main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Best of Darth Mu Reprint Collection

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DARTH_MU, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Dedication:

All the oldies. Kidan. YodaKenobi. Oquidaun. Alishu06. Ginchy. BrentusofGath. Daenabenjen42. And anyone else I forgot :p I'm of the few who still remember that HomeW--er, Ultimate HomeW--er-gate. More :p

Thanks for the memories.

Acknowledgement:

This collection wouldn't be here without the help of Chyntuck. Thank you.

Mu

2. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  3. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Untitled. If you come up with a good title, PM me.
    Genre: Action/Angst/Hope.
    'Ships: Ben Skywalker/Seha Dorvald. Ben/Tahiri implied. Jahiri (le gasp!)
    Author: Lightsaber123
    Type: 1 shot.

"You came, when I told you not to." Caedus told the figure standing at the archway.

"Yes." The figure said.

"Why?" It was a good question. The Skywalker widow never defied his orders before.

"I found her," was the simple reply.

"I see. There's no point in delaying then."

"None at all." Seha Skywalker said.

Jacen activated his lightsaber. The scarlet tip elongated itself with a snap hiss, and a eerie drone dominated the room.

How should he carry this out, Caedus contemplated, maybe with the Krayt Dragon or the Sarlaac?

Ah yes, neither of the two. Ysalamir is better. Ysalamir was the method by which Darth Derelectia met her end.

It's more fitting this way.

Caedus watched his former apprentice, one of many. They all met their end. For none of them could ever contend with the power of Caedus.

Derelectia was the last before his current apprentice betrayed him. She was something unique. In one of Caedus' futures he saw her start a family with Anakin Solo. And then killed him. Him and their children. Every single one of them. Banishing Order, destroying Harmony, slaughtering Peace. Everything Caedus stood for.

So you see, Everything was better if it went according to Caedus' plans.

That was why Derelectia had to be destroyed. Even if she didn't betray him, he would have destroyed her. Only a matter of time, why not let her be useful?

Why not let her kill Jacen Solo's mother first?

Why not let her seduce Ben Skywalker?

Why not let her recruit Ben's widow?

But she became a liability none to soon.

Seha Skywalker showed talent. A pliable mind, a nimble form, and above all, a hint of insecurity buried in her outward appearance.

A Great Sith she could have been, Caedus had foreseen it.

Until she decided to betray him.

She unleashed her set of lightsabers.

Lightsabers of equal length.

The one on the right was as scarlet as his own.

The one clutched in her left hand gave out a blue sheen.

Caedus closed his eyes. In spite of the fact that Seha was using a traditional Jedi weapon in her favored hand, all the energy flowing into and from her were of the dark side.

She made the first move. Jumping up in the air, reaching for a distance of three meters, she threw up the red saber and managed to catch the hilt in her mouth. Clutching the hilt of the blue saber with both hands, she attempted to deliver a coup de grace designed to split Caedus from the top of his hair to where the legs separated.

Caedus sidestepped quickly as the power stroke came down, and let loose his favorite form of torture: Force Lightning. It struck Seha squarely on her chest, and she let out a screeching scream. The lightning found her arm femur quickly and traveled down to her wrist, compelling her muscles to spasm. She turned her head and spat out the hilt, the beam, still ignited, made for Caedus' midriff.

Caedus could not so easily disregard the latest attack, he twirled his own saber, and the two energy beams cracked as they made contact. Barring the now seemingly useless weapon aside, he stepped on it as soon as it dropped on the ground. Caedus shifted his weight a little, and felt the hilt of the Sith saber disintegrate.

Meanwhile, Seha had not been idle, her first attack countered, she opted for a more unusual approach. Instead of attacking, she decided to run around the throne room. As Caedus calmly stood, her body was an electron cloud surrounding a proton.

Only question now, is when that electron will want to shift character and become the proton.

Caedus twitched a muscle.

The whole foundation of the room shook.

The two pillars broke in half and made for a precariously balanced Seha, she didn’t expect that to happen. Cursing her lack of the other saber, she cut a circle on the ground, or at least, tried to. Seha found out the hard way what material Caedus selected for his impregnable fortress.

It would have been the end, had not a blunt Force crashed into her from the side.

Caedus was not really surprised.

"Welcome, Captain Solo. I have been expecting you." He said.

"You have huh? Well, Thanks, I guess. Not that I plan to stay, so, see you next time, Caedy."

"I can't allow you to leave yet, Captain Solo," Caedus said, "It wouldn't be proper."

"Proper?" Han Solo said.

"Exactly, I can't allow any of my guest to be held hostage by my own apprentice."

"Your appren--" Han held up his right hand, but was surprised to find a little pressure off his left. "What the--"

Seha Dorvald was clutching at his leg, her very own blue saber poised at Han's midriff. Solo felt some sort of heat source melting his jacket.

"Kid, what are you doing?" He was shocked. "You are not"

"Captain Solo, I thank you for saving me, now, it's time we left this party." She drew a left arrow on the back of Han Solo's jacket. "Move."

"Whatever you say, your worship." Solo raised his hands.

And let drop a detonating EMP grenade. The whole procedure was masked from Seha, as the projectile was rolled down the inside of the smuggler's pants.

A blinding flash, followed by a scream, and then it was all over.

The EMP grenade shorted out Seha's sole remaining lightsaber. As the Sith acolyte attempted to jump into the air, the smuggler was lying himself prone on the ground. This allowed Caedus to throw everything, the pillars, the lightsaber hilt shreds from Seha's blue saber, the priceless paintings adorning the walls, the statues... every miserable movable item were moved. They had one target.

Seha Skywalker.

At least one sharp object made contact with Seha's body, hence the scream. By the time Han Solo blinked away the whiteness from his vision, he regretted ever turning around.

The entire face of his niece in law was the same color as her hair.

The way she breathed. It reminded Han of a similar scene, two years ago this Twosday.

The day Anakin saved him, but took his mother with him on the way back.

The apparition before him looked so much alike another girl. Once again, it was his fault.
    Caedus walked slowly over to where the smuggler was slowly trying to stand up.

"You are free to go." Caedus said to him.

Seha, even though completely blinded, still made her move.

It was efficient. It was quick. It was simple. It was foolish.

