main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Because nobody besides me and Inty post in the USWNT thread. And what the **** else are we gonna talk about for the next three months.

I present to you, US Soccer Legend Brandi Chastain's HOF Plaque:

[​IMG]

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think you mean @Everton Legend Dixie Dean.

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    that's a shockingly good comparison, dig

did you really make that connection in 6 minutes?

Diggy likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, in about 2 seconds. Dean really was a legend of the english game, take a look at his stats. So I am quite familiar with him. But it was pure luck that the one picture on google of him smiling has the hair parted just right and the exact smile.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ah, okay. my "chelsea fan since oil money" is showing, haven't heard of him.

edit - 349 goals in 399 games for everton. that's something.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    SithLordDarthRichie and Diggy like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    In 1927-28 he got 67 goals, 60 of them in the league. So Salah has a long way to go.

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    a Plaque like that makes you long for the quality work of [​IMG]

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If this level of quality continues they'll soon be able to open a derpy footballer statue Hall of Fame

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

guess who!

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    New England captain Harry Kane says the team can win the World Cup in Russia and "anything else is not good enough".

Looks like #richielogic has spread worldwide

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    when they finish last in their group with no wins and a -8 goal diff, epic will be the first to point out that england finished just a single position behind the greatest tunisian team ever to compete

#richielogic

epic , halibut and Diggy like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    England will score ten goals on their way to fourth in the group. As Harry Kane now claims any goals scored by team mates he technically will have ten goals and therefore the golden boot. #richielogic

heels1785 likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    To be fair to Kane, he likely associates "Top 4" with "winning". And there are only four teams in the Group. So, from that point of view, England will "win" the World Cup.

Diggy and heels1785 like this.
  15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought most people here associated Top 4 with winning, given the apparent sudden defence of United's 2nd place finish as if it's worth anything.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    In all honesty I like his optimism.

I pleases me to have him confirm he's a little dim.

That being said, I'd like England to go into this with no fear for a change.

We get out of the group then brill, anything after that is a bonus. I'm not expecting us to do anything but a team without the weight of expectation we've had in the past may help.

Our media will obviously build them up to stupid levels or will uncover that Kane once kissed his best mates missus 3 years ago and make a major scandal and throw us off balance like they do every year.

Out of the group would be nice though.

BTW Kane will claim any goal score vs England and if he gets an own goal that will be added to his goals tally making him a shoe in for the goalden boot #ritchielogic

heels1785 and Diggy like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'd take top 4 :(

[​IMG]

at least we get to go play in exciting stadiums next year, in far away lands with poor security

DarthIntegral and Diggy like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    FTFY

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Should be a good tournament, if all the big teams perform well.

It'll be interesting to see how far Argentina get this time, team is very dependent on the front 3

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Will be interesting to see against which opponent Higuain misses good chances against, dooming Argentina to defeat.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Whatever happens, don't cry for them

heels1785 likes this.
  22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I can see Messi being built up again as he has for the last umpteen world cups and flopping massively (Unless he plays England where he'll get 4)

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not unreasonable to expect the world's best player to do something amazing.

And he should, if he wants to be rated higher than Maradona

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    if Higuain could finish in a Cup Final, Messi would have won the last World Cup, and yankee's liver would be healthier.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It looks like Manchester Untied have Fred wrapped up. Hopefully they don't also get Sergej Milinkovic‑Savic. A Fred/Savic combination could see a return to the wonder years.

epic and DarthIntegral like this.