main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They're being played in the right positions in a way they feel is effective.
    Van Gaal tried to fit everyone into the team, killed the attacking instincts & creativity of the players by not giving them freedom & played a slow sideways style.

Mourinho plays defensive football, but he likes fast counter attacks & tries to create formations that enable the attackers to go forward more.

Look at the number of chances created per game last season compared to under LVG.
    Finishing was poor, but the attacking play was good.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, they were dire to watch. Mourinho is anti-football, accept it.

yankee8255 likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wasn't aware there is a specific way to play.

Liverpool's high-pressing style hasn't got them very far either.

Neither has Arsenal's elaborate passing game.

If you win, it doesn't matter what style you use.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Except we weren't discussing trophies, we were discussing style of play, specifically the **** on a stick stuff Mourinho serves up.

When you shift the goal posts, remember to move the bus aswell.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't follow football, but my heart was warmed by the story of the Ghanain(sp?) policeman guarding the national team, whose own skills with a local team, have led him to being called up to the national team, for the next Africa's Cup!

6. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I suspect the Chelsea fans here, and generally, would have said the same after the 2014-15 season. A year later, not so much.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    How can a 23 year old play in the Under-21s tournament?

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    How can a 23 year old play in the Under-21s tournament?

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Age allowances. I believe that they can take up to 4 players of 24 years or younger to the tournament.

It's an odd one but there you are.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah it was the same in the Olympics because I think Giggs played even though teams had to have younger players (under 23s?).

Seem CR7 wants to leave Madrid.
    If he buys out his contract I'm sure United would gladly have him back.
    Otherwise, is forking out a hefty fee at his age still worth it?

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I believe that for the under 23 tournaments, 3 pl,ayers can be over 23. At least that's what I remember for the Olympics.

For the under-21 tournament, they have to be 21 or under when qualification began. Still, that does make calling "under-21" a bit stupid.

12. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    for woody yes its a statement signing so he would be all over it. helps us win more games and trophies as well as the club making more money.

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    All that really matters is that they're England and lose to Germany in penalties. Another generation of English players who know their place.
    [​IMG]

PS Great job with the new server, now it crashes every time I post here.

Diggy and Darth_Omega like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yankee with the hatrick.

yankee8255 likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    usa bpl fans - nbc sports charging $50 to stream games starting next season on a separate platform, removing all content from nbcsports extra service

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's no longer sponsored by Barclays. It hasn't been for over a year!

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fifty bucks gets me all games and I don't need cable?

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I wish! It looks like it won't show the games on TV live. I assume they'll on there delayed, but still. I was close to cutting the cord...

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes - I see that.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    NBC are essentially saying to me, "you know those decent quality streams you can get for a quid a week? Go ahead, we don't want your money!"

yankee8255 likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
  22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
  23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Pretty great start to the weekend for German football last night, winning the U21 last night against heavily favored Spain despite 7 potential starters not being available as their on the senior "B-team" that played Chile tomorrow night in the Confed Cup final. Tremendous amount of talent that's been generated the past 10-15 years.

Darth_Omega and DarthIntegral like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    How many of those young Germans have loose ties to the US / fathers who were were in the US armed forces ... damn it, nevermind. We fired Klinsman. One thing he was good for.

25. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Unlike the last time they won this (with Fabian Johnson on the bench) none.

And it wasn't just Klinsmann. Go back to the team that did well at home, Tom Dooley was one of the key players.

26. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    As a gift to all Manchester Untied fans, I have purchased you all a copy of the newest Mourinho Football Manager game.

[​IMG]

You're welcome!

yankee8255 likes this.
  27. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    As a gift to all Manchester Untied fans, I have purchased you all a copy of the newest Mourinho Football Manager game.

[​IMG]

You're welcome!

DarthIntegral likes this.
  28. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Thank you Chelski for ensuring that Antonio RĂ¼diger is a gift that keeps on giving to VfB (10%).

29. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes, I'm quite aware that Klinsmann wasn't the inventor of Germericans. He just took it to an unhealthy level, it seemed. Or, at least, that was the in-the-moment reaction I had. Maybe I'm just bitter about him promising a World Cup roster spot to Julian Green and cutting Landon Donovan, who deserved a much better exit.

30. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, his treatment of Donovan was definitely wrong, and really undermined him in the long run.

Also, worth noting that Green struggled to even get playing time at Stuttgart towards the end of the season.

31. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Rangers out of Europe. Lost 2-0 (2-1agg) to the fourth best team in Luxembourg.

yankee8255 likes this.
  32. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Rangers out of Europe. Lost 2-0 (2-1agg) to the fourth best team in Luxembourg.

33. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    You should have posted one more time

34. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So shocked by the result, you posted it three times.

35. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    So video review celebrated a less than auspicious start at the Confed Cup. A Chilean player committed about as clear cut a red card for elbowing as you can imagine, ref took three minutes or more to review and only gave a yellow. Really glad we stopped the match for that.

36. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Supreme Court rules in favour HMRC (UK's Inland Revenue) over Rangers use of discretionary "bonus loans" paid to players.

"The discretionary bonuses made available to RFC's employees through the same trust mechanisms also fall within the tax charge as these were given in respect of the employee's work"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40501361

SPFL Statement:
    An SPFL spokesman said: "The Board of the SPFL notes today's judgement of the Supreme Court. We will now take time to examine the judgement in detail and to consider any implications for the SPFL."

The non disclosure of these payments for in respect of employee's (players) work to the football authorities, intended to avoid exposure to tax and therefore pay higher wages to attract better players than they could afford, was a breach of the rules. An earlier ruling by the SPFL was made on the basis of an upheld appeal to the original ruling in favour of HMRC. It remains to be seen if retrospective action will be made to match results and competitions won during the period that Rangers were breaking these rules and avoiding tax on player's incomes from the illegal scheme.

This final stage allows the revenue service to pursue other clubs and companies for unpaid taxes on income dispersed using this and similar financial doping schemes.

Rangers FC went into administration and the entered liquidation in 2012. A consortium was sold the liquidated clubs assets and later received special permission to rename themselves from Sevco to The Rangers and then finally Rangers.