main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    We’ll ignore the fact Salah is a forward/winger and not a central midfielder too, eh? Unless you think De Gea and Lloris should be chipping in their fair share of goals too.

In other news, Sanchez day is tomorrow I reckon. I can feel it in my bones.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope his arrival won't affect the development of the younger players.

Would be a shame if it also means Mata goes, he's been great. Such vision as a player.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Of course it will. You're paying an eye-watering 180 million for a 29 year old, it's absurdly short term thinking even for Mourinho.

@epic for much of his time, Gerrard was a central midfielder. His goal return was never as lousy as Pogbads. If you want to go with current players, he is joint 21st for midfielders

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goals?se=79

along with the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Although Pogbad has take far more minutes to get his three goals). But he has scored more than goal keepers! (but less than some defenders....)

Pogba is okay, but nothing special. He could be - under a superior manager.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Pogba didn't score many goals for Juventus, that wasn't his role in the team.
    He & Pirlo were the backbone & creative force of that side, assisting goals & breaking up play.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He was much better at Juve, from what I understand. Mourinho is a waster.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I wouldn't hate Dortmund selling Auba to Arsenal. The guy would be moving from a situation where he can't contend for a league title but has recent success in domestic cups with a great amount of manager turnover for a situation where he can't contend for a league title but has recent success in domestic cups with manager stability (and staleness). Have no faith in Dortmund to buy a ready-made player to fill the lost production should he leave, though, and rather get another promising youngster to sell in a few years.

yankee8255 likes this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Smh @ Arsenal. Without Sánchez, we are sunk. We absolutely are gonna have to press Wenger to just retire already. Should have been after last year.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    If I were Dortmund I would take Arsenal’s offer in a heartbeat.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Auba needs to go, the situation is just about past reconcilable, and so yeah - it's a nice offer, I'd take it.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    It’s been past that point for a while. They‘ve let others go so easily (Kagawa, Sahin). The drama with Auba has gone on long enough, it’s hurting the team. Time to move on.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I've read Crouch and Andy Carroll are linked to Chelsea.

This better be a ****ing joke.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If Arsenal get Auba & Mkhitarian they have a pretty decent attack if Wenger bothers to play Lacazette & Ozil along with them.

I doubt he will though, he has a habit of not using his best players for some reason.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Has to be Dzeko, if Conte is committed to this "big" forward concept. Don't trust any of the PL names being floated. Roma won't win their league, but they're still in CL, so it's going to take some cash.

DANNASUK likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What?!?!

They'll fit right in with Drinkwater and Barkley. The future is bright!

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  16. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    180m lol. Explain to me where the 180 comes from. And also explain why salary is suddenly being added into the deal? Should we do the same for your 75m transfer fee only defender?

Fact is we are swapping one attacker who barely plays, has been wildly inconsisent, and is about a month younger, removing his salary from the wage bill, for a world class attacker, and one of the best players in the league. The additional financial outlay is neglible for a club of United’s size. And for a player that would command double the transfer fee if he had more than 6 months on his contract. And yet the media (which you’ve been sucked into) are trying to present this as some kind of crazy, bad deal. It’s the deal of the year.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You said wages, so you know where 180 million comes from.

And if you add VvD wages, it's still far below 180 million.

You're getting a terrible deal, short term thinking abounds. He'll be great for about 18 months (when not playing full back) then his legs will go. But his bank balance will be happy, so.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    He’s just turned 29. He’s in his peak. Why would you think his legs will go before he’s even 31? Nonsense.

Mhki is practically the same age. It’s a massive upgrade for barely any additional cost. Terrible deal? Lol. Ok.

Also the 180m figure is still media BS. Unless you’re already privy to the inner dealings of his contract.

20. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    A terrible deal is thinking Andy ****ing Carroll is the answer to your striker woes. What have Chelsea become? When Hazard pisses off to Madrid in the summer they’ll be fighting for Europa going forward at this rate.

Diggy likes this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He hasn't had a summer off in five years. That's a lot of miles. And Mickey Ryan is on 500K a week? I think it's quite a bit of additional cost. And unless you're privy to the inner dealings of his contract, how do you know it's media BS?

22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    He’s a fit guy. And he has those two lovely dogs of his to de-stress every day.

500k is BS. It will be more like 350k I imagine, although neither of us know anything. But I’m not the one throwing 180m figures around.

The additional weekly wage will be well worth the increase in quality of player, given there’s no transfer fee involved. Mhki does nothing for games on end. Sanchez is WC. Deal of the winter.

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Chelsea are so reliant on Hazard it’s unreal.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They have a habit of winning the league & then falling apart, and then winning the league again.
    Chelsea have too much money not too succeed occasionally. Hazard is a great player but he can be replaced.
    Chelsea's problem is how they seem to hate developing players.
    You could make a league-winning team out of the players they moved on instead of keeping (Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah etc).

I wouldn't call Sanchez deal of the season. That would be if we signed him for free in the summer.
    This was never a straight swap deal. Arsenal are getting about £30million for him & also Mkhitarian.

Free is better

25. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Arsenal are not getting £30m plus Mhki. They’ve both been valued at £35m each.