main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ben Skywalker Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilightjedi0622

twilightjedi0622 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 7, 2004
    I am all for Wynn Dorson taking Daala's place. He would make a good fit as he seems to be pro jedi allthouth he is a bit more coniving than her at least in this series fotj. Some of the long term plotting she has displayed in other novels (a more long term approach) seems to have been lost in this series. She is being written as being very single minded towards her disbanding of the Jedi Order and has lost her ability to take a more long term approach to the issue. As far as Ben and Luke are concerned I the the authors are doing an excelent job of showing the concern for one anothers safety as well as their trust in each others abilities especially Luke's trust in Ben. Something tells me Ben will be the key to the defeat of Abeloth and will end up being Knighted after this series.

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I agree.
    Ben's already a knight by the way and I doubt he's old enough to be a master when even Jaina isn't yet, but I totally understand the sentiment.

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I don't think they'll kill Daala, even though she might deserve it for all she's done to the Jedi. They'll probably make her step down some how through political means and then she'll go away.

4. twilightjedi0622

Aug 7, 2004
    Oops my bad I still thought Ben was considered a padawan. Considering all he has been through it only makes sense that he is a knight. I guess I have slept too much between the last series and FOTJ.

I also agree that they will not kill Daala, by disgracing her they leave an excelent character to plot revenge and become either the main antagonist or at least a secoundary antagonist for a later series. Maybe a Daala/Imperial Remnant/Mandalorian alliance of some form.

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    That's quite the alliance against just the Jedi and Republic. Don't forget the Kesheri Sith as well.

6. twilightjedi0622

Aug 7, 2004
    It just gets better and better.

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    ...sorta

8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Never a moments rest for those Skywalkers, if they're not defending the galaxy, they're taking it over. :p

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I hope Abeloth's call to her children is so strong that theHorn kids break themselves out of the carbonate.

10. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That would be a mixed blessing I would think.

11. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    really? would nt that be awesome? they literally come out of the carbonite...

12. twilightjedi0622

Aug 7, 2004
    something tells me they are coming out of the carbonite one way or another by the end of the next book what with the other jedi showing signs of recovery after Luke battled Abeloth in the last book. Something tells me Wynn Dorvan will play a role in this as well. Maybe help Daala see the light, so to speak. I am also curious as to what role Raynar may have in all of this as I never read NJO my first introduction to him was in the Killik trilogy and I like the way his character is coming back around. I also hope that Tahiri is freed but would like to see her remain a bit of a loose cannon. Working with the Jedi Order but somehow out on the fringes and not directly answering to them. Maybe loosely associated with Jaina as a source for information with Lukes knowledge but plausible deniability kind of a truth from a certain point of view type of deal.

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Tahiri and Rayner will definetly play a bigger role in this, they have to. The funny thing is that she can just leave with her Force powers. I know she's on the straight and norrow path right now but really, the only thing stopping her is herself and her need to do the right thing.

Another thing I 'd like to see is the Jedi to show the Mando's who's the ***t, because these powerful mandos are getting on my nerves. Which might be the point BTW, but I still want the Jedi to lay down the law on these over hyped characters. Luke had no fear of Boba Fett in RotJ, why do his Jedi seem to be so concerned. Kyp, Corran, Sebe, and Kyle alone should be able to own a bunch of Mandos. Sorry, there's my rant.

Ben is cool. :cool:

14. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Personally I loved the Mandalorians in the Republic Commando series, however these mandos simply aren't the same and I totally agree. Time to whip their sorry butts out of coruscant.

Ben is totally cool. :cool:

15. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Boba feet needs to die.

Ben is the coolest.

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Actually, I disagree. Boba Fett is a constant, unchanging and necessary. He is a reversed image of Han Solo and in my opinion NEEDS to be present as long as that generation of heroes and villians exist.

Cool. :cool:

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Ben is the new blood of the Jedi, we can use some new mando blood. That's just my opinion.

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Yeah, but if you haven't killed of Luke yet, I don't see how you can expect them to kill Boba.

20. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    I always get that feeling that Tahiri might die....hope she doesn't but still....

And I wonder what the Freedom Fighter's have anything to do with this...

21. zanerayhen

zanerayhen Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2008
    Yes I totally agree! Theres only so badass you can be without the Force...

I mean, sure the Mandos are a warrior culture (more or less), and they may very well train from the time they can walk, but the Jedi also train from a young age, as well as utilize the Force.

It seems to me that The Mandalorians started out as the most skilled non-force sensative warriors in the galaxy, and now they have become (unfortunately) just the most skilled warriors period... I don't know, thats just IMO...

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    You have a good point. I still think that it's not Boba's turn to go yet though.

23. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Maybe ben will dump vestara and hook up with boba's great great great great great great great granddaughter.

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    You all realize that there could be hundreds of Boba Fetts in the galaxy. He was a clone after all. :p

25. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Nurture over nature, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.