main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bendu

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Jul 17, 2016.

1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Errr... no. He went after it with a bolt of lightning, the same thing he used to completely destroy Imperial ships (which were bigger and tougher than the Rebel ones.) The ship he did actually hit, accidentally or otherwise, got blown apart. He was out for blood with that attack.

Padme501st and theraphos like this.
  2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

Ok -- now you're not making any sense at all.

There is a huge logical gap between what you are proposing and what was seen on-screen. "Might have been an accident" ?

It's a scripted animated TV show -- there are no accidents. Anyway -- agree to disagree -- but you lost me here my man.

3. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes, could have been an accident.
    Bendu wanted to shake the ship with Kanan, using Force lightning, but because the distance was so huge, it missed Kanan ship and hit the ship near Kanan's ship.
    I think we will get more detailed explanations about these 2 episodes, on a future DVD or so, from Disney.
    Than we will know that the directors and script writers on these episodes had in their minds, that they put Bendu act like this.

4. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

Sure -- but there is not much to interpret. I do not think we will get any additional commentary - and think it was abundantly clear what happened. The Bendu spoke quite plainly to Kanan and i cannot see any reason he would care one way or the other who died -- so long as they all got the he!! off Attallon.

I'll watch the episode again tonight before I comment further.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  5. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    It is possible that Bendu for all his power and experience somehow made such a collosal cock up off things that he somehow contrived to blow up a ship entirely accidentally. But Occam's Razor says that in all probability the Bendu was trying to kill/drive off everyone from ''his'' planet via planet-scale force lightning. The only thing remotely questionable is whether he was going after rebel ships in general or simply going solely for Kanan and missed - and in either case the reason for his behaviour is simply that he is not quite the impassive, infallible sage he likes to act as.

Again, the Bendu proclaims himself COMPLETELY neutral. That means he can go after Rebels and Imperials alike with relative impunity and still remain entirely true to his character. By his own self definition he's not a good guy in any traditional sense, nor is he a bad one. He is Bendu.

episodenone likes this.
  6. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Well he is not neutral anymore, he actually sides with the Rebels.
    Not with Kanan but with the other Rebels.
    Maybe he attacks also Rebels to keep the impression of neutrality.
    He says to Thrawn that he can see his defeat and that already shows he agrees to Rebels.

Thinking of this, there is also the possibility that Bendu considers Kanan something bad for the Rebels and tries to wipe him out.
    Kanan and Syndulla almost destroyed the Rebels. But Bendu saved them.
    Kanan is not far from a Sith Lord, when he tells Ezra words to make him cocky (that Ezra is not or) and when tells that he and Syndulla and a few others have "created" the Rebels.
    Also, that discourse with "I have chosen to fight" that Kanan keeps in front of Bendu is not really according to Jedi teachings.

7. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    You keep insisting Bendu is apparently a good guy all along and that it's Kanan whose the bad guy. I literally cannot see how on earth you can seriously believe this and have no intention of trying to. Maybe this maybe that but seriously when the Bendu blows up a Rebel transport it's as clear as can be he's not on the Rebels side. End of story.

8. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

OK -- I re-watched it last night.

BUT then I read this post of yours and see that further commenting on my behalf is simply not worth it.

We all enjoy Star wars in our own way. Who am I to rain on your parade?

jakobitis89 likes this.
  9. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    I miss the Bendu, I really liked him. I would love to see him again in some media, since I feel he isn´t dead and there is still much to know about him!

Ithorians likes this.
  10. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I don't think Bendu ead because he just disappeared or did thawn really shoot him

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea the what Bendu reminds me of the Mortis episode of TCW.

TaradosGon likes this.
  12. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Am I the only one who thinks that Bendu is the Father reincarnate.
    Here is why:
    -On the Mortis mural the Father is depicted with white eyes just like the Bendu
    -Their dialogue is very similar:
    Father: A family in balance. The light and the dark.
    Bendu: Ashla and Bogan. The light and the dark.
    -Addinonal dialogue supporting this:
    Daughter: We are the ONES guarding the power. We are the beginning, the MIDDLE and the end.
    Bendu: I'm the ONE in the MIDDLE.
    - A convor which are heavily associated with the Daughter lands on his shoulder.
    -Bendu says he serves the will of the Force, while the Father said that he will let the will of the Force take shape.
    -The Ones may or may not be from Lothal which is in the same sector as Atollon.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think it more likely that the Mortis Ones were representations of their archetypes. This is why the Daughter has been paralleled with Ahsoka repeatedly, and the Son with Maul/Grand Inquisitor. The Bendu is the 'real' galaxies' manifestation of Balance, while the Father was an exaggerated Mortis equivalent.

This also fits with the Mortis arc representing a more mythic version of the saga as a whole, with the rise of the Sith recast as the Son's acting out and wanting to escape, the fall of the Jedi being linked to the death of the Daughter, and the end of the saga ending with the destruction of the Sith, and Vader finally achieving balance being linked to the death of the Son and Father.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Perhaps Bendu and the Father are different aspects of the same archetype.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they're both ancient, enlightened force users who have an understanding of the force and the universe well beyond that of the jedi and sith. That's why they're considered gods. They were in fact mortal.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree they were both mortal beings just strong with the force and also very old.

17. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Well the Father became one with the Force, so he is still alive in some form.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So did the Bendu or it at least seemed like he did.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    this comment aged poorly

20. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    How many ships did Palpatine actually destroy though? :p

The fact for all of his UNLIMITED POWER, Sheev couldn't even destroy a paltry X-Wing, which makes the Bendu's use far more impressive

21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think he destroyed the Tantive IV and killed Nien Numb, so that counts for something :(

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Potentially ironic payback, since depending on the exact mechanics of what went on when Vader chucked him down the shaft, Nien Nunb (and Lando and Wedge) may actually have killed him last time. I dunno, he might already have been dead when the DS2 was blown, but he might not. We saw a bunch of nebulous blue... stuff, fly up the shaft a few seconds after Palps went down it, but AFAIK there's never been any statement one way or the other whether that signified his death at that moment.

If it didn't kill him, then he was likely alive down in the guts of the thing somwhere, right up until it blew. Ergo Nien Nunb, Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles killed him.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the son showed the true power of force lightning, apart from him no force user has been able to shoot red lightning witch is probaly it's most powerfull. Not even Palpatine has that power. I think the vader comic had vader do it to Palpatine on his spirit walk.

24. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I don't know if this is canon any longer, but in the days of the Je'daii Order, the Bendu was the balance between the light and the dark. There was no physical manifestation. The balance was just there.

I think the Bendu, as we saw him in Rebels, was not actually a living creature, but a projection of the force. So when he "died" he didn't really become one with the force. He just ceased to exist as a force projection as he was already one with the force, and in essence the force itself. Much in the same way as the Father was the balance on Mortis.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think insome ways Bendu and the father are same. He was the the father, then the bendu.