Her saber went through one of Caedus' eye sockets. It should have made all the difference in the world. It should have brought Caedus down on his knees. It should have even killed him.

But that eye socket was the very same Luke Skywalker took Caedus' then biological eye from. He had since replaced it with a mechanical replacement, with no pain receptors.

By the time Seha figured out her mistake, she had begun to feel uncomfortable, very uncomfortable indeed, particularly on her neck.

Then she felt nothing.

Solo raised his DL-44 at Caedus. "Whatever you're doing, stop it."

"As you wish." Caedus simply said.

Solo reached for the limp form lying before him. Another set of hands made for the unconscious woman's head.

"What are you doing?"

"Modifying her memories." Caedus said, "So that I won't regret letting you leave with her." Pausing, he continued, "She was fun."

"You bastard."

"Pray I don't alter my mind, Solo."

"Kriff off."

Caedus struck Han Solo on the back of his head.

The he did what he hated the most, in order to experience just a little bit leisure during his day.

Caedus put on the Yuuzhan Vong ooglith masquer. It gave him brown hair over his white strands, and brown eyes instead of the burning orange orbs.

He made the effort to conceal his darkside tendencies.

He was going to visit an experiment.

Going into the elevator, he pressed the button four.

He eventually made it one of the more secluded areas of the palace.

He knocked.

"Enter." A girl's voice told him.

"Hi." Caedus said.

"Oh, Good afternoon Uncle Jacen. I thought you weren't coming today." A dirt blonde five years old girl with green eyes said. "Allana went to listen to her lecture on herbology, but she left you this," so saying, she handed Caedus a official looking certificate. Mr. Choka said her ancient Vong still needs improvement, but otherwise..."

"Uncle Jacen? When will I be able to go to school?" The little girl laid her arms on Caedus' laps. Caedus made himself small in the Force, unwilling to corrupt her, yet. An experiment.

"Listen, Jaya, I wanted to talk to you about that. Would you rather go to a school like Allana, or would you like to learn from a holocron?"

"A holocron! But only the Jedi are allowed to learn from a holocron! And I'm not a Jedi, am I?"

"Do you want to be?"

Jaya turned her head to the side, supported by her arm, "who gets to teach me?"

"An old friend, she likes to be called Mrs. Relectia, but you can call her Ms. Tahiri."

"Will she like me?"

"I hope so."

4. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: The Last Fallanasi, alias Nightmare Reborn.
    Author: Darth Mu
    Timeframe: LEGACY Comics, 140 Years After DNT
    Characters: Cade Skywalker, Deliah Blue, one other.
    Genre: AU, vig.
    Keywords: Cade Skywalker
    Summary: Cade Skywalker, pirate, smuggler, encounters someone from the dead past.
    Notes: One of the Last vigs before Mu's exile.
    Optional Soundtrack: Garth Brooks' "The Dance"
    Dedication: All of my nonlurking and lurking readers, My co-authors, and of course, my Master.

"Cade! Over here! Hurry!" Deliah Blue called to her blond friend. The two of them were evading the dozen or so black clad Storm Troopers in the more developed industrial section of the Bakuran capital of Salis D'aar. Deliah nimbly climbed an access ladder up to a low roof of a warehouse.

The paint on the warehouse was turning yellow now, but judging by the cracks and the coloring's patchiness, Cade could tell that the building was originally pristine white. More telltale signs of the two years long Sith system wide blockade.

If only the government spent more resources in more worthwhile enterprises, such as defence, thought Cade, things wouldn't have turned out to be this bad.

Cade continued to chew absentmindedly on his tabac. The leaves were Premium Bakuran, his favourite. It was not every day he could get his hands on a stash of these sweet tasting babies. When Cade heard about this particular business opportunity, he had jumped at the chance. Of course, since both Jeriah Syn and Deliah Blue knew about the namana fruit, none of them even put up a semblance of objection.

The entire operation was a trap, of course, laid by the Empire. The name of a mysterious blond and sinewy man called Cade was slowly gathering a certain kind of reputation. The valuable kind. Cade became so valuable that an Imperial bounty was put on his head. Apparently, the bounty was put out five standard hours after the Mynock blasted out of Mos Eisley, with five million wapiupi of Tatooine Central Bank's money. Cade and his companions only cleared out one single account. The account itself was under the name of a certain Rodian Riitamido. It was only a cover. The money belonged to the corrupt Tlanda Til Smuggling Ring.

The Tlanda Til Smuggling Ring was actually a very deadly and powerful crime syndicate, rumoured to be even more powerful than the mythical Black Sun. No one knew who the leader was.

The Tlanda Tils still had pull in certain areas, even after the Third Peace Treaty of Coruscant.

So predictable, Cade snorted in his satirical mood. "Quiet! And stop your kriffing chewing before I decide I could use a little dough instead of your hugs," Deliah threatened, her eyes flashed a dangerous red.

"Relax, doll." Cade pulled his Cade the Smoother tone, "Ain't nothing bad gonna happen tonight. We'll be off this rock in ten minutes, and sugar daddy's gonna hug ya good." He playfully put his forearm around Deliah's neck. The Zeltron helplessly emitted a series of soft moans.

Sithspit! What would grandpa say now?

Apparently, the moans weren't soft enough.

Good. Only question now is whether the legendary Storm Troopers lived up to their reputation.

They did.

The Zeltron stopped moaning as dozens upon dozens of repeater rifles aimed at her. "Deliah, I'm sorry. It's something I had to do." Cade kissed the Zeltron on her shuddering lips, and pulled the trigger of his holdout blaster.

The spittle went back down the trembling woman's throat as her face assumed an almost peaceful countenance. Cade whispered into her dying ears.

"Cade. We finally meet." A cool female voice reflected off the furnitureless interrogation chamber's smooth, grey walls.

Squatting on the duracrete floor, Cade managed to fold his arms over the Bakuran Farmer's outfit. "We are not really meeting here, Milady. You're doing all the seeing, while I'm doing all the hearing."

The voice paused for a moment, but continued, if I'm doing only the seeing, it's yo¡ªIt was an unfortunate childhood accident. The voice paused again, "Cade, who are you really?"

"Pardon me, but I didn't think Imperial Jedi such as yourself have a childhood." Cade was trying to enjoy himself.

