main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ben Skywalker Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    we hear you darth furio. i guess we will see what happens. i would agree with some on here that we have seen a lot out of Ben already. Ben's skillful handling of the two combatants on Dathomir was incredible. he managed to be there so fast that it was a blur. he managed to disarm the one guy without hurting him. even luke was impressed. Ben also did well against Vestara's dad. Her Father should be more powerful then ben, but Ben was holding his own. I think we will see even more from Ben in the last couple books.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    For sure JM. He's already becoming a focal point already with the Vestara relationship and for some reason I think he'll be instrumental against Abeloth. After all he was in the Maw the same time the other Jedi that have gone insane were. For me personally he's getting one of the best character developments in the series.

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Abeloth is theoretically the reason he rejected the Force for a while right? This would be a good way to come full circle.

4. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    That's a good point. Maybe that could be a reason Ben hasn't been effected by the "madness." His ability to shut Abeloth out could be saving him. Or maybe it's just because he's a Skywalker.

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    makes sense that he could shut Abeloth out, but i think a possible plot twist coming is maybe he does get infected when ableoth resurfaces. that would get interesting as for what vestara versus luke does.

For me personally he's getting one of the best character developments in the series.

actually i would say that he has gotten the best characterization, and Vestara second.

6. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Hey everybody, how're ya doin'? Decided I'd join since Ben is one of my fav Skywalkers. :)

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Welcome to the discussion!

I don't think they'll infect Ben. Has abeloth successfully infected an really strong jedi? It's been a while but if I recall, Kyp is okay, Cilghal is okay, and a lot of the major leaders. Ben is equally powerful as many of them seemingly. And if you think about it, wouldn't abeloth want to try to infect Ben or Luke first? the most powerful in the order could cause a tremendous amount of damage. But maybe that would be tipping the hand a bit soon. I think though that abeloth isn't strong enough to infect many of the strong ones. At least not from that distance. But of course every single bit of this is simply guesswork.

8. zanerayhen

zanerayhen Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2008
    Kyp, Cilghal and Luke were not ever infants at Shelter. Remember, so far those infected are people who were very young, and at Shelter during NJO. I don't think it has so much to do with how powerful the person is. I mean Look at Dyon Stadd. He is considerably less powerful than any of the others that were "infected", yet he was only the most recent to "turn".

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    You're right Zane. Abeloth even said it in Allies, that she wanted everyone that was with her before (in the maw) back with her. Ben won't get infected IMO, just because he is that strong in the Force.

As to what JM was saying about Luke and Vestara, she's a Sith and I think she won't betray that until something big happens. She'll need convincing. I can see a double turn happen here. I think the Sith will do something really messed up, that will give Ben the ammo he needs to say "See, the light side is better" because we know he senses good in her. (I still get goosebumps thinking about that line from Ben when I read it) Then Vestara will turn and that will eventually lead to Big Daddy Khai turning as well because it's his little girl, and Luke's always right. :p This all of course is IMHO.

10. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    It's not so much there is good in her. She is just being exposed to another way of life, a way that makes more sense. She has been trained to kill her best friend and use her body sexually and who knows what else. This was acceptable to her. Then she met these Jedi. It's like we have two choices at a family, the one we are born into and the one we make. Therein lies the difference.

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Sounding pretty good both with the abeloth and vestara questions. We might even stumble upon the answers before the series ends! That would be awesome.

12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i do not think Ben is half as powerful as Kyp, or even Jaiona yet. But he will be.

13. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    I would hope he wouldn't be all powerful yet. He's only 16 after all. I don't think he will be infected. He rejected her infection years ago. While abeloth isprobably ancient I think ship is as well. I can't believe that the sit were smart enough thousands of years ago to create him. He was just corrupted by them.

14. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Reading through again, and have decided that being called Grand Master Whango Mittphool isn't really that bad of a gig.

15. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Re: Vestara, over in SOS, I argued that Vestara and Gavar's plan is to use Ben to create a master race of Sith. That seems about right.

16. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    I don't think Ben will accommodate them.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Agreed, no way. Ben will eventually turn her, ala Luke and Mara. Del Rey these days are that predictable.

18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Not that I mind...

19. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    I think Ben turning is way more predictable.

20. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I don't think he will either. As girl-crazy as he was in LOTF, he seems to have a level head now.

The discussion actually started as a question of midichlorians, and the unfortunate implications therein.

21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    ben will never turn. unless del rey wants him to of course. so will we ever get rid of del rey?? who could do it better??

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    It's really just a matter of time until they turn or kill every single one of my favorites. I shudder *shudder to think of what they'll do to Corran.

23. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    Makes me wonder what's gonna happen to his kids....Valin is one of my favorites, right after Ben!!!!!

24. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    I think Corran will soon be happy his kids are on ice because that crazy Abeloth chick is coming back and will be calling her children home.

25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    What if they kill off his kids and turn him to the Dark Side?! Sounds Del Rayish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.