main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The BEST movie you've NEVER seen...

Discussion in 'Community' started by JangoMike, Jun 28, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    People keep raving about this Game of Thrones moving picture (on television), sometimes telling me "Armen, you'd love it! WATCH IT!"

2. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Seriously missing out. :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Silence of the Lambs.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    You people disgust me.

MrZAP, JUKE-SKYWALKER, jp-30 and 2 others like this.
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's not a particularly great or insightful parody. It had a few good gags, but that's about it.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Some pretty shocking ones here so far. Particularly Raiders of the Lost Ark and Back to the Future, which honestly surprise me more than films like Gone with the Wind and The Godfather.

Using the AFI list... wow, I haven't seen a lot of these (Did a quick count and got 28/100). The highest ranked film I've seen is #5 (1998 ranking), Lawrence of Arabia. I find it ironic that a film that clocks in at nearly 4 hours was directed by a man named David Lean.

7. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I liked Lawrence of Arabia! I hope those who haven't seen it get around to seeing it. Its a great film and Alec Guiness is brilliant in it!!!

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    How have several people here not seen Indy? WTF. It's the weekend, get on that.

The big one for me is Lawrence of Arabia. I own it, I have seen many Lean films, at least a dozen Alec Guinness films, I've read about the real Lawrence... yet somehow I still haven't seen this film.

The other big one is probably 2001. Ditto the same things above because I've seen tons of Kubrick.

You're confusing best with worse. The only funny scene is the "just now" one..otherwise it's literally about as funny as a 12 year old's YouTube video.

Chancellor_Ewok likes this.
  9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Galaxy Quest is better.

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I border on being a Mel Brooks apologist, but Spaceballs is what really kicks of his unfortunate post-History of the World Part I career. It's painfully unfunny, and usually people only like a scene or two owing mostly to circumstances similar to aiming a shotgun at a fly.

And don't even get me started on the TV show.

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  11. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I've pretty much seen all the great English-speaking films (excluding musicals, which generally aren't my thing), but there a number of foreign masterpieces I have yet to experience.

Bergman's Shame, for instance. I understand it's one of his best films, a searing anti-war meditation.

On edit: Anyone who hasn't seen the first two Godfather films needs to log off right now and atone for their sins.

12. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I haven't seen the 2nd ghost rider movie

I've seen ever movie better than it though

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I googled the top movies of all time. Those I have not seen that stand out:

Casablanca

Rear Window

Life Is Beautiful

Django Unchained

Vertigo

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Lion King

Some Like It Hot

Scarface

The Big Lebowski

The Grapes Of Wrath

Stand By Me

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You haven't seen To Kill a Mockingbird?! Go find it and watch it. Now!

MrZAP likes this.
  15. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003

You are not missing much. Tarantino has become a mediocre cliche of himself. I swore that I was never going to watch another one of his films again after Inglorious, however, I saw Django and was sorely disappointed...

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It's a movie I appreciated more than enjoyed. I definitely think it should be on everyone's "To watch list" regardless.

17. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003

Agreed! Most def should be on anyones watch list....

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Happy to say I've seen most of the films that many of you haven't seen. I said to myself that If I got Netflix I was gonna use it to watch as many classic, cult classic, horribly great, Award and Nominated films as possibel. Four years of work paid off. Going by what I've seen so far, and I've only scanned some of your comments, I'll say that the film that many of you have not scene are indeed must watches.

I have yet to see Being John Malkovich, so I need to add that to my list. Other than that according to my Netflix que, and films that I just hear about get included at the spur of a moment, so this is not a final list of the movies I must watch..

1. Suspira
    2. Pink Flamingos(heard a lot about this one)
    3. Manchurian Candidate.
    4. Ed Wood
    5. Barry Lyndon(my final Kubrick film)
    6.We Need to Talk about Kevin
    7.Eraserhead
    8. Easy Rider
    9. Do the Right Thing

Still have a long way to go I'm sure, but that list at one time was at about 50 something at any given time.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    DarthMane2 WATCH. ED. WOOD. NOW. AND THEN WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, 'CAUSE THAT ONE'S PRETTY GOOD AND THE ONLY OTHER ONE I RECOGNISE FROM YOUR LIST THERE, AS WELL AS EASY RIDER.

SORRY ABOUT ALL THE CAPS, I'M LAZY.

But yeah, I've been trying to do the same thing since about 2010, and have managed to watch a lot of classics and other must-sees.

Adam of Nuchtern and MrZAP like this.
  20. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I agree with Todd. Watch Ed Wood. Now. Now..

Martin Landau seriously puts in one of my favorite performances ever, and it's the only film where I think Depp really shines.

EDIT: Also, fantastic avatar. You managed to pick another of my favorite performances.:D

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

:eek:

How have you not seen The Lion King?

Or Casablanca for that matter?

:confused:

I second solojones. Being a member of this board and never having seen Raiders is completely inexcusable.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    aside from the fact that i think you're totally wrong, it really makes no sense to hate someone so much that you swear off their films and then go on to be surprised or disappointed when they make another film that you think is bad. unless you meant you were disappointed in yourself for going back on your promise.

23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Indeed, Fonda was excellent. It's also, as of now, my favorite film, and has been for the last 4 years.

24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    It's not my favorite, but definitely in my top 10. I just [face_love] Morricone in... well, everything, really. But you can't get better than Man With the Harmonica for a film track.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  25. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    According to the Sight and Sound poll(which I think is proper to use here) the best movie I have never seen is 'Tokyo Story'