"I suppose not," the voice admitted. "What about you? Do smugglers have childhoods?"

"You seem to have a fair amount of knowledge about yours truly," Cade said. "You tell me."

"It's something you have to tell yourself," the voice continued to blast out of the hidden speakers, "We know why you're here, Cade. We know. It was quite unnecessary for you to kill Ms. Blue. If you simply came to me. I would have!"

"Cade feigned surprise. "How can I come to you? You don't expect me to give myself up to the Imperials just like that?"

"Of course not," the voice became soothing. "No, I did not expect you to give yourself up to the Imperials. I expected you to come to me."

"How can I? You are not making any sense! You're speaking in a tone that suggests I know who you are. Who the hell are you?" Cade stood up for the first time since he came into the cell.

"End this charade, Skywalker! I'm tired of it!" The voice screamed an anguished, almost inhuman cry. The female apparently unleashed some sort of horrible force power. Within seconds Cade smelled something burning. Flesh burning, and the smell of disintegrated synthplast.

"What did you call me?" Cade ran to the wall where the roasting smell of toxin and smoke was the strongest. He pushed bodily, without the Force.

"You still won't end this ridiculous game." I know who you are! The voice bit out. "Not even a lowly nerf herder like you should have any trouble remembering who I am!"

The female on the outside was grinding her teeth now.

"You are mistaken, ma'am. I have no clue who you are," Cade was fighting back panic, "and I don't have a last name."

"The hell you don't." A bright light showered the cell. Cade blinked his eyes.

A black haired young girl appeared three feet from where Cade was standing. Her face curved like a tournesolan flower seed. A small dimple was barely fading on the right side of her mouth. Her eyes were pale green. They sparkled as she advanced delicately, gracefully.

Cade gasped. "Wynssa?" He took three or four steps back.

The little girl nodded, and changed right in front of Cade's eyes. She changed into a sight that would haunt Cade Skywalker till the end of his days.

The ears. The ears were missing. Scar tissue covered everywhere the left over holes should have been, had the ears been simply cut off by a sharp instrument. They were gone. Simply gone.

"You did this to me, Skywalker." The voice came from the hidden speakers on the ceiling, but it was the lips on the haunting apparition that moved.

"No! NO!" muttered Cade, "I saw you die. I saw the Killiks desecrate your corpse. I lost your body in the chaos of the evacuation. I¡ª"

"You didn't save me, Cade." The voice grew silent again. "You weren't there. You weren't there when you could have saved me." A heavy sigh could be heard. "Because you were a coward. You ran."

"NO! That's not true. Kanni said you were dead. Even Balie said so." Cade was sitting on the ground, his hands and legs moving so fast away from the slowly moving force illusion as they could to get him away.

"Because they were your parents. They weren't mine. Yours. Never mine." The female voice pronounced the fact like some kind of truism.

After a stunned silence, the voice continued, "Do you like what you see? Skywalker?"

Cade swallowed, but said calmly, in almost a whisper, "Let me see you."

"You are seeing me, "the voice said.

"I need to see more than a Force illusion. I need to touch you."

A sigh. "You want to touch me?" A pause. "Very well, I will come in." There were traces of something. Perhaps joy?

A snap-hiss assaulted Cade's auditory nerves. Someone, or something, cut through the duracrete with a lightsaber.

If he were to escape, now would be his chance.

He envisioned himself rolling on the ground, and choking his opponent, and finally overcoming the enemy. And be at liberty to flee this prison. Gain access to Imperial databanks. Get the technical readout necessary to accomplish his mission.

The moment passed. Cade was still standing at least seven feet from the door. A masked figure came in and Cade found himself staring into a burgundy visor.

The figure bowed its head and let down its brown hood. The hair fell to the small of her back like an enchanted waterfall.

"You always hated to grow your hair long," Cade said as he moved forward to take a few inky strands in his hands. "I can only remember one occasion when you did grow your hair to that length¡ I remember¡ Take your mask off."

Cade tried to get a hold of the knot on the back of the figure's head. Delicate, if a bit too long, fingers stopped him.

"I'm not a pretty picture. Are you sure?" There were anxiety and fear, in the alto voice. "I won't be able to hear you anymore with the mask off. I can't. You can't! Stop! STOP!"

The figure bit Cade's wrist as he refused to let go.

The figure ran out of the hole she cut up in the wall. "Activate Ray Shields!"

Cade, meanwhile, ran after her. He felt the ray shield activate, the energy cutting through his body, and he knew no more.

His senses, when he finally found them in the medbed two weeks later, finally translated the final stimuli he received in the last conscious session.

Skywalker! I kriffing HATE you! Why do you refu

5. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Once Upon a Honeymoon
    Author: Darth Mu
    Timeframe: Right After Union
    Characters: Luke/Mara, Lando, and Lobot, and a surprise
    Genre: vig, Canon
    Keywords: L/M, Honeymoon
    Summary: After Union, Mara convinces Luke to spend their honeymoon at a surpise location.
    Notes: ?
    Original Posting Date: April 30, 2006

The Jade Sabre shot through Hyperspace. Mara Skywalker yawned in her control chair. Luke was out like a light in the synthleather chair beside her.

The farmboy stirred. Curiosity emanated from him with the bond. Mara stroke Luke's chin as he slowly woke up.

Luke Skywalker shifted in his chair, making the leatherlike material creak. "Are we there yet?" He rubbed away the sleep in his eyes with his synthetic right hand.

"No, Skywalker. Not yet." Mara let slip a touch of impatience into her voice. "Relax."

"I still can't believe that we survived that Moff's attempt at crashing our wedding," observed Luke as he sat up in the chair, "What was his name again?"

Through the bond, Luke felt Mara punch him, "Does it matter?"

"I guess not." Luke admitted sheepishly, "I do wish you would tell me where we are going though." He stared out into the mottled sky of Hyperspace.

"It's a surprise, Farmboy." Mara said, "It means you don't get to know."

"Oh." Luke cast down his eyes toward his new wife. "Well, in that case, I'll assume that the computer knows how to handle the ship. What do you say we head out to the aft cabin?"

