main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Ben/Tahiri Relationship(s) - Thread - | Invincible Spoiler/ Big update/ New challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beniri, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Errr...Doesn't that title carry certain implications that might limit the creativity of many potential B/T fics? Or is that the point - no matter what, they would always end up together?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sure about B/T ship potential in the first place. I will admit that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they eventually spent some quality (canon) time together, and I could easily see them dating. However, at this time it's hard for me to imagine that they would naturally turn out to be soulmates. It just really doesn't seem like they would have all that much in common. Perhaps the main reason I think that is because even Ben Skywalker is no Anakin Solo, and it's tough to think about her with somebody who isn't Anakin or at least similar to him. Of course, it all comes down to characterization, and at this point anything is possible. Depending on the way things play out after LotF, B/T might actually find that they have a connection that simply hasn't been explored so far in profic.

For now, I do think it's an interesting idea that deserves the benefit of the doubt, but it's going to take some convincing in order for me to accept that this particular ship has any substantial merit.

2. Beniri

Beniri Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Thanks Ant![:D]

[quote=Jedi_Scribe]Errr...Doesn't that title carry certain implications that might limit the creativity of many potential B/T fics? Or is that the point - no matter what, they would always end up together?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sure about B/T ship potential in the first place. I will admit that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they eventually spent some quality (canon) time together, and I could easily see them dating. However, at this time it's hard for me to imagine that they would naturally turn out to be soulmates. It just really doesn't seem like they would have all that much in common. Perhaps the main reason I think that is because even Ben Skywalker is no Anakin Solo, and it's tough to think about her with somebody who isn't Anakin or at least similar to him. Of course, it all comes down to characterization, and at this point anything is possible. Depending on the way things play out after LotF, B/T might actually find that they have a connection that simply hasn't been explored so far in profic.

For now, I do think it's an interesting idea that deserves the benefit of the doubt, but it's going to take some convincing in order for me to accept that this particular ship has any substantial merit. [/quote]

Thank you Jedi_Scribe for you opinion! It is a great way to start a discussion![face_happy]

I agree, the title is weird, but I want something unusual that has to do with B/T.

Would you agree on: [b]The Ben/Tahiri Realationship(s) - Index and Discussion Thread?[/b]

I think that it is better and what I plan on changing it to! Realitionship can mean any number of things and that is what the challenge represents this month. They can be lovers, friends, Master/Apprentice, enemies. That's what I would like to discover.

As a matter of fact, here is the Tentative August challenge: [i][color=darkblue]Write a drabble of Ben/Tahiri being lovers, friends, Master/Apprentice (or Mentor), enemies, and one of your choice![/color][/i]

Here's an example of things that would be nice for our group here to explore!

[b]Lovers:[/b] They could fall in love with each other sometime in their lives. You could explore how they go around the 14 year age diffence. Or how they get around Anakin's memory, Tahiri's shaping, and Ben's minipulation by Jacen.

[b]Friends:[/b] They are both Jedi and Tahiri is close to Ben's family. This could be an intresting plot to mess with and learn about a safe relationship between the two.

Maybe they'll both turn Sith. You never know![face_devil]

[b]Master/Apprentice:[/b] If Ben get's a way from Jacen, who else? Not Luke! They, I imagine, don't get along. Who else is a rule breaker? And, if you remeber, Ben has something to do with Zonoma Sekot, where Tahiri lives(used to live?)

The books say that Ben can't be Jacen's apprentice. So maybe Tahiri will turn Sith and be Ben's Master. Heck! Tahiri could already be a Sith from the little bit profic tells us!

[b]Enimies:[/b] Jedi + Sith = enemies! Who does Ben work under? Jacen![face_angry]

One thing I would like to say about this thead is that it isn't a support thread. It is an Index and Discussion thread! You don't have to like Beniri to discuss them. If you like Benella, come on and explain your reasoning why B/T couldn't happen. Or if you like both, like I do, come on and explain. This is for a discussion. We want to EXPLORE B/T's relationship, not say "it'll happen so don't think otherwise"! As I said above, they don't have to be lovers. They just need a conection (family, master/apprentice, friends, etc.)

[b]
    Now, if some of you would please share your thoughts![/b][face_happy]

3. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Would you agree on: The Ben/Tahiri Realationship(s) - Index and Discussion Thread?

Sounds good to me.

I can see alot of potential for some interesting stories which would directly involve B/T, just not necessarily of the romantic variety, or at least not right away. Like you say, it would probably involve something having to do with Jacen/Tahiri/Vong and the consequences that occur when Ben finds out what Jacen has done. Then just let things happen from there...

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Beniri here, not under a sock.

[quote=Jedi_Scribe][i] Would you agree on: [b]The Ben/Tahiri Realationship(s) - Index and Discussion Thread?[/b] [/i]

Sounds good to me.

