main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bespin Cafe - The Han/Leia Fanfic Index - We've Moved to Version 2.0!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I think the hard stuff works better for the holidays, because we're taking our own culture and putting an SW twist on it, thus coming up with some really funny veggies.

I don't think I could do these type of challenges every month I might pass out. lol

But that's just me . . . and I could be 8-}

2. Aquarius_1977

Aquarius_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    For me, the challenges wiith lots of requirements are kind of hard, especially when they're high on the absurdity scale, because it's harder to do something that's in-character and not contrived. But that's just me, and not just here, because I've found that at other sites, too. At my site, I've found we get the best results when we just give one or two details to be worked in, and maybe throw something technical in to challenge our writing skills (must be first person, cannot use a certain word, etc.).

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hmmm... I see the points both of you have...

Better to keep it simple and have the characters -in character- than make it absurd or difficult to make them not Han and Leia anymore...

4. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Is any one else having trouble with the boards tonight? Pages are loading very slow for me, and they're incomplete (no avatars, no fancy border pics, etc).

5. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

I'm having the same problem . . . the boards are acting funny.

As far as the challenges go - I think the really specific ones like this past March one is good every once in a while. Just to keep us on our toes. Like I said before I think they work great for holidays, just not every month.

6. Aquarius_1977

Oct 18, 2004
    Another idea is if we have lots of requirements, maybe make it something like "Pick any two of the following..." or something. Multiple choice, and let the author run with it.

Are we doing one for April by any chance?

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Perhaps one that's generically spring-related?

8. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Or an April Fools where Leia or Han pulls a prank on the other ;) :p

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee... Now I've got a plot bunny for Beyond the Saga...

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yes, there will be one for April... I've just been super busy, and DRL is kidnapping me like mad.

soooo....

I doubt I'll be able to update until at the very earliest this weekend - latest, Monday night. So look for it this weekend or early next week :)

11. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok Ladies and Gents, We're currently working on a Re-vamp of the index - and we're starting in a new thread to boot so we have the space we'll need.

So the New Bespin Café is Version 2.0 which means we're going to be locking this thread and asking everyone to head over to the other one!

Hope you like it - drop Lady Padme a note and tell her how much you like her new buttons!

Update is completed.

Locking this thread so that the new one will thrive! Thanks everyone ;)[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.