"Coming right behind you, Farmboy." Mara rose in her seat and bounced toward the cockpit exit.

~~~

"Good day, Sir." Lobot woke Lando up at the usual time.

"What time is it?" The customary question became almost rhetorical. Lando rolled across the silk sheets of the giant rull wood bed.

"Time to get replaced." Lobot said.

Lando sputtered and almost suffocated on his own drool. "What the hell are--" A syringe was injected into his carotid artery.

~~~

The Sabre engaged its sublight engines as it arrived in a Asteroid field. Luke bolted out of his chair. "Alderaan? You want to spend our honeymoon in the Alderaan system?

Mara feigned hurt. "Oh but Lando said that all our expenses will be paid."
    "Mara, we packed enough money to reconstruct Honoghr" Luke started.

"Right." Mara nodded.

"Oh no, you didn't!" Luke felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. You didn't!"

"I did." Mara became defensive. "Besides, your sister's impossible to refuse once she gets into the diplomatic mode."

Through the force, Mara could feel that Luke was nowhere near as angry as he made out to be.

They got out of the aft cabin and settled into the cockpit chairs.

"Someone's hailing us." Remarked Luke as he noticed the scarlet, periodic flashing on the control board.

"No, we don't have a lan--" Luke stopped in the middle of his rehearsed lines. Turning to his side, he told Mara, "We are cleared to land in Hangar 17A."

Mara was as surprised as Luke was. The tendency to stick to red tape was notorious with Lando's security forces. So why was it that now there was an exception?

~~~

"Did you switch the contents of these flasks?" A dark and sandy voice whispered.

"Yes. We will succeed where Moff Takkar failed."

~~~

The Skywalkers were settled in their Asteroid suite. The rooms had a Dagobah scheme, along with the humidity.

"You did this on purpose!" Yelled Mara playfully at her husband. "You know I don't like Jungle Planets.

"It was a surprise." Grinned Luke. Somehow a female voice in my head tells me that she loves it.

"Oh, Skywalker." Mara started to incline on the sofa. "You know what this suite needs to complete the picture? A Ysalamir. In fact, I think I'll call Lando to place that order now."

Luke's brow furrowed at the mention of Lando. "Mara, did you notice something funny about Lando? It seems that he--"
    "--Is a new man." Mara stopped smiling as she finished Luke's sentence.

"You're right. His jokes weren't funny on the platform." Observed Mara, her green eyes sparkling.

"He felt different in the force as well. Did you notice that¡ª" A beep interrupted their musings.

Lobot arrived as the door slid open. "Master and Mistress Skywalker. Administrator Calrissian would like your presence in the game lounge."

"The game lounge?" Luke and Mara exchanged a quick glance.

