guardiola.
    And no-one seems happy to see Pep staying

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Best resume and guided the most expensive team in history to sixth, playing dire football. That's why no one is worried.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Played badly, still achieved more than 5 teams above.
    Reason to be concerned, signings will only improve the flaws of the team. Imagine what can be done when United actually play well if they won 2 trophies playing ****

Guardiola has a team equally expensive & has a more God-like reputation.
    Everyone spends their time criticizing two managers who actually won something this season instead of him

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Favorite to replace him is Lucien Favre, who is currently at Nice. Only open question is if Dortmund is willing to buy out his contract. I assume they are, otherwise they would not have dumped Tuchel.

Regarding Pulisic, I doubt he needs to worry, he's too good. Favre had a good record developing young players at Gladbach, including Fabian Johnson. And Dortmund made a big commitment to youth last offseason, they're not going to change course so quickly.

PS Heels: Griezman has reportedly told Atlético he wants to leave. I look forward to seeing him and Bale on the Bench for United next season while Fellaini plays lone striker in a 9-1 park the bus formation.

DarthIntegral and Diggy like this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Use them to score goals.
    Then park the bus.

Chelsea & Inter fans weren't complaining when he won titles using that tactic.

No point in buying attacking players if you don't plan to attack with them
    Although, not sure Bale is needed.