main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The best JC meltdowners (SLG and SJ joint victory)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Aug 1, 2014.

?

1. Harpua

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Lord Vivec

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Strilo

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. SLG

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. Ender Sai

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. DantheOverlord

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. JointheSchwartz

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Other (post below)

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't know if he ever had a "melt-down" but looking back at the one-man campaign Sapient carried out to get himself promoted to MS in the first place, it's pretty clear he was quite a strange character... ;)

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    As mentioned, I think the best one was based on the following:

"Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian."

And speaking of Lit, it was the best for meltdowns. The closest I myself ever came to being banned involved a different EU author, a leaked non-published script, and how he didn't take kindly to criticism of anything he wrote, despite actively participating in the forum as long as people were praising his work. Such fickle, fickle authors.

Now, for the contra-award to this thread is Jan Duursema. She was always the best. If every EU-related artist was like her, the EU would have been a million times better.

And I'd second who E_S brought up as well.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Sapient was a great historian of the 2SA and 3SA. It's too bad about his e-rape.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Amateur. It was a lot harder with restrictive software. Though I still remember the day every AOL user was banned from the boards.

It was Christmas Eve. I did the present opening stuff with the family and then when I got back online before Xmas lunch everything had hit the fan because DarthStupid decided to demote and ban Carter in return, which got staff members involved..... The only light spot was the conversation PadmeBra and I had trying to sort out how to clean it up and what meds people were/weren't taking.

Taydon had quite the spectacular meltdowns at times. Which was a shame because when he wasn't on anything he was one of the smarter JCers I used to chat with over IMs.

Many, but either in MS, or over PMs. There were a couple in Comms that ended with interesting contortion acts. And of course none were instigated by baiting from former mods/head admins......

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Pssh, never. Perish the thought.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Dingo wasn't the AOL bannage a result of a person accidentally hitting the IP ban instead of going for the banning of one specific user?

7. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Although the best reaction I got was calling an imbecilic decision exactly that. DA, Dagsy and I got near identical PMs within minutes of each other. Great way to waste a Sunday afternoon.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm trying to remember the AOL IP ban, because I think it was when I was around -- which usually means, like at a poker table, if you can't spot the fish... you're probably the fish.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    a) Never let the details get in the way of a good story;
    b) It was sort of, they were trying to get a troll that was creating new accounts so attempted to ban the end range of IPs to slow them down, not realising it was an AOL dynamic IP address set.

And no David, it wasn't you. It was before your time.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

[​IMG]

G-FETT likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Someone then definitely IP Banned AOL again when I was there... :p

Also... timey wimey, wibbly wobbly... mod stuff...

mavjade and Juliet316 like this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    bithy never really had a meltdown. she left the boards because of something she believed strongly in and put a link in her sig and bio to the new board that she created. it was pretty far from a meltdown. she was really cool and a friend so i just felt i should say something.

jp-30, Debo, hudzu and 3 others like this.
  13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    When I first started looking at the Boards I was absolutely terrified of the mods.

Chyren scared the daylights out of me, LOL! [face_laugh]

GreenCrossCode was always very kind to me though. Silmarillion was cool as well.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There was this one mod, Kadue or something. He tricked me with a type of "Excalibur-test" with a survey.

And then next thing I know I'm roped into five years of servitude...

15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I am sure Bib Fortuna Twi'lek had the greatest meltdown away from the boards once he realized he was banned.

16. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Ironically, it didn't slow down his post count though. Probably increased it...

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's so bizarre who's been permanently banned and who's been let back. All Bib did was spam and correct people in those stupid line-by-line threads, right?

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    What about the groups that got their start on the Jcc? Didn't they leave in a massive meltdown when a few souls got slighted by the majority.
    I also remember back in 03-05 having to read late night cat fights that lasted a page or two before someone got banned.

19. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    He was addicted to spamming and not having any sort of conversation with people.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Naturally given the subject of this here thread, I got to thinking of the meltdown I had here (and elsewhere) back in '08. For those who know what I'm talking about, this post isn't a pity party, but rather an explanation for those who don't know what I'm talking about, etc.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/this-is-the-first-and-now-probably-the-last-damn-day-ill-be-here.28139721/]Click[/url] here for a trip down to crazy land

[​IMG]

Now that's a meltdown... literally. :p A 3-day nervous breakdown I had (spanning from 2/28/08-3/1/08), with that thread/post occurring amid the breakdown's "first act". I'm certain there were other examples of my loony behavior from around here from that time, but that's the best, most theatrical example. Most of the rest of said meltdown took place elsewhere.

21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Your meltdown belonged in the first world problem thread.

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    There wasn't one then.

:p

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The first world was actually problem free until mid-2011, and then everything went to ****.

24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Tunes, Beez just zinged ya good.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  25. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I remember that! I was in the modsquad when all that went down. The discussion on the mod board was epic between PB, Chyren, Jasman, Darth Ludicrous, Vertical, and me. If I remember right, YODAtheAllPowerful & Josh Griffin stepped in and brought everything back to balance. It was intense, man. Dark times....