I can see alot of potential for some interesting stories which would directly involve B/T, just not necessarily of the romantic variety, or at least not right away. Like you say, it would probably involve something having to do with Jacen/Tahiri/Vong and the consequences that occur when Ben finds out what Jacen has done. Then just let things happen from there...
    [/quote]

Thanks for the approval on the title. I think that will be the permanant one unless a complaint comes up. Jedi-Ant? Do you like it!? Any other Ben and/or Tahiri fans, or some stranger, want to share thoughts on the title?

[b]Jedi_Scibe -[/b]

Think and remember those ideas! PLOT BUNNIES!!!!!!!! Use your bunnies or give them away in the adoption thread, or just a friend! Plot bunnies rule (until they eat you, so get rid of them through writting or adoption!)

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/8535413/p34/?1669] Plot Bunny Adoption Thread! Page 34! [/link]

Heck! Put the bunnies in this thread! I would be intrested in reading them!

5. Beniri

Beniri Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Any body want to share thoughts. It dosen't have to agree with B/T. You can explain you reasoings why it wouldn't work.

6. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    August is coming up, and we need new challeges and discusions to appear!!:)

I'll post the challege and discusion soon, so any last thoughts you would like to post for Augusust are wanted!

7. Beniri

Beniri Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    As a repeat of July, here is the current discussion!

Discussion Topic:
    What can we do to bring the idea of Ben and Tahiri relationship to light!?

I would like y'all's thoughts on the relationship of Ben and Tahiri be it friends, Master/Aprentice (I will admit, I want that one!), or lovers. Or, maybe, even enemies. I would like your all's thoughts on this!

[color=indigo] As a new challenge, we have drabbles/short stories/one-shots! [/color]

[b]August challenge:[/b]
    [color=darkblue]Write a drabble/short story/one-shot of Ben/Tahiri being lovers, friends, Master/Apprentice (or Mentor), enemies, and one of your choice![/color]

8. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006

Lets repeat!:)

9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I would like y'all's thoughts on the relationship of Ben and Tahiri be it friends, Master/Aprentice (I will admit, I want that one!), or lovers. Or, maybe, even enemies. I would like your all's thoughts on this!

I have some thoughts on this especially in light of Inferno...but I am not sure we can discuss that yet? :confused:

10. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    I'll ask the mods, but for now, put it in HTR.

11. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
  12. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Gah! I was supposed to be writing something for this index! [face_blush] [face_blush] So sorry, G__Anakin! DRL has forced me to really scale back from everything fanfic-related, I'm afraid. :( But I do have a plot bunny for a Beniri fic, and I'm looking forward to getting some time to put pen to paper. :)

Ant. ]-}

13. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
  14. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Up!!!!

Come on, people. We need some more Beniri fics :D .

15. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    agreed.

we can't let Jahiri win.

February is Beniri month?

and no one told me?

GAH!

16. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    You know what would be perfect. A full length story featuring a Ben/Tahiri/Jacen triangle and Beniri wins out in the end.

17. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    We are waiting;)

*hint, hint*

18. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm upping this thread. Apparently according to the Invincible spoilers, there lots of hints of Beniri in the book. Denning seems to be a Beniri fan. Yay [face_dancing] !!! I won't say what happens but some pretty interesting stuff transpire. Beniri might become canon and I'm really hoping it does [face_praying] .

So discuss. Let's talk Beniri. :)

19. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Really!!!!??????!!!!????

I'm going to go ask the mods if spoilers can be discussed IF it is HTR and annoucned in the title. Of course, this only counts for Beniri realated spoilers. Avoid plot if possible!

20. Beniri

Beniri Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    We can discuss all spoilers here!! :)

MAKE SURE TO HTR THEM!!! NO EXCEPTIONS![face_peace]

21. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Okay, pretty much in the book, there is a sequence where Tahiri cleans his wounds and intentionally starts to rub his hip in a suggestive manner. So she tries to sexually seduce him and Ben gets very tempted. Obviously there is some attraction and tension between the two.

22. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Yeah, I read that. I just spent the last 2 hours reading spoilers[face_beatup]

I don't think it is as bad as it seems. It at the very least makes things intresting. It is kind of worrying, however.

I really want to read that scene, and the fight scene. It's better to read it ourselves. And, nothing beats writing a fanfiction about those moments[face_thinking]

23. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I don't think it's worrying. I think it's perfectly fine and sets things up for a future Beniri relationship. I'm still convinced that she is Kol's grandmother.

24. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Whether I think it'll be fine or not depends on when I read it. You 'water-ed it down' a little and the people on the spoiler thread made it sound too bad. I'm sure it is most likely harmless.

Hopefully Beniri will get some traffic now!

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    That's the key. Always read it yourself so you can make your own judgment. Hopefully this thread does get traffic and we see a massive increase in Beniri fics. I'm going to start working on one myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.