main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ben Skywalker Appreciation Party

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That would be Mara's job, Suzuki. Luke is M, Anakin Solo is Q, and Ben is Moneypenny. :p ;)

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Congratulations, Pellaeon-Firke, for getting the 100th post!

3. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    wow, 100 already?
    That's pretty cool. Ben has a large fanbase already... awesome...
    hehe

4. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
  5. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Does anyone else foresee a potential problem for Ben? He won't have anybody (that we know of) roughly his age. Isn't Jysella the youngest that we know of, and she's 10-12 years older than Ben? Who's he going to play with in his early life? :( :(

6. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    There are always the non-spoken of kids that moved around from place to place. And by the time Ben gets older, the Jedi will have recruited more children. It's generational, I believe.

7. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    I thought Myri was younger than Jysella...

Point, though. But I'm pretty sure there'll be other kids. I mean, he can find friends wherever the Skywalkers live, they don't have to be the kids of family friends.

8. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Isn't Myri Wedge's kid, therefore non-Force Sensitive?

My concern is that not enough little little kids like him.

9. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    There won't BE any little kids "like him". There may be other Force-sensitive little kids around, though.

10. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    oh, Force-sensitive.
    Why does that matter? 0.o WOuldn't it be a good thing for him to hang out with kids who can't use the Force? Then he's less likely to take it for granted... though I guess Mara will annoy him about that enough. :p

11. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Anakin, Jacen, etc. never did, and it didn't seem to hurt them.

Oh wait, it did hurt them, because now Jacen's a pompous little DLotS and Anakin's dead. :p

12. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Didn't Jaina and Jacen hang out around the lower levels of Coruscant a lot though? They had to have known other kids than just Zekk.

eh, but we probably won't know anything about Ben's friends anyway, unless their parents ARE major characters...

13. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Ben Skywalker = Sank Brew Kyle. Does that mean he'll knock over Katarn's Corellian Ale sometime in his early life? [face_thinking]

Here's a list of some of the anagrams of Ben Skywalker.

Courtesy of wordsmith.org.

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I don't think having non Force-sensitibes around would be anythihng but helpful.

15. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Because they, not having the Force, don't have to hold themselves to the same sort of moral standards that Ben does, it could tempt him to use his power the wrong way, though if he had the right type of friends it could teach him how to use the powers for the common good and respecting the "commoners."

16. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    of course he will have friends, "Timmy, remember the time you called the force a hokey religioun?"

"uh ya"

"BURN FOR IT" *Pyrokenesis"!!!!!!!!

uh... sorry had to get that out of my system, ya he should of friends, some force sensitive, maybe a couple unsensitive

17. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Are you implying that the Force makes someone live up to higher moral standards?

Are you familiar with a character named Kyp Durron?

18. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    You familiar with a character named Mara Jade Skywalker? :p

I said they should live up to a higher standard, and Kyp does, and Mara tries. :p

Seriously, anything about Kyp or Mara involving ethics should probably be in the Lit Threads.

19. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    There's a galaxy of a difference between Kyp and Mara, but, as you said, not for here. In any case, the Force isn't a prerequisite to high moral standards. Nor does it guarantee such. A Force sensitive person may have more responsibility, but morally superior to a non Force sensitive person? It depends on person to person-there's no way that you can make an accurate stereotype.

What I will say is this. The Force tends to drive people to or near to a moral extreme. Either very high moral standards or VERY, VERY low ones.

20. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    I don't think that just because someone has the Force means they have to hold themselves to a higher moral standard... it's like saying, "I can do this, I'm better than you and so I can't be friends with you."
    Anyone should try and have their own set of morals, regardless of what powers they may or may not have.

And this is a Ben thread. Not Kyp or Mara. :p

21. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Which is why we said that Kyp/Mara is a discussion for Lit, not here. I agree, djcati, that the ability to manipulate the Force isn't a moral ability as well.

22. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    So, back on the correct topic, can someone explain why it wouldn't be as beneficial for Ben to hang out with non-Force sensitives?

23. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Quoting myself:

Because they, not having the Force, don't have to hold themselves to the same sort of moral standards that Ben does, it could tempt him to use his power the wrong way, though if he had the right type of friends it could teach him how to use the powers for the common good and respecting the "commoners."

That would be one reason that it's not perfect, but yes, it's better than only being with Force-Sensitives.

24. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    True. I just think its wrong to assume that Force=morals. Many times, its the complete opposite.

25. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    he would take the force for granted, it brings to mind what one of the Solo kids said when they were still little, think it was Jacen, it was something like "but mommy, were Jedi why should we need to stay in shape", it was alittle more juvenile then that in speech, but it was something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.