"Yes," Lobot's dull voice resonated in the chamber, "Administrator Calrissian has set up a game of sabaac. If you'll come this way..."­

~~~

Luke and Mara found Lando sitting at a decorated, large round table. With him were two Rodians, A Falleen, and a Duros. The usual Sabaac addicts.

"Ah! Luke, Mara. Welcome. Please sit down. Lobot, bring forth some refreshment for our guests." The dark skinned man beamed at 'his' friends.

"Hi Lando. Feeling the urge to be less respectable tonight?" Luke asked casually as he took a seat.

"No respectability for me tonight, Luke." Lando said, "Tonight, I'm Lando Calrissian, card player, ladies' magnet, and scoundrel." He revealed a toothy grin at Mara. "Care for a hand?"

"I lo--" Luke started, but grunted almost immediately as Mara kicked him under the table. "I mean, I don't know, we would be playing on house credits. There's really no--"

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that, Luke. But perhaps you would like some refreshment first. Lobot already brought a tray from the bar. On the tray were some sparkling, as well as some less distinguishing liquids in goblets.

Mara took a goblet and sipped her drink. Immediately she started slumping to the right and downward. The angry redhead immdiately bolstered herself upright and spat out the offensive, yet sweet tasting mixture. Out of her ever-decreasing peripheral vision, she saw Luke drew his lightsaber. She continued to draw on the force, and for a moment the disorientation lessened.

Then there was a wet plop as something dropped from the ceiling and landed on her back. A turn of her head saw the tail of a Ysalamir. Mara screamed, but no sound came out of her mouth.

The sabaac patrons all drifted away and disappeared in seconds. An instant later the game lounge was deserted save for the two of them and the host.

Meanwhile, Luke also happened to drink the drugged melange. He actually took more than Mara, but managed to spit out the majority. He swayed as he tried to bring the lightsaber to bear on 'Lando'.

"Why?" he croaked.

Lando only grinned more. He sat calmly in the chair. An epitome of calmness.

Luke's lightsaber slipped from his hand. The electricity stopped as the cathode refused to accept any more electrons.

"I want to play a sabaac game." The faux Lando declared.

"If you win, you and the Lady go free. If I win, the lady dies." The dark skinned man named his terms silkily.

"You are not Lando." Luke declared, "Who are you? What have you done with him?"

"All in good time, my friend." The man held up his left index finger. But first, I think someone wants to see you. Sit down."

Luke crashed down on his chair. He blinked and tried to clear his vision. Through the haziness, he saw a red and green pattern moving toward him. When it came within two decametres, it stopped.

It smelled of othsmanthus.

"Mara?" Luke hoped desperately that it was Mara, somehow regaining conscious.

Instead, the woman, for that was what the blurry pattern was, sighed, and said, "Hello, Ace. I missed you too."

Will Luke and Mara survive their encounter with this mysterious enemy?
    Will the Skywalkers ever get to play Sabaac?
    Will Lando be rescued?
    Will Darth Mu bring this vig to a more satisfying conclusion?

Who knows?

6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Desperado
    Timeframe: post Confederation-GA War
    Characters: OC/Seha Dorvald. Implied B/T. OCs
    Genre: angst. Story Time!
    Summary: Can't an ordinary person in the GFFA live happily ever after?
    Notes: I personally, I believe The Eagle's Desperado works well while reading this fic, but that's up to you. I do have a few lines written down at the end of the vig, but I felt it might weaken the story, but if you want it, you can PM me. NB this fic used to have a different name, but Desperado suits it better, methinks. Sorry Lily.

<><><>

“Readings?” the captain barked down the crew pit. Standing up on his chair, Renny Zorber was over six feet tall. If size mattered in a space chase, the Lucky Niner would have destroyed her pursuers half a parsec earlier.

Zing Dace jumped from the starboard to the port side and heaved the heavy weight off the sensor console that used to be Mara Lizinski. The stench from the human sized charcoal almost overpowered Zing. Coughing, he suddenly felt a pressure at his neck.

“You will stay at your post, Dace.” the Captain Zorber's ominous voice was the last thing Zing heard before his head separated from the body.

“Get two orderly up here now! To take over weapon control and sensors!” Zorber said to no one in particular. A short man ran to the turbolift. Zorber's eyes flashed before deciding to let him go.

<><><>

“Shut your kork!” someone bellowed. Shut the kriff up!” The story didn't go like that at all.”

“A wiseguy huh?” the storyteller said, “if you weren't there, which we all know you weren't, Beriz, how dare yo contradict me?”

“Cause I'm still alive you idiot!” Zing Dace said. That suddenly shut the storyteller, Dacen, up. He paled, and looking intently at his fellow crewmembver.

“Zing, old buddy! How good to see you ali--” He never finished his sentence as Zing punched him on the nose. Dacen's eyes bugged out before slipping to the back of his head. Zing spat.

“If Captain D'ariell didn't need all the help he could, I would have killed him” Zing said to an awestruck audience, before spitting the last of his tobacco out of his mouth.

“And the story was just getting good.” Someone in he audience said.

“What did you say?”

“Beriz, I guess the old man here want to hear the rest of the story,” Beriz's lover Moirelle kissed his blind eye, and Beriz/Zing shrugged. “I need two more pouch of tobacco before I start.

Beriz's tale started, “What Dacen said about Captain Zorber was true. He wa a tall--”

“Attention all hand, we're approaching the Corellia system. All hands to battle stations. All hands to battle stations.” The intercom .

Beriz spat before pecking Moirelle on the lips before running away to deck nine, engineering.

After the battle was over, Beriz, or Zing, was once again rocking back and forth on the ground, a head on his lap.

<><><>

“Bummer about Moirelle, huh?” The XO asked the cook enroute back to Coruscant.

“Hm.” The cook had his attention on something else.

“You know, I think I just heard a secret about everything and everyone about this ship. I mean, who could have figured out that our chief engineer used to be a megapirate?”

“Not me.” The cook said. They put younger and younger people in charge these days.

“You, Kovin Bekeor, eludes me.” The XO said, turning her head, “Why is that? Surely you have something to tell me, to sate my curiosities.”

“Maybe.” The cook was measuring out egg yolk. The recipe had to be perfect.

“Well, aren't you just the dullard.” The XO batted her green eyes, and said, “But I'll find out about your dirty little secret, I promise you.” The XO turned away, swinging her regulation hair.

When the door closed behind her in the kitchen, the cook muttered, “No you won't.”

<><><>

“A reservation for Mr. K. Bekeor and S. Dorvald, please.” Kovin tried to sound assured, in control of himself. He was about to do something tonight.

“Yes, Mr. Bekeor, right this way.” The waitress proceeded to lead Kovin away to his seat. It was five minutes later when Kovin felt something was going wrong with his big night. “Waitress, stop!”

“Yes, Mr. Bekeor?”

“You're leading me to the wrong suite! I reserved the Myrkr suite. You're leading me to somewhere else?!” Kovin accused.

“Yes, Mr. Bekeor. Unfortunately, your reservation came five seconds late. The Myrkr suite was already taken when you placed your order! You did put down alternate suite when you filled out the form, so...

“This is an outrage! I spoke with the manager! You'll pay for this!” Kovin exploded.

