main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

obviously bellarin planned this

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was pretty dangerous, I can see why he got red for it.

And why it probably won't be overturned

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Why is he laying his leg literally along the ground in front of a player? And where else is Pogba meant to put his leg? obviously a single screen shot of the actual collision tells the whole story

4. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    It wasn't dangerous at all, he is literally just running. He doesn't change his stride. Bellerin bizarrely just presents his leg as if he wanted it to be stood on, right in front of a player running quickly

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I've never witnessed such an unjust red.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    im glad we are seeing eye to eye on this important matter my friend and comrade

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

to the average (non-fan) eye, it looks like he was lunging in one direction, realized it was the wrong one, and tried to make the tackle

pogber then stomped on him.

fortunate that's not a 12-18 month injury, career-altering. one would think that "presenting his leg" would more often than not lead to pogber tripping, thus a foul on bellarin. not gettting stomped on.

8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    [​IMG]

this apparently is what they call defending

9. epic

Jul 4, 1999

fine line between tripping and landing on a leg when it's in that weird position, at the pace of a professional game of football.

10. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    that was totally not intentional he went the ball and the follow through landed on the leg pogba isn't a dirty player it deserves a red but the hyperbole of some suggesting he meant it is ridiculous we were up and dominating the game there was no reason for it

good to get 3 points away from home at one of the other top 6's ground. lingard for such a limited player really has a habit of scoring goals in big games mostly wembley so far he causes headaches because he chases and harasses unlike lukaku who wont move and really lingard should of had a hatty

not much needs to be said about de gea the man is simply outstanding 33 shots on his goal 15 saves and a few world class ones clearly the best keeper in the league and for mine the best in the world though im bias hopefully we can keep him away from real

having said all this we were really lucky to get all 3 points arsenal had 2 very good penalty shouts and honestly feel one if not both should of been given.

pogba out for the manchester derby is a huge loss city will probably spank us now.

been impressed with ashley young's career revival in the last few weeks. and never realized just how good a player matic is but seeing him every week in the united shirt putting a shift in is ultra impressive.

anyone catch dele alli's melt after getting subbed last night?

as for transfers
    talk is kane is flirting with madrid and neymar isn't happy at psg

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    1) spanked “now”? Lol

2) that’s a really long sentence.

Darth Punk likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    de gea was pretty great - i agree with that part.

13. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    best keeper in the world, comfortably. lloris couldn't do what he did yesterday, that double save in particular was amazing

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It’s not like you to overhype a player.

15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    he doesn't need over hyping, it's just obvious. not like I'm suddenly trying to say lingard is a future star or anything

we only have two true superstars - de gea and pogba.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The best currently, but in significant part because Neuer has been hurt for the better part of a year.

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The best currently, but in significant part because Neuer has been hurt for the better part of a year.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Personally I would put Neuer and De Gea on a par with each other, I can't identify a flaw in either's game.

Lloris and Donnarumma are close behind though and considering Donnarumma's age, I believe if he continues to develop as he is he'll surpass both Neuer and De Gea

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd currently put De Gea above Neuer.

Neuer of course has shown quality in the CL consistently, though he has been in the competition more than De Gea.

But De Gea performs better more often against more challenging opposition because of the quality of teams in the PL he faces every week.

It is however a difficult comparison to make if they don't play in the same league.
    How good would Neuer look in the PL Vs Bundesliga?

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The quality of about 6 teams in the PL.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll take Steffen over any of them.

(I mean. Not really. But homerism)

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Vs what -

2 teams in the French League 1
    3/4 in La Liga
    2 in Bundesliga
    2 in Serie A

At least half the teams in the PL are capable of regularly causing problems for the top sides. Heck one even won the title not long ago.
    De Gea has more work to do every week Vs most PL teams than Neuer has Vs most Bundesliga teams.

Look at Craig Gordon. Sure he's the best keeper in the Scottish League, but given the quality of the opposition Celtic faces every week would anyone claim he's one of the world's top keepers?
    Obviously the Bundesliga is harder than the Scottish PL, but it's not as testing regularly as the PL.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’ll freely admit I don’t watch enough football to declare any player the best in any position.

Although Salah...

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He's doing great.

He & De Bruyne are arguably the best Midfielders in the PL right now

26. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Salah is t a midfielder, so...