main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bed Blanket Lawn Party, one post Pooja /Uncle Ani story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthBreezy, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    This little short came out of a chat...

Just a break from agnst... "Come Undone " will be updated on schedual but for now, a little visit to the Naberrie home...

The Bed Blanket Lawn Party

A little fic By

Darth Breezy

Eight months! Eight months since his secret wedding to his beloved Angel and at this first opportunity to be together for any real length of time, Anakin was sick.

He had secured a 15 day leave with the promise to report to Arbra at its end. As Arbra was only a short journey from Naboo, he would be spending his free time there as in his heart, it had always been a place of refuge. Never mind the fact that it was also the home of his friend ?Senator Amidala?? it was just a fortunate coincidence that they happened to share the love of her home world. That was the ?official? word at least, and it worked for those who would be concerned about such matters. Indeed, Obi-wan had raised nary a cynical eyebrow when Anakin had told him of his plans. The fact that the Senate was in recess and that Amidala might be there? well, as was mentioned before, it was her home world too? what of it?

Oddly enough, his plans had originally included spending a great deal of time in bed? of course Padmé had factored rather prominently in those ideas but most decidedly not as a nursemaid! So here he was, lying in the guest room of the Naberrie household. While the rest of the family was preparing for the Lawn Party that they would be holding in three days, he, Anakin Skywalker, Jedi and hero of the Battle of Geonosis, was laying in a sick bed floored by a simple cold. Obi-wan would have been pleased?

Things has started off well enough. Padmé had met him at the Hotel in Theed and they had managed to spend at least one night in each others embraces before returning to her family home where a slight sniffle that had been echoed from Padmé?s niece Pooja, had, for Anakin at least, turned into a raging head cold over night. The Healer had come and gone, prescribing bed rest and a sleep inducing tea that seemed (in Anakin?s eyes) to have been made from Bantha urine? (on second thought, Bantha urine would probably taste better and be just as effective, but rather than risk the considerable wrath of his wife, Anakin took the remedy without comment.)

Slowly, even with his senses dulled by illness and sedation, Anakin became acutely aware of an increasingly painful pressure on his? well, his groin. He opened his eyes to find that Pooja had set up a little picnic on his lap complete with a little blanket, sandwiches and cups with saucers, and the inevitable teapot which was resting right on his?

?Perhaps we should move this little one?? he said as calmly as he could, gingerly moving the very full (and very HOT) pot to the side table. ?And what brings you here then?? He gave her a bleary wink. ?Does you mother know you?re here??

?Momma is out in the garden with Auntie Padmé and Granma,? Pooja said petulantly. ?And Ryoo told me that I was just under foot and that it was my fault that you would miss the party and that you would hate me forever ?coz you only see Auntie Padmé every once in a while and it?s my fault that you?re sick?? her brown eyes, so much like her aunt?s, welled up with tears.

Almost fully awake now, Anakin cupped her chin in his left hand and gently lifted her face up to meet his eyes.

?Neither your Auntie Padmé nor I could ever hate you little one?? he said softly, and smiled. Relieved that the world wasn?t going to come to an end after all, she smiled sniffing back tears.

?Since you?re too sick to come to the party I thought I?d bring you a lawn party on your bed!? She smiled broadly, and handed him a cup and saucer. More alert now, he quickly made for the teapot and poured some first for Pooja, and then, tentatively for himself. To his surprise and delight, the tea wasn?t the Bantha piss that the Heal

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    ?I like to be cuddled? she admitted, her thumb creeping towards her mouth. ?But I don?t think I want to learn to cook just yet.? She sighed, and her eyelids began to droop.

Awww!

I love it!

3. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That's wonderful! Very, very nice.

4. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    That brought a warm glow to me on a cold winter snowy day!! Just lovely..

5. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This was so sweet, DB, I loved it. Ani would have been such a good daddy...

:) :_|

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I love this one. It's so sweet, and so real, and such a delightful break from angst!

"Are who???" Laugh out loud! I can jsut see it happening...and the precariously perched teapot......love it.

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Such a sweet story, DB!

How nice to think of Anakin having an affectionate relationship with his nieces and Padme's family.

:)

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Very sweet, Breezy :).

An adorable story, with an equally cute title.

Thank you!

Am [face_love]

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    So sweet! So cute! Pooja is awesome! :D :D :D

This was wonderful, DB. It's great to see the kind and gentle side of Anakin even after AOTC. Nice job.

I must register a slight objection. I believe this viggie should have a warning at the top (like for spoilers) -- Possible Side Effects In Men Include Extreme Cringing. Seriously, the teapot was freakin' me out! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Awwww, how cute! Little Ani and even littler Pooja! They're perfect together... Hehe, Pooja marrying Artoo! Well, the hieght works!

11. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Very very very very very good story DB. I liked it a lot.

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello everyone!

I'm glad you liked my little tale...

Ty-gon Jinn

Yes, sometimes I wish I could go back to the time when being an adult ment cooking or cuddleing at the most...

Dally

Thank you again as always...

qingauk

I'm glad it warmed you up!

stacysatrip

Yes, I think Anakin would have made a great daddy... this way I can play with that.

geo3

Poor Ani, never under estimate the power of love... I think that Pooja grew up to be R2's girlfreind in "Beneath the Dome" :p

LadyPadme

As I said, it gives him a chance to explore fatherhood...

Amidala_Skywalker

Thanks!

Lex

Teapots, Ice cream... it's all relative... :p

bobilll

Would Anakin have to be the best man??

anidanami124

Glad you've enjoyed it...

13. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Wonderful viggy DB!

So very sweet and cute. Great job! :)

14. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    how very cute, Breezy.
    i guess ani's not quite vader yet in this story.

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A little bump off of #13...

16. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Simply adorable DB!! I really enjoyed it! :D :D

17. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    That was so sweet and adorable......

18. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    That was beyond precious......
    ?Auntie Padmé won?t mind you cuddling me?"
    LOL! That was too cute!

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey, A few more notes...

APF:

You know this was your fault... :p

zeekveerko:

Far from it...
    Kinda makes a nice change...

;)

Arriss:

:D

Lady Skywalker:

Also,

:D

FAB:

After all, as far as Pooja's concernd, that's what husbands are for... Cuddling!!

DB<< Agrees withh Pooja that Uncle Ani would be immensely cuddleable!

[face_love]

20. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    A cute, sweet little story...how sad that someone who could've been a good father ends up a Sith Lord. Sigh.

Got a good laugh out of the teapot!

--MissPadme

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed it! Although Lex would disagree with you about the teapot....

22. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    Awwww...Pooja is such a cutie pie. I got a good laugh out of her placing the teapot on such a sensitive area as well as her declaring her intention to marry R2 one day. LOL Bet that would make 3PO real jealous. :D

Great job, DB! That was a very enjoyable read. :)

23. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Oh that's so cute!!! [face_love]

R2?!? :eek: I must say, Ani handled that teapot with more self-control than I would have! ;)

Bravo!

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I received a PM today saying that this piece has made it to the voting round of the summer fan fiction awards!

This was my first piece that was also accepted at the archives and is very near and dear to my heart.

It's lovely to know that it is also enjoyed by so many people!

[face_love]

25. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Of course it was, Breezy. :)

Bumping this to the top where it belongs. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.