Chic, IL The best of all

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Slave_I_07, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_I_07 Jedi Youngling

Who here thinks Episode III will be the strongest of all the movies. Who thinks it will be the strongest of the prequels. I want to know what you think. Or do you think it will be a complete disappointment, which I don't think it will be.

328 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes, and 30 seconds
  2. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You, sir, speak with the optimism of someone who hasn't seen a Star Wars film on screen since 1996.

Personally, I have a bad feeling about this...
  3. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    And you, sir, speak with the pessimism of a person who hasn't been a kid since 1983.
  4. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i think its gonna suck big time. way too many loose ends to tie up and already we have absurd CGI characters like that stupid droid thing.

ugh...thank god this series will finally end.
  5. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sithy = according to my wife, I am still 9 years old (or at least act like it).

I'm sorry, but Lucas really has traded good movie making for flashy computer-generation. And what about everyone buy Christopher Lee acting like they have a board up their bum?
  6. flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Im actually really scared. If it sucks, then Ill be pissed off at LucasFilm even more then i am already. If It doesn't suck then all of my friends will become uber nerds and pretend to like Star Wars. There are other possibilities, but they dont look good either. I cant wait til celebration 3. Thats the nice part about that movie comming out.
  7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, if it sucks...we can always hope that Indy4 gets pushed through so he can do something cool with that. Like...a CGI super-being from Atlantis that helps him find the sunken island....or he can fight a CGI Gryphon that's guarding some ancient treasure. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
  8. TheExecutor Jedi Master

star 3
    "Jar jar debacle!"

I don?t care anymore, about what Gorge does as long as it ant pure Jar jar god help him if he does not make a Dark movie about Vaders fall to the Dark side and the end of the Jedi Order. Some fans may go nuts but I don;t care, as long as I have a good time and Jar jar is not seen!

9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think I saw that Jar Jar would be in this one briefly too....sorry....but....you never know...

And Bosh....Gryphon? Even though I love them (I have a tatoo of one on my ankle)...I am not sure I would want to see Indy battle a fantasy....
    The Ark of the Covenant...well....there is....a remote possibility that it actually existed...
    there have never been fossils found of Gryphon's that I know of....
  10. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    jar jar is hardly the cause of the prequel trilogy's downfall.

the prequels suck because the plot and characters suck. you cant honestly say that you really bought into anakin and padme falling in love in AOTC. if you did then i've got something to sell you. the basic plot is ok but there is far too much meaningless garbage in there. in ep 1 the whole bongo undersea chase was ultimately pointless.

the other thing that is lacking is that there is no discernable bad guy. we know sidious is the bad guy but lets face it, he is a boring boring character. we've got darth maul, thrown away. we've got jango fett, wasted. we've got count dooku, more boring and a waste of christopher lee's talent. we're supposed to hate the bad guy, how can you hate a character who is as chumpy as sidious or palpatine?

there are good parts to the prequels but the bad far out weighs the good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.