“Please sir, you're making a scene.” The waitress said.

It was true, patrons of the restaurant was staring. Right into the hole of the Kovin's tuxedo. The hole in Kovin's tuxedo which he rented for the evening. For 1/8th of his lifesavings.

And half of his lifesavings didn't even get him the right reservation at the restaurant where he was going to propose to his future wife.

Well, at least Seha Dorvald would never let him down.

Kovin Bekeor knew Seha Dorvald since he was six. They grew up together, until that monster took her away. But after the fiasco with Jacen Solo, and the Dark Times, she had returned to him at last.

For four years now, they have been dating, since the death of Lesah. But all was going to be okay, because at the fourth anniversary of Lesah's death, Kovin Bekeor would be engaged to his childhood sweetheart.

As soon as that lousy waitress took her to the new battlefield, the Yavin suite.

Kovin sipped his Corellian whisky.

Quarter to. Seha would now be on her way here.

Kovin ordered a little fortune cookiee. Seriously, isn't there anything they won't come up these days?

Your life will start anew after a terrible tragedy. Um O Kay. Kovin threw the flimsi away, and chewed on the cookiee. Hm... Could have used more chocolate and less vanilla.

It's time. Kovin's heart jumped out of his throat. Seha would be smiling at the waiter right now.

Five minutes after. Huh, the waiter sure is taking a long time.

Quarter after. The waiter explained that no, Miss S. Dorvald did not enter the restaurant.

Maybe she's stuck in traffic.

Fourty five minutes after. “Sir is it okay if we sent away the organist? He's getting too old, and he has to perform in the Church of the Dark Side tomorrow. You know how these religious zealots get, I personally think the GA should never have allowed Jedi to practice their-- I will tell you immediately if your dates arrive, sir.

“Sir, we're closing in five minutes. I know it's not my business, but are you sure you-- fror! What the Dorsh do you think you're doing. Security!

<><><>

The cook put the cake in the oven. It's going to grill for two hours. Satisfied that he followed all the instructions. He set the timer to an hour and fourty five minutes, and closed his eyes.

<><><>

A taxi stopped for Kovin before the restaurant security coudl catch him. The waitress at the front of the goons. “Please sir! You have to come back! I have two kids at home. They'll skin me alii---” Her screeches drowned away in the distance.

“Kids. I think I deserve double for whatever hell I saved you from.

“Drive.”

It was five o clock in the morning when Kovin staggered home. Or rather, when the public house goons kicked him down from their airspeeder onto Kovin's balcony.

He landed on top of of a broken glass. Fumbling, he reached something gooey. The armshaped support for the swing. He struggled to right himself up on that support, and fell down.

It was no support. And there were no swing on his balcony. Not anymore.

He was clutching an arm. A bloody arm. A freckled arm.

Seha.

Suddenly sober, Kovin ran from the balcony into his apartment. Rooms were in ruins. He ran from the living room to his study. Nothing but Yuuzhan Vong bugs. Dead Yuuzhan Vong bugs. Paling, Kovin kicked open the door to the last room of his abode. There, the first thing greeting him was the back of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior. He almost fainted. He collapsed down onto the floor. Or tried to. The trajectory of his fall, allowed his head to knock against the Yuuzhan Vong's back.

The corpse fell. Revealing Seha.

Seha staring straight at him. With her weapons clutched in her hands.

That's how Kovin knew that Seha was a Jedi. His Seha had betrayed him. She had lied. She lied to him.

Beside the yellowish skin, the same color as one of her hateful Jedi concoctions, all Kovin noticed was how slow Seha fell, on top of him. Her lips dropped onto resisting mouth.

How her eyes stared defiantly into his own.

How her abdomen secreted their foul smelling intestines, where her womb should have been, where she lied about having a baby.

His baby.

Liar!

<><><>

It had been long ago. But after all these hard years, he finally tracked down who had ordered the reservation that took away Myrkr suite. For whom the restaurant people superceded his reservation.

Mister and Missus Obi-Wan Skywalker.

It cost Kovin his left foot, his right ear. But finally he had tracked them down.

And then, some upstart Hapan orphan from a defunct deposed house killed them. Killed them and then killed herself!

The kruzie took away his reason to exist. He contemplated suicide too. But fate was kind. Fate had led him to discover that he could have the last laugh.

It was surprisingly easy to track down the lonely daughter of Mister and Missus Obi-Wan Skywalker.

Tallisibeth Veila Skywalker.
    Age 29
    Part of the All Confederation 21st fleet.
    Jedi Rank: Knight.

After memorizing all the boring details, and the more intersting ones, Kovin paid the mandalorian, and had the flimsi burned.

It was even easier to apply for the position of cook onboard the 21st fleet's flagship.

And now, revenge would be his. As soon as the Skywalker kruzie ate her own 30th birthday cake.

<><><>

The time rang.

Kovin Bekeor woke up.

Stretching, he hummed to himself. Fifteen more minutes till the cake was ready.

Turning his head, he jumped off his chair.

The XO's firm hands grasped his shoulder blades. “Hey, there Cookiee. Didn't mean to startle you. You okay.

“Seha?” Kovin scratched his eyes. “Oh, it's you.”

The XO looked at Kovin curiously before shaking her head. She was back in her good spirits, though Kovin noticed that an intense worry flashed in her eyes before being drowned.

“Your cake is ready,” Kovin told the XO, “ready for a big party?” Grabbing the pan with a big mitten, he pulled the cake out of the oven.

“Actually, my birthday won't be for four months.” The XO said, “The official numbers are wrong.” When she noticed a colour change from the cook, she added hurriedly. “It's kind of a personal reason. It'd be a shame to waste such a good cake though. I'd be right back.”

Kovin didn't know to laugh or cry. He had failed. But no, not yet.

Presently, Kovin heard the kitchen door chime.

“Enter.”

A little girl, about five years old, with freckles covering her face, bounced onto the chair opposite Kovin. “Is there a cake here?”

“Well, hello there pretty lady, aren't you the cutest thing,” Kovin said as he observed her. No, it can't be. “What's your name, kiddo?” He can't kill someone so young.

“Seha Skywalker,” the kid twirled her red hair, “are you giving me the cake or not?”

“No.” Kovin said, pulling the cake away. He can't. Not like this. He needs them to suffer. Bide more time, later, until he can see pain and suffering, like Seha did to him. Them Jedi kruzies...

His contemplations are interrupted by sobs. The toddler was a mess, tears dripping down her eyes.

“You're not nice.” the young kid sobbed, “I'll be back, and mommy'll make you give me that cake.”

“I'll bake you a bigger one,” Kovin said, stashing the cake away.

A big smile swallowed up all the tears almost immediately, “how much bigger?”

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gracious, the plot twists =D= especially in Desperado

8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks

I'm glad you enjoyed these WarmNyota_SweetAyesha.

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Lost
    Author: Lightsaber123 editor's note: Lightsaber123 is DARTH_MU! Who would have thought? ;)
    Characters: A/T & T?
    Time frame: Post NJO
    Summary: What happens when one GAG ship disappeared in the line of duty...

