main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ben Skywalker Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    LOL, that would be an interesting thought!!!!!

2. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Their lives haven't intersected enough. I also thought Boba Fett crawling out of the sarlacc was jumping the shark.

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    So the back cover of Vortex talks about Ben and Luke being out numbered. It looks like more and more that the Jedi and these Kesheri Sith are going to have an all out war.

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I think I can guess who'll win!!!!

5. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah- the side with four fully-trained Sky-Solos. :p

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    So the back cover of Vortex talks about Ben and Luke being out numbered. It looks like more and more that the Jedi and these Kesheri Sith are going to have an all out war.

the sith have far far more numbers. realistically the jedi would have no chance in hell against them in an all out war.

7. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    They can't even make their own light sabers...

8. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Can't find a source to confirm numbers but even if the Sith outnumbered the Jedi, they have virtually no battle experience and have an incredibly inflated view of their skills, to the point where Vestara is perfectly confident she can take on Luke Skywalker. Luke even comments on their naivete in Allies, finding them very strange Sith.

Put them against the battle hardened Jedi Order, who are led by number of Jedi that have led, fought and won wars and you are looking at an easily predictable result. A bloody battle, yes, but the Jedi would prevail over these Sith, despite their numbers. I wonder if a battle between these two groups would look Apocalyptic? [face_thinking] :p

9. zanerayhen

zanerayhen Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2008
    I agree Completely. And I don't even think that the Lost tribe does outnumber the Jedi. To support a population of Billions, you have to have technology, and the only tech they had, they crash-landed with. I admit, now that they have ships, they have access to any tech they need, but it would take a while for their population to explode. Maybe if they decided to wait to attack for at least sixty years, and in the meantime bred like rabbits... I don't know, thats all just IMO..

10. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I would like to congratulate Wifflesnip. Not only does he have a totally awesome name but he makes an excellent argument! ;)

11. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    Thanks for the reply and the compliment [face_blush] But just to let you know...I'm a girl :p

12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Yeah, I thought about that right after I posted but was to lazy to edit the comment. No offense.

13. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Can u imagine the fight between Luke and the high lord?

14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    If the authors are going to kill off these Keshiri then Luke finishes him. I get the feeling though that we might not even see that. He'll probably take on Khai Sr. or the current mission leader who's name escapes me right now.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Probably. I should think that likely. They are currently in mirroring positions.

16. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    I hope he tells Ben to whup the high lord's butt as he turns his back.

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    :DI love it!

18. GenSkywalker

Aug 4, 2010
    That would be awesomeness!!!!!!!! XD

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Can't find a source to confirm numbers but even if the Sith outnumbered the Jedi, they have virtually no battle experience and have an incredibly inflated view of their skills, to the point where Vestara is perfectly confident she can take on Luke Skywalker. Luke even comments on their naivete in Allies, finding them very strange Sith.

Put them against the battle hardened Jedi Order, who are led by number of Jedi that have led, fought and won wars and you are looking at an easily predictable result. A bloody battle, yes, but the Jedi would prevail over these Sith, despite their numbers. I wonder if a battle between these two groups would look Apocalyptic?

i disagree. the sith lord that luke fought in backlash was not even the highest level sith and yet he was at kyp/katarn power level. there are a couple hundred jedi and thousands of sith. not even a close match. these sith are overinflated, but very powerful none the less. the sith have at least 13 sith lords at master power let alone the rest

20. GenSkywalker

Aug 4, 2010
    Yeah, no wonder there was some talk in Outcast about another Jedi purge....

21. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    This has very little to do with Ben but...

We have little idea how many "powerful" Sith exist. Yes, the Sith Lord Gaalan in Backlash was compared to Kyp and Kyle but let's face it, Luke could kick their collective butts (don't hurt me Katarn! [face_praying])...not to mention that Kyp and Kyle could counter Gaalan if there was an actual fight. Wouldn't it be awesome if Katarn and Kyp got a fight scene together?...:D

In contrast, it is implied in Omen that Lady Rhea (who has the same title as Gaalan) is quite powerful and well respected amongst the Sith (which means that she has earned her stripes, probably from killing any number of fellow force-users) but a weakened Luke easily defeats her in Abyss, despite acknowledging that she has Master-level skills. Plus, she dies because she underestimated her opponent and wasn't able to quickly change tactics when the rules of the battle changed. Her battle skills are conventional and predictable and therefore weak against Jedi who have been constantly forced to think outside the box, which leads us to...

Gavar Khai and Sarasu Taalon.

Gavar Khai, the equivalent of a Jedi Knight but who should be at near Master level due his age, is easily held off by Ben, a boy who is half his age and whose training has been a little patchy. Jaina, who is closer to Gavar's age, has fought 3 wars and undergone intensive combat training. She has taken down an extremely powerful Sith Lord and any number of powerful enemies. I would suspect that most Jedi in Jaina's age bracket, while not possessing Skywalker-level skill, to at least have greater skills, training and combat experience than the Sith, simply because of what they have experienced in fighting in so many wars against a diverse number of enemies.

The Sith have fought each other and that's it. Their skills are so patchy they died by the dozen while fighting deadly plants in Abyss.

Sarasu Taalon is a High Lord, very nearly at the top of the Sith hierachy and yet Luke is able to hold him off, plus Abeloth and for a moment Gavar Khai in Allies. Taalon also believes Gavar Khai to be a highly capable Sith, so either he is overestimating Khai's ability or underestimating his own. Either way, it shows that he needs to start opening his eyes a little, which I think he is beginning to do based on his little internal monologue at the end of Allies. Even Luke thinks he is a little scared now that he has seen Luke and Ben in action.

I have yet to find a source that states that there are thousands of Sith, plus with their tendency to kill each other I imagine that the tribe has undergone a few purges. As for the Jedi, The Swarm War states that there are just under 300 Jedi active but I imagine that number has fluctuated in either direction since that time [face_peace]

22. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    *standing ovation at the above marvellous argument of how the NJO would utterly monkeystomp the Tribe in a straight-up confrontation* =D=

23. CMShake

CMShake Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2010
    I only have one comment to improve on this. The Sith that team up with Luke and Ben , as I recall, were picked because they were the strongest members of their order. So it's all down hill from them.

24. CMShake

CMShake Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2010
    Edited for stupidity.

25. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm ready for the next book. Is that in December?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.