main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The best ending and beginning of the PT is...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dark_jedi_invader, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark_jedi_invader

dark_jedi_invader Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2005
    like in the OT, this is for you to choose the best end and begin, choose from this:

the phantom menace: obi wan and qui gon arrive to the trade federation ship.
    the obi wan and yoda scene,the funeral,and the peace party.

attack of the clones:the attemp to the senator amidala life.
    the scene with yoda, mace and obi wan (no victory), the clone march and the wedding.

revenge of the sith:the battle above corouscant
    darth vader and the emperor see the death star and the twins scenes.

i liked more the revenge of the sith beginning but the aotc end is the best.

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I agree...AOTC's ending was awessome, but I didn't like the ROTS beginning. Not the fight anyway. Teh rescue of Palpatine was GREAT!

3. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Aotc's ending was really, really cool because that's
    the first time we get to see the empire being forged,
    but I gotta give the nod to Rots for its touching and emotional
    goodbye.

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Best begginning is ROTS by far. Then would come AOTC becasue the scene pans up. Last would be TPM. It was not all that great. As for the best endings. Well I would have to go with AOTC first becasue it is showing where the Republic is going. Then would come ROTS because we see what happens with Anakin/Vader, Padme, Luke, Obi-won, and Leia.

5. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    ROTS and ROTS. ;)

6. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
  7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'd like to say AOTC but I was bawling my eyes out at the end of ROTS.

8. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    They were all great but I really like AOTC, seeing all of those clones marching and Yoda's talk with Windu and Kenobi.

They all have their strong points though .

9. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    ENDING:
    AotC, 'cause the other endings kinda sucked.

BEGINNING:
    Too hard to decide. I loved seeing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, pristine examples of Jedi on the Trade Fed. ship. But my favourite part about RoTS was that space battle...
    *HEAD A SPLODE*

10. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    Best ending: ROTS. Best Beginning: ROTS. Best Movie: ROTS.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    AotC had the runaway best ending, quite possibly the best of the saga. RotS, I believe, had the best beginning. Though I was pretty fond of the AotC beginning, too. Such great shock value, between the pan up and then the ship's explosion.

-Paul

12. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Attack of the Clones best beginning. i actually thought Padme was seriously injured, maybe even dead. I know, silly thought, but true.

Revenge of the Sith best ending. Period.

13. Master_Sol_Xabidarra

Master_Sol_Xabidarra Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    I have to say that the best beginning is in "Phantom" when after 16 years we see the beginning of a new Star Wars movie. Even now after having been six years since seeing TPM for the first time I still get chills at the beginning of the movie. All of my expectations began to be fulfilled as soon as the Fox and Lucasfilm logos began, revealing the familiar titles we all love. Also the first couple of minutes of the movie were the best, especially when Obi and Qui cut down the battle droids with the Star Wars theme playing in the background. Ahhh. Though of course "Clones" is the only one where the screen moves UP instead of DOWN after the Main Title.

Best ending is the ending of "Sith." Beginning with Padme's funeral and ending with Luke arriving at the LArs Homestead, this scene kept me staring and emotional. It was done so perfectly and beautifully, especially when the shot of Padme's casket shows all the flowers in her hair and the japor snippet that seemed irrelevant in TPM. Then of course cutting to Vader on the Star Destroyer with the Emperor and Tarkin. I love how the Force theme diminishes into the Imperial March as Vader crosses his arms. The Alderaan scene with Leia, Bail and Queen Breha was also awesome as we truly see Alderaan for the first and only time as well as some background into LEia's early years. Of course, no ending could beat the scene on Tatooine, especially once Luke's theme began playing briefly, leading into the Force theme as Obi-Wan leaves Luke with his family and rides off into the desert with an eoie - the same type of creature his Master had once ridden - as Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru with Luke gaze into the twin sunset.

I almost burst in tears as I thought, "wow! Star Wars ends almost as it began! This is the perfect end to my childhood and a brilliant way of ending the saga!" Then "...wow, its over. No more movies......IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!"

At risk of getting flamed, this is the only Star Wars ending I have ever felt the need to cry and I loved it.

-Master Xabidarra

14. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Brilliant answer, Master_Sol_Xabidarra, and I agree with you completely.

I also think The Phantom Menace has the best ending as well, because it's not too entirely sad. Yes, we have the death of Qui-Gon, but we only knew him through one movie, so it's not as emotional as the death of Padmé. Revenge of the Sith is just so dark and depressing. I loved the movie and all, but it's such a downer.

Yeah, I love the happy ending of TPM the best.

15. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    The best beginning was definetley the one from ROTS
    The best ending was AOTC's

16. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Beginning
    ROTS: the opening shots with the force theme are just so exciting

Ending
    AOTC: best ending of the saga, everything is perfect about the ending: the music, the visuals, the mood, the colours...

17. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    Best Opening
    Revenge of the Sith
    -This is the best opening in entire saga. Period.

Best Ending
    Attack of the Clones
    -Beautiful "secret" wedding with nothing but the emotional score and surreal backdrop supporting it. Additionally, the Imperial March and the thousands of clone troopers all in formation is a great sight to behold.

18. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Best Beginning: The Phantom Menace...I love seeing the "mysterious" looking men covered in robes and then they remove their hoods and it is is Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I love that the first line is spoken by Obi-Wan - "I have a bad feeling about this" - talk about foreshadowing!

Best Ending: Revenge of the Sith...so sad but yet just so right. The scene with Luke on Tatooine and seeing Vader again. Just so "Star Wars!"

19. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Best Begginning-ROTS, That cool drum beat, then the two ships flying around with that song laying faintly, then they dive down to reveal a huge battle.

Best Ending-AOTC, this one is awesome. The discussions in the Temple, Palps watching the clones with the music that builds up and turns into The Imperial March, then the wedding with accross the stars. Brilliant.

20. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    What a suprise, now everybody loves AOTC. It took long enough.

21. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    lol. I guess just most of the bashers like it because its the end.

22. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Best Beginning: The Battle of Coruscant in Episode III. Just spectacular.
    Best Ending: The Wedding at the end of Episode II. Actually, it's my favorite ending of the entire series.

23. paul01

paul01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Beginning ROTS The Battle of Coruscant-Great Stuff

Ending ROTS The whole montage then Obi Wan/Beru/Owen/Baby Luke the twin sunsets-Great stuff!

24. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Best beginning: RotS. I love the drums and shot of the Venator cruiser over Coruscant at the very beginning.

Best ending: AotC. This narrowly beats RotS, and is tied with ESB for best overall. I just love the shot of Coruscant from space as Dooku enters, the camaraderie between the bad guys, the uneasiness of the heroes, Palpatine's plan in motion, and the secret wedding ceremony.

25. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    best beginning hhmm between TPM and ROTS...in TPM u see 2 jedi u never have seen QGJ and a young OBK they take out half a dozen droids rather quickly, then we see the lightsaber used very differently...ROTS hhmm what can i say NON STOP ACTION cant decide a TIE

best ending all three were great in TPM the celebration then the whole "was the master or the apprentice killed", in AOTC when u see all the clone troopers marching and the imperial march is played showing the beginning of the empire gave me goosebumps the first time i saw that. and ROTS the 2 sith watching the death star then OBK delivering the baby and the two suns setting. i say on pure emotion AOTC got me more than ROTS...dont get me wrong ROTS ending was great and it also gave me some goosebumps when they show the 2 suns setting, but AOTC WINS IN ENDINGS for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.