"Sir, we lost the ship's signal at approximately 0535, in the middle of a transmission. Requesting authorization to launch a search and rescue mission, and to organize another team for the Ossus assignment."

--- Lieutenant LeMotov, encycrypted message to Colonel Jacen Solo, GAG.

Anakin Solo is happy. He is to be knighted today. To finally become a Jedi Knight was his dream for as long as he could remember. Outwardly, though, he did not show it at all. He was too well disciplined for that.

To be knighted with him is a list of other Jedi padawans. Among them was Anakin's best friend, Tahiri. A Kilik Joiner, she wanted most others to be called TahiriTaat, and always referred to herself as we and us, but near Anakin, she was always simply Tahiri.

Anakin walked into the Grand Auditorium of Meditation, and greeted his Master and uncle, Luke Skywalker with a nod. Luke nodded back. None of them smiled, but in the Force, Anakin felt his uncle embrace him.

Anakin assumed his position near the second row, and watched as others entered. Aunt Deena, even though she herself was not a Jedi, walked in, and sat at her customary seat. The ceremony was about to begin.

"Twenty five years ago today, I was the last of the Jedi," started Luke Skywalker, "The Emperor did not allow--"

At that precise moment, halfway through his speech, Luke Skywalker collapsed, but before anyone could reach out to him, physically or through the Force, everything went straight to hell.

That is to say, the ceilings caved in, followed by men in black.

"All right, listen up Jedi!" a voice emanated through a megaphone, "Colonel Solo has authorized me to arrest a Master Luke Skywalker. Do not interfere with GAG operations and you won't get hurt. Be advised that I am authorized to use extreme prejudice."

"What the Kark is GAG?" a padawan, Anakin recognized as Vis'l, a trainee rather than a knight candidate, demanded.

Tionne, the assistant trainer, was about to admonish the child for speaking with such language, when a gaping hole appeared on Vis'l's torso.

The girl launched herself toward the blaster-wielding assailant, and stopped only to examine an itch. Then, gingerly, as the realization dawned upon her, she fell to the floor.

The auditorium erupted in a cacophony of snap hisses.

The mysterious commandos who called themselves GAG did not come wholly unprepared. Expertly, they fired with repeater blaster rifles and even set up a crude barricade with bodies, theirs and several of their victims'. Inside their circle lay the prone body of Deena Skywalker.

The battle reached a standstill as the GAG commandos weren't able to escape, but the Jedi weren't able to make headway against the elite battalion, as evidenced by several bodies of padawans who ventured to near to the crossfire.

Anakin whispered to Tahiri, "I wonder who they are working for? These guys are even better than those Stormtroopers we ran into on Ord Mandell."

Tahiri nodded, "These guys are good." She paused, "I don't think they take prisoners."

Anakin disagreed, "They just said they were here to arrest Uncle Luke."

Tahiri said, "That must be their mission, however, if they were the prisoner taking type, they would have held Mrs. Skywalker hostage a long time ago. We like these guys, they have honour."

As they had this conversation, blaster bolts were flying over their heads, while a few more experienced Jedi were unleashing a few Force Lightning storms.

Anakin winced, "That's Dark Jedi stuff."

Tahiri said, "We think Master Skywalker is angry."

Anakin felt the room grow darker all of a sudden. "Oh boy, Kyp's here."

The GAG barricade all but collapsed as the individual corpses refused to stay together, and reanimated themselves. A body of lesser men might have even peed their pants upon seeing such a sight, but the GAG commandos were too busy fighting tooth and nails with these apparition. Soon only one man remained standing. The corpse, that of Vis'l, falls on the floor again.

The man assumed a wild expression in his eyes. He darted them about the room. He saw the new comer, a tallish man with shaggy hair.

"Stamn, that was some Dark stuff." Anakin said.

Tahiri said, "Kyp knows he can get away with it." She pointed to the podium, where Luke Skywalker was still motionless.

"You'll never take me, Jedi scum! Traitors, the lot of ya." The sole GAG survivor bellowed. "And now, before I depart, I have a message for you all. 'Colonel Solo will avenge me! Long live the Galactic Alliance! Viva! Viva! Viva!'" With the said soliloquy, the man bit his own tongue. He collapsed ever so slowly.

Kyp Durron, the operational senior Knight, after having made arrangement for the academy med droid to attend to Master and Mrs. Luke Skywalker, kicked the corpse of a certain Captain Perroni of Galactic Alliance Guard, Operation ID 757-87C-A.

Later that day, Anakin seeked out his best friend.

"Some ceremony huh?" Anakin asked.

"We still are not Knights." Tahiri said melancholically.

"Durron said he would see if Master Skywalker will be up and about and back to his normal self tommorow. If not, maybe he could vest Durron with the authority to knight us in his stead." Anakin changed the subject, "what do you think of these GAG guys?"

"We know they call themselves the Galactic Alliance Guard, but other than that, we know almost nothing about them." Tahiri said, "Oh before we forget, they have a superior called Colonel Solo."

"You are using the word we to refer to yourself again." Anakin pointed out, pointedly ignoring the implication of his friend's last remark.

"I'm used to it," Tahiri said, "It's just the pressure, it takes a lot of effort to think of myself as an individual again. But saying I and me, like you taught me, give me a little comfort to know who I am once in a while, and I have to thank you for that."

"Don't worry about it anymore, Tahiri." Anakin said, "I don't."

"I just don't know what would have happened if you pressed the trigger that night." Tahiri admitted, "I was scared today, because I felt-- you wouldn't understand."

Anakin reached across the cafe table and kissed Tahiri chastely on the cheek.

"I was scared too, Tahiri." Anakin said.

"You?" Tahiri feigned.

"Yes, for a moment, I felt you die, right before that GAG leader killed himself. I felt a presence. For a moment, it felt like you. It reached out to me, and I got confused, because it--forget it Tahiri."

They sipped the remainder of their tea together in silence.

"Walk me back to my room?"

"Dummy." Tahiri said as she got up.

Still later, when Anakin was in his bed, he tossed and turned.

What he felt in the Force earlier in the day prevented him from peaceful sleep. The presence he felt it loved him. It loved him, an average Jedi in a plain, unexciting time, almost desperately. When it felt him not reciprocating that love, but offered it the truest, purest platonic friendship, it despaired and turned dark and silent.

But its last location, still visible in the Force if Anakin strained enough, was in orbit of the planet.

It still felt like Tahiri.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating ;) =D= Truly unique and different spin on the Killik & GAG thing. [face_laugh]

11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey! WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

I'm glad you liked the last fic, with Anakin and Tahiri's graduatioin ceremony. These two earned it.
    But What's in orbit?!

Everyone
    Wow. Thanks so much for reading. Glad you dropped by and agreed to ride down memory lane with me.

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Anakin was seduced by the dark side of the force
    Authors: Darth Mu
    Genre: AU, Marakin
    Summary: Mara is captured by evil forces.
    Time Frame: couple of years After DN in a brand new AU (not Joinerverse)
    Characters: Mara, Anakin, and Jaina, Luke.
