main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ben Skywalker Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    This is party(not as in food and fun, as in Republican and Democrat) for the appreciation of the potential of the Ben Skywalker character. This is probably a bit premature, but at least will serve to be a good place for speculation! Post your thoughts, fanfiction, speculation, hopes, and ideas about Ben Skywalker.

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    This sounds like a great idea. :)

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *checking in with Dr. Pepper and klondike bars*

4. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Sweet. Definitely in.

5. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Alright! I like the quote in your sig, Erela, by the way. You should post some of your fics!

6. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    I would love to post a fic. Unfortunately, I have yet to finish a single one. Well, no, I finished one, but it was an intertrilogy Obi-Wan vignette. Definitely not Ben.

But thanks. If I do finish something, it'll definitely be up here somewhere.

7. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    You don't have to finish it, necessarily. All you have to do is have a substantial amount done, finish a final draft of, say, the first chapter, and post it. Then you keep editing as you go and you don't even have to write more until after a few posts?

Anyone got ideas for a first topic of discussion in this thread?

8. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm in. I'm Hoping Ben will be one of the central characters in Dennings Post-NJO trilogy. He is one of the few characters introduced in the NJO that could actually appear in post-NJO. Almost every other Newbi died.

9. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    Maybe--kinda silly perhaps--but maybe each of us could write a couple paragraphs as Ben, just to see how each of us thinks of him. We could come up with a list of questions that would draw out personality and compare our answers. I'm just curious about the way all of you think of him, and this would be one way to see.

10. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    ...Brilliant idea! I'll type up mine.

11. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    You can count me in!!

I'm working on a Ben story right now...and have found myself loving it! Since he's just a baby in NJO, I like being able to go my own way with his personality. Has anyone else started, or have done, any stories w/ Ben??

12. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    Aw, thanks. :)

The paragraphs could be a way to get started, but I think it'd be good to have a list of questions that everyone answers. You know... rank family, Jedi, honor, etc in order as you see them, stuff like that.

I'll type up my paragraphs too, I suppose.

13. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    I've started so many stories but I haven't finished many. I'm about 17 pages into my latest one, but it's a major AU (all of my stories are. No NJO). I'd love to see your story!

14. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Akira has a Running Ben story

15. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Ben Skywalker, seems to me to be the embodiment of Jedi rebellion. It's no coincidence that none of the Solo children went into politics, and the reason is the same reason that will be a trial for keeping Ben a Jedi. His potential in the Force will be ridiculously strong. Most likely eclipsing Anakin Solo. But he will not be likely to be controlled. His father singlehandedly respawned the Jedi, and there will be tremendous pressure on Ben to be the kind of Jedi his father was. But I can't see Ben conforming to the pressure-he will fight it every step of the way.

Personality wise however, I think Ben will be a lot like his father was. Strong in the Force, a brilliant swordsman, a prodigious pilot, but a kind hearted and innocent boy. He's likely to have many stress issues but internalize them. To build a crucible which may itself be burned. He'll have his mother's distate for overt subtlety in any situation that doesn't demand it, and his father's knack for getting into trouble. And most importantly, I think he'll have his father's selflessness and need to do good. But, as in my fic, I think that his need to do good in every situation and his resentment for the pressure to be like his father will drive him from the Jedi, who often have to sacrifice for the greater good rather than every individual one. This may lead Ben Skywalker to fight a Rebellion like crusade against the Jedi-and he just might win.

16. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    That reminds me. If you have Ben fanfiction up on a website, post the link here!

17. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    sorry Im late. I was temporarly dead for tax reasons. JK actually I was at summer camp but WE.

I have a fic on the topic called some hero.

18. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    I think being a jedi would be very hard for Ben. Luke's shoes are a big one to fill. and It's always hard for a teacher to teach their own kid, Imagine that with both parents in charge of the Jedi.

19. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Ben Skywalker Fanfics...

Torch of the Jedi:

Book One: And A Child Shall Lead Us by Suzuki_Akira
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/14372349/?189
    Book Two: The Holocron by Suzuki_Akira
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16014687/?15

Ben Skywalker: Secret Agent of the GFFA by Zara_Valinor
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16038519/?94

Destiny's Choice by Lady_Jade
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16211518/?50

Some Hero by Vongchild
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=15996909

20. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    Ben is no ordinary Jedi apprentice and never could be. As a Skywalker, in a sense his father's legacy, the pressure is immense. Ben is expected to be one of the greatest of Jedi and, someday, take over the academy his father started. Ben isn't a conformist, and he certainly doesn't try to adhere to everything he's supposed to be, but his dedication to the Jedi is immense. He is in love with the force itself.

Ben is perhaps the best lightsabre fighter in his generation, but his hand-to-hand isn't at the same level. He's pretty good with a blaster and is undoubtably the person with greatest Jedi potential aside from his father.

Personality-wise, Ben has his father's heart, his grandfather's impatience, recklessness, and temper (but also his childhood desire to help as many people as he can), and his mother's wit (not to mention her willingness to bend rules for a proper cause). He's extremely well-spoken and gets his stubbornness from both sides of the family.

21. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey. Thanx for the invite Suzuki. Great idea.

Does anyone else hope Luke and/or Mara aren't Ben's master(s)?

22. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Actually, I do. I think that Ben needs some other perspectives on the Force and the training of Jedi besides the ones he grows up with.

23. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    yeah that would cause too much trouble

24. -Erela-

Jun 9, 2004
    I could see him as Corran's apprentice.

25. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    I think it would be cool to see him as Kenth Hamner's Padawan. he is a level headed jedi who seems up for a challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.