main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index - We've Moved to Version 2.0!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

LOL - I did it . . . go over to The Saga Board if ya want to see the train wreck that is the challenge response :p

Actually this was a lot of fun. :D

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee...I could see your ending a mile off because you're rish.

3. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    IrishEyedJediYou did a great job. I'm not even gonna tackle that one!!!!

4. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Poe - What can I say . . . I'm a mushy ending type of person. [face_batting]

Kimmi - Thank you! :D

Ok - who else is going to tackle this puppy?

5. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I had an idea and started to write it...but haven't had the time to finish it yet. [face_blush]

6. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004

Still working on mine...[face_thinking]

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    hmmm. I don't think I'm touching this one. It's WAY too hard! :eek:

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

PonyTricks: What do you mean it's too hard? How could it be too hard for YOU??? :eek:

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! So true! Especially with some of those plot bunnies you come up with. ;)

10. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! All those requirements don't leave too much wiggle-room! :p I'm having a hard time thinking of something that would be significantly different than what IEJ came up with, and hers was just about perfect. :D

HanSolo29- LOL! So true! Especially with some of those plot bunnies you come up with- hehe. Thank you! :D

And a Public Thank YOU is in order for agreeing to illustrate my story "Endless Night" in I Don't Care What You Smell. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for you doing that, HanSolo29! THANK YOU! :D

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, PT, you're too nice. [face_blush] Thank you! Like I said, it was truly the honor to be asked to do something like this. I really appreciate this opportunity.

Once again, thank you! [:D]

12. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I'm having a hard time thinking of something that would be significantly different than what IEJ came up with, and hers was just about perfect.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Awww shucks thanks PT, coming from you that means a lot. BUT!! You have to write something for the challenge!!! If you could write about Leia being a genie, Luke and Han switching bodies, Han being kidnapped by Vader and saying "ain't" almost every other word, and a freaky Halloween viggie that gave me goose bumps . . . then you can totally write this. Piece of cake ;)

13. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    *sighs* Okay... here is my entry... and it's really dumb, too! 8-}

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23362727&brd=10477&replies=1

14. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005
    We knew you could do it PT. ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! [face_good_luck]

15. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Thanks, IEJ! :D

Oh... just for us H/L fans amusement... here is a review I received over at that OTHER site for Son of the Emperor.

I really, really need other people to read this! ;)

-------------

GreatOne,

The following review has been submitted to: Son of the Emperor Chapter:

From: Lelila Solo ( http://www.fanfiction.net/u/936748/ )
    Reply URL:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/review_pm.php?reviewid=39452651
    -------------------

I am one of those die-hard SW fans you mention in your profile. I am
    throughly disgusted that even the thought of Han being the Emperor's son
    would even surface in one's mind. I won't even read this piece of crap.
    It is totally insulting to Star Wars and those of you who like it need
    some serious help!

-------------

Nice, huh?

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Why can't people just play nice and if they don't have something nice to say, just keep off the keyboard? *sighs* stupid people, no account for taste *shrug*

17. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I say we all go over there and leave stunning reviews just to spite her. ;)

[face_good_luck]

18. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! I've had a rough week, reviewer-wise! I guess I'm starting to get paranoid! [face_laugh]

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ehh, that was harsh. I never could understand why some people make it their mission to put down others like that. I mean, it's fine if they don't like the idea and don't want to read it, but why even bother submitting a review if they didn't even give it a chance? You can't please everyone, but still.

On a happier note - loved your submission to the challenge, PT! :D

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm going to go over there and write a multi-lingual rave about it so people can understnad that the person is an idiot in many different forms...

21. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You guys are soooo funny! I'm feeling much better now, thanks! :D

The funny part about that flame was the fact that that story was based on a challenge over here. Remember when you submitted your name and a challenge, and the mods then gave you someone's challenge, and they gave someone your challenge? Well, I got a challenge to make Han the son of Palpatine, and to make Han kill Chewie and go to the darkside. Because I'm such a huge Han fan, I sorta cheated, too! [face_laugh]

22. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I already commented about that story, I'd read it before I joined up, and never realized that I didn't review it. I loved it, it was meant in good fun, and if that idiot had actually opened up to read it, she would have realized it, too, if she had any sense. Personally, I don't think one should post a review of a story they never read, it's ignorant (and that's being nice!).

You have a ton of supporters here, PT! I liked your response to the March Challenge. Your latest story was also very good, and I'm glad you finished it on ffn. Keep on writing! [:D]

23. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    As I said over at the Playground, I think this person has some serious growing up to do. What's so hard about not reading a story if the summary doesn't interest you? Jeez! :oops: o_O :rolleyes:

24. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Okay, I finally finished my challenge response. It's over at ]The Saga

25. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! The responces for this challenge are hilariously wonderful!

Such agreat writing comes from this group.

A Question before I get to work on the Index stuff - like recording stories for this month...

When we present you guys with challenges, do you want one-line challenges, or do you prefer the harder stuff where we've got 5 or 6 requirements? Or a mix. Say one month a simplex, one line challenge, and then every other month do a harder one.

Or maybe just do a harder one when there's a holiday happening to get the creative juices flowing? Or are easier ones better for the busy holidays?

Feedback is appreciated; makes the challenges more entertaining!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.