    Notes: Exactly 300 words.

A figure slowly opened Mara Skywalker's eyes slowly. They were still glazed.

Even slower, the figure stepped back. Before doing so, he grabbed the belt of the still unconscious woman and lifted it. The buckle became undone in a second as the dark man used the force.

The lightsaber from the belt was removed next.

The dark man activated the lightsaber.

He used the force to maintain the woman's eyelids in the upward position. The eyes still stared out glassily.

He struck

But then the green pools developed depth and light reflected off the now stormy surface.

"Uaaaah Muuf!"

"Save your strength, you will not be able to break free."

"Aaaaanek Ag Woooof!" The woman started thrashing about.

"Stop. Your precious nephew won't come and save you. He was the first one I took care of at the beginning of the operation."

"And your little boy. He's perfectly fine now. However, accidents can happen, particularly when you are a curious ten years old. Now, where is Skywalker?"

"This will be the last time I ask." The redhead was huffing now.

At that instant, the ceiling fell out. It was over in an instant. Too quick. Flashes. Screams, the hums of lightsabers. Body crunching after hitting walls. The demonic laughter.

"Aunt Mara, are you okay?"

Mara woke up to the familiar face of Jaina Solo, her bug hugger niece. So it was the Killiks.

"Kill me."

"Mara, no harm will come to you now." An all too familiar voice said softly."

"Farmboy?"

Yes, it's me."

"Where's Ben, is he all right?"

A deep hatred flashed across Luke's mien. "He's dead."

"No! Don't you dare lie to me, or you're dead Skywalker. Anakin protected him. There was no way!"

"I'm sorry Mara, Anakin was seduced by the dark side of the force."

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, any one of these could be turned into a riveting short story/epic. =D= How do you come up with these? [face_laugh] [:D]

14. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey, Thanks for your kind words.
    As for how I came up with these, well, I'll sure to ask my brain. Using ALL brain power!
    No seriously, I was just really enjoyed writing fanfic about my favourite characters.

Okay everyone, this last short story will be the last entry of this collection.

Enjoy reading.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Tah'erai
    Author(s): Darth Mu/lightsaber123
    Timeframe: LOTF
    Characters: Tahiri, Leia, Anakin, underwears
    Genre: DARE, Canon wink
    Keywords: DARE, Shaped Jeedai.
    Summary: Caedus is dead, death is only the beginning.
    Notes: This is for the DARE challenge. Bet you didn't think I was going to deliver. Didn't you? Didn't you? ADMIT it.

DARE
    Anakin Solo, Tahiri Veila, Leia Solo, and an incriminating undergarment.

--------

Leia Organa Solo stood watch while Han grinded his teeth in sleep. The smuggler turned. He was having a nightmare again, and Leia contemplated waking him up.

Nightmare or no, he was dreaming, and so was technically resting, which Han needed, and she could never deprive him of that. Especially not now.

Now that Jacen-- No, Caedus, was destroyed, yes, Caedus' destruction was easier to accept, even welcome, than the death of a son.

Now that Caedus was destroyed, the galaxy could start the post war reconstruction. Everyone was rejoicing, but not the Solos. They still had one more problem they had to take care of.

Tahiri. Tahiri Veila.

Leia wasn't sure when it was that she have changed, but the blonde haired, green eyed girl had morphed into Darth Licera while no one was looking, not even Caedus expected her unique drive.

Leia closed her eyes for a moment, and relived the last 24 hours.

The Falcon, strafing the moon where the Anakin Solo crashed. Finding Jac-- Caedus, moving inside the foliage, abandoning his attempts to hide in the Force, coming out and brandishing his blood red lightsaber and trying to slash his own father's feet.

And where was Tahiri when Caedus released twenty thousand volt of electricity onto his own mother?

Later, Leia would find out that she was in the gunnery room of the ruined Anakin, manually targeting the battleground.

Jacen just died.

So, now, Leia and Han tracked Tahiri from the crash site all the way to the other side of the moon.

She was out there. Both the hunter and the hunted.

There would be no sleep for Leia tonight.

<><><>

Darth Licera crawled slowly in the stinky undergrowth, groping with her callous hands. The Solos probably didn't know, but during that last battle with Leia some sort of fungi were swept into her eyes. Now the green orbs can only be decorations.

A Dark Lady of the Sith did not need eyes, but she did need food, and water.

The Anakin Solo had both, unfortunately the galley were situated in a section which had touched the unnamed moon's cursed ground first. Therefore, all the food there were no more than charcoals.

When Licera activated her lightsaber, she could still sense its warmth and the glimpse some bluish glow in her cloudy vision.

The Force tells her a large predator was approaching. It might actually be Leia.

She needed to get off the moon.

The Solos' Millenium Falcon was the only flyable crate on this rock. As soon as the Solos decided she was either dead or not worth hunting down, she would die.

She had to get to the ship. That meant either killing Leia or Han, or both.

Suddenly she felt tired, more tired than ever.

She can't risk falling asleep. Leia is hunting for her, that is for certain. She rubbed her unseeing eyes to irritate them. Where she expected pain, there was only numbness.

Not a good sign. I can do without eyesights. Some of the most powerful Sith Lords were Miraluka.

She considered her next move, sitting down on the grass, with the knees surrounded by muscular arms.

Her only chance is to separate the two Solos, there were no way she could take on both and win, not since Fondor.

She was tired.

Perhaps she should risk a Force trance after all.

Five minutes later Darth Licera was no more, and Tahiri Veila smiled, her eyes blinking under their hoods.

<><><>

Han handed his wife a cup of steaming caf in the lounge of the Millenium Falcon. They both yawned almost at the exact same time.

“She didn't attack us at night,” Han said, “That's something.”

Leia didn't respond to that remark. She stared at the cockpit door for a long time.

“Han,” she asked, “why are we still here?”

“Sweetheart, we have a psychopath some place on this moon, if we leave, she'll find a way and probably haunt the entire galaxy for the rest of her days, like Alema did. Luke said...”

“I've been thinking, maybe if I didn't chop off her lekku and made her a freak by Twi'lek standards, Alema could have been saved.” Leia said.

“Leia,” Han stared at his wife as if she had sprouted another head, and it was talking, “these guys don't want to be saved. Did you see what happened to Valin, and Jys? Have you seen Corran in these couple of weeks?”

“Well, okay, great.” Han threw up his hands. “We have someone who chopped off the left side of your face, and almost made me a cripple, not to mention maybe you blinded her with those poison ivy things that you discovered. Now you're telling me you want to go out there and say to her, hi kid, it was all a big misunderstanding, let's go home?”
    “Forget it, then, Han.” Leia said, “just tell me what we can do from here.”

“I already tried contacting Gavin,” but the Nebula surrounding the moon during this season seems to disrupt communications. So I don't even know if the Anakin Solo's distress signal got out.”

“What's your plan, flyboy?”

“You're gonna love this,” Han said, “We blast off, now.”

“Weren't you just telling me a minute ago that we have to stay here to finish the job?”

“By going away, we're finishing the job,” Han said. “I did a