main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL The best evening to have a fan force dinner

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Mar 23, 2004.

?

The best evening to have a fan force dinner

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Sunday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Monday

11.1%
  3. Tuesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wednesday

22.2%
  5. Thursday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Friday

44.4%
  7. Saturday

11.1%
  8. I don't plan to go

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok how about Monday May 17th at 8:00pm

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Can we do Tuesday May 18th instead around 7pm? I do Aikido now on Monday, Weds. and Fridays. Tuesday would be awesome! OR what do we think of combining this on a Friday or Saturday night and eating over at disney? I get 50% off if we eat at a few of the hotel restaurants. I could send a list. Kill 2 mynocs with 1 bolt!

Melanie

3. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Ok then... how about april 27th at 8:00 at a disney hotel?

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Despite the fact that I'm fairly certain that TV is broadcasting that night, I'd love to do dinner this Tuesday. Anybody in addition to Ia game? -Campbell

ps- "2 mynocks with one bolt." Mmm, geeky. You spake my language.

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok, count me in this Tuesday. So - Ia, Campbell, me? Any other takers?
    And where are we going to go on this little outing?

I don't know what I spake but I do speak your language once and awhile. Just maybe not as fluent as the rest of you.

Melanie

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If it's to be Disney I'll defer to the more knowledgeable, but how about Boma. If we want something a bit more central, but similarly adventuresome, perhaps Garden Cafe?

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"

7. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I can't do dinner this Tuesday, since I'm working late. Oh well.

L8r

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Why is the date changing? I thought it was going to be Wednesday 12 at 8pm? Why is the date so dictatorially moving around? Ia didn't you wanna eat alone that night? What was the point in having a damn poll if you are going to pick a random date that suits your schedule and selfish wants? Why is it not being held on a Friday night that was the most voted day of the week?

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    We sometimes need to be flexible & Ia won't be eating alone because Campbell & I are going. Of course, the more the merrier. Ia, is Aaron going? I say the majority rules but she has the veto. We did vote for her to be our "leader", so why do we have a problem when she tries to lead? Is it she's a woman and is showing some initiative? If she didn't push, then who would? Anyone else want to be in charge of this group and try to get them to cooperate? Truly, do you think you'd do a better job or care half as much as she does? Then next "term", enter your name.
    It's easier to complain and critize then to be constructive and supportive.
    Didn't mean to be so righteous but I'm just tired of some of the negativity.
    Now, for the dinner, in my 1 cent opinion, I'd like to suggest, since Ia lives on the other side of Orlando from Disney, we look in Downtown Orlando or Winter Park as a "half way" point.
    I'm sorry to hear some of the rest of us can't go but we all have busy lives and can't do every event. Maybe we can do more than one dinner?

Melanie

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    You don't understand my argument... why set up a poll to vote for a day and crap on it when it doesn't fit her schedule? I could understand if there had been no poll and no concensus- sure her picking A date- meaning singular date- not just random dates she arbitrally chooses that fits her life. Some people have other things they do with there time, schedules they live by and activities they do that are scheduled around other things. Her first arbitrary date would have made her- from everyone elses coomments- the lone person out to eat- so she has changed the date like 3 or 4 more times! What day is it? How many more times will it be changed around? If she is the leader of this group- pick a day and stick with it.

11. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    This thread has become pathetic. I almost have to agree with James. Everyone, go back and re-read all the posts; it is all rather funny how many times the date has changed.

I am guessing that there will be no dinner, and, if there is, only one or two people will show up.

Sigh.

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I assumed it was that she was trying to come up with a date that might actually work. The dinner started as my idea, both because these Saturday meetings are difficult for me to get off (I know I'm in the minority) and because the meal after a meeting has become as interesting as the meeting. I agree that since the majority of the group has standard M-F jobs that a weekday meet-up probably won't thrive, but I'm planning on trekking to this one because it's the first we've had that I'm not having to fight for (for time off). I also agree that polling people for this wasn't a success because we have such varied work, play, and tv schedules.

13. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    May 12th, May 18th, and now April 27th. I find it funny that it was decided that the dinner would replace the May meeting and now it's not even happening in May. :p

L8r

14. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    boma, thats at animal kingdom lodge right?

sounds cool...

how about we meet at animal kingdom lodge at a certain time.... who wants to make reservations? for 8pm... my friends christie and spencer will go... not sure about aaron yet

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The dinner is here, and it will be a small party, but all hands are invited. We'll be meeting at 6:30 (just two hours from now) at the Animal Kingdom's Lodge restaurant, BOMA. The definite's are only Melanie, Ia, and Campbell. We're reserved under the name of "Evans."

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I say cancel the dinner! All in favor say 'Aye'!

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Nay! That's a good trick.

It was a fine shakedown meal. No holes and the boat stayed afloat. It was only Ia, Melanie, and I but a good time was had by... well, me. I hope they had a good time, but of course my happiness comes first, and it was a success on that count. It was my first meal at Boma, and most certainly not the last. A great selection of exotic foods, knowledgeable staff, and unique surroundings.

As a parallel to the entire plan each of us invited 1-3 out-System friends and not a one showed. Comments lower in this thread notwithstanding, it was all good. If anybody gives a week or two notice and wants to have an outing on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, chances are good that I'm going to show up.

After a long, and very filling buffet dinner filled with many dishes I'd never sampled prior, and a short stroll around the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we made a trek to Downtown Disney. For those that didn't make it, I wish you'd been there. For those of you who did make it, thanks for an enjoyable evening out. -Campbell

18. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Sounds like a good time. I wish I didn't work Tuesday nights.

19. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think it is logical to deduce that not everyone will be able to go this Fanforce dinner- whenever the time and date stops bouncing around. It is also logical to assume that it may make the most sense to try and hold it on a day and at a time everyone can attend at. We can not try and appease a small group of people over a majority. I mean we could and eventually people will become miffed with this and stop attending Fanforce meetings, why do we want that? Maybe we should start from scratch on this- figure out who is intrested in doing this- see what days and times they can attend and work from there?

Humbly in service to the Republic,

Ruckus

20. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Youre right not everyone went only three people. Didnt you read the posts above? The dinner already happened and is over with. Now if you want to plan another one that probably no one will attend, then by all means do so. Otherwise this topic needs to end.

Dale

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    No... actuallity it doesn't. You the new CR? No I didn't pay a lot of attention to the previous posts by Ia- It looked like that was another random date and the April 27th? with the question mark next to it looked like a question and not a - this is the date it will be definately.

22. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    No Im not the new CR, but you keep crying about a dinner that already happened, and probably not too many people cared if you were there or not. Just get over it.

23. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I posted what I did based on a incorrect assumption on what I read. I apologize for not reading everything clearer- I gather you didn't read my post- I thought I made it clear what I posted was by mistake- so to make it easier for you to get- I posted after the dinner by mistake because I thought she was asking as a question April 27th- and not making a statement saying it was April 27th. Not to waste anymore of everyones time- Dale if you still don't understand what I am saying please PM and I will take more time to explain this all to you so it is clear, okay? Anyways I had no intention of going to the dinner unless it was on like a Friday or Saturday nite- normal days for such a event.

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Wait a sec, James. You've had no intention of joining a dinner and you've posted all over the place? What gives?

25. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Are you people blind or what-- I said... look above...

I had no intention of going to a dinner unless it was on a Friday or Saturday night.

I am getting an ulcer from you people who wanna attack me because you are to lackadaisical to read what is written. Yeah that word is a little nicer now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.