main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index - We've Moved to Version 2.0!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yeah...I kept editing my post because I didn't think what I had made sense. And then, late at night when I was about to fall asleep, I remembered what started your plotbunny...and I had to hit my head and say :oops:

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL. That's okay. Besides, we all know that blondes look better with redheads...

3. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yes, they do.
    ;)

4. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey, would anyone like to kick around the new discussion topic suggestion?

Leia's past: If Leia hadn't been raised by the Organas would she still have been a politician and a Rebel? And what skeletons do you think might have been in Leia's closet?

5. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I don't know if Leia would have become a politician for sure, but I think that with her personality, she'd definitely want to help as many people as she could, using any means possible. That would include going into politics, if she had the opportunity. It involves a lot of "if"s.

As for the Rebellion, I think Leia would have become involved with it, even without the influence of the Organas, without living on Alderaan. Unless she was raised by Palpatine himself, I think Leia would have realized very early in life how wrong the Imperial government was.

I don't know what secrets she might have at the moment...but I'll think about it.

6. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    I think I'm pretty much in agreement with Liesl. This is such a nature vs. nurture idea. While I don't see her going into politics per se, Leia strikes me as the kind of woman who would still be what we might call an "activist" and always look for some kind of wrong to right. If there weren't a war going on and no pocket of resistance to join, I'm sure she'd devote her life to some other career with the idea of making the world around her a better place, like teaching or law. She'd always be looking for ways to change things for the better.

As for skeletons in the closet, that's sort of a hard question to answer without knowing what type of upbringing we're supposing here. Your basic nature is with you your entire life--you can't really change that--but our behaviors and actions are often a product of our environment, so without the guidance of the Organas, there are still infinite possibilites for how Leia's life could've turned out, including whatever mistakes she might've made.

7. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I was going to write a reversal story with several other writers here on the boards but DRL has kinda killed it. So I think it'd be a fun topic of discussion here. What if Bail took Luke and Obi-Wan took Leia in ROTS? How do you see the OT playing out under that scenario? [face_mischief]

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm not sure. I don't see Luke as a politician and I doubt Leia would be happy as a moisture farmer. But it would make things more interesting, to say the least.

There is a thread in the CT board about the same topic:
    What if the twins were switched at birth?

Sanjiro's reply is funny.

9. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Leia's past: If Leia hadn't been raised by the Organas would she still have been a politician and a Rebel? And what skeletons do you think might have been in Leia's closet?

Not only would she get involved with the Rebellion, but she'd work to make Tatooine a better place (assuming that she'd be raised by the Lars'). She'd help out all those poor Twi'lek female dancers and work to abolish slavery. As was said eariler, it's just a part of her nature. Becoming the polotician, however, was nurture.

You're right about that, Liesl. Sanjiro's post is hilarious.

Sajiro:I guess Leia would become a Jedi and Luke would lead the rebel alliance and fall in love with Han Solo.

[face_laugh]

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

I can't resist... I don't write H/L (Because I have trouble with Han's cahracter - he doesn't cooperate!) but I have thought a lot about what ifs for this couple.

I think that if Leia hadn't been raised by the Organas - let's take this another direction adn say that the Organas were "removed" by the Emperor because Bail became a threat and Leia became a ward of the state (an orphan for the second time [face_worried])

How would it have shaped her life? Leia's character of spirit I think comes from her parents, so I honestly don't think that her nurturing would have had a lot to do with her fundamental character. Her goodness, and base kindness are such a part of her nature, that even a harsh childhood might not touch them. I picture her as the orphan who tries to keep the bully away from the smallest boy or girl. I picture her as that girl who developed a diplomatic skill, regardless of teaching, but because of necessity, to survive and to keep everyone happy.

I think Leia was destined to be a politician.

I also think that she would have met Han regardless - they're each other's match.

As to the second part of the question about skeletons in the closet, I guess you have to ask yourself which path was she forced down if the Organas hadn't been her parents. Old friends? An illigetimate child given up for adoption? A death mark, maybe she's a world-class sharp shooter or maybe she entered a beauty pagent and won, having accidentaly revealed herself before anyone was ready.

Who knows.

Al I know is that this discussion has given me plot bunnies! ACK! Bunnies I can't write - at least about Leia, but Han... *sighs* He's far too witty for me.

11. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Funny observation: Leia's destiny hasn't generated nearly the volume of chatter as Leia's sexuality.

Hmmmm. Sex sells, I guess, lol. [face_batting]

12. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Interesting observation. [face_thinking]

Maybe it's because discussing Leia's sexualtiy inevitibly involves Han...

13. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    I suppose, then, we could always start discussing Han's sexuality... ;) [face_mischief] :D

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Let's face it, we're a bunch of sick sex-obssessed girls here... :D

Han's sexuality? OMG!

Have you ever heard that Queen song "Don't stop me now"...? It makes me think of Han and the Falcon every time I hear it... :rolleyes:

15. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Han's sexuality, hmm? [face_thinking]

Golden_Jedi, I'd never heard of "Don't Stop Me Now" before, but I looked the lyrics up and yes, some of the lyrics definitely reminded remind me of Han.

On a collision course
    I am a satellite
    I'm out of control
    I'm a sex machine ready to reload
    Like an atom bomb about to oh oh oh oh oh explode
    I'm burning through the sky yeah

It just speaks Han. :p

16. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    You forgot the "I wanna make a supersonic woman of you..."

The first DVD to go into my brand new DVD player was Queen on Fire... :D

17. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Hmmmm, I was thinking more along the lines of "Whole Lotta Love" by Zeppelin!! ;)

18. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, "Whole Lotta Love" describes Han, too. :)

19. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Yeah, that Han talking to Leia, definitely...

And speaking of Leia, here is her song...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Words and music by Freddie Mercury - italics are mine

This thing called love
    I just can't handle it
    This thing called love
    I must get round to it
    I ain't ready
    Crazy little thing called love
    There goes my baby
    She (he) knows how to Rock'n'Roll
    She (he)drives my crazy
    She (he)gives me hot and cold fever
    Then she (he) leaves me in a cool cool sweat
    I gotta be cool relax get hip!
    Get on my track's
    Take a back seat, Hitch hike
    And take a long ride on my motor bike (in the Falcon)
    Until I'm ready
    Crazy little thing called love

20. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I was listening to a song and it sounded like Han's thoughts to me. "Brighter Than Sunshine" by Aqualung. Anyway, I'm working on writing a songfic to it, but here are some of the lyrics.

I never understood before
    I never knew what love was for
    My heart was broke, my head was sore
    What a feeling

Tied up in ancient history
    I didn?t believe in destiny
    I look up you're standing next to me
    What a feeling

What a feeling in my soul
    Love burns brighter than sunshine
    Brighter than sunshine
    Let the rain fall, I don't care
    I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
    Suddenly you're mine
    And it's brighter than sunshine

I never saw it happening
    I'd given up and given in
    I just couldn't take the hurt again
    What a feeling

I didn't have the strength to fight
    Suddenly you seemed so right
    Me and you
    What a feeling

21. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey, are we getting a January challenge soon? Yeah, I know, I'm antsy...

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I don't know if there's a challenge every month, but I hope there's one for January. :)

23. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs and grins*

Ladies and Gents, let me introdue myself.

My name is Anne, you can call me Jade_Max, Jade or Anne (I respond any way) and I've offered to help LadyPadme with the index. Currently we're working on getting you guys a challenge for January and a massive update since the last time the index was updated.

Please, have patience, we're looking at a update for sometime mid-January, and hopefully a challenge before that.

On that note....

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and is doing well in this fledgeling 2006!

24. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Hi, Anne (I'm going to go with Anne since it's easiest for me to remember :p).

Looking forward to a new challenge...

25. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Hi, Jade_Max! :)

Do you want us to send our fics data for the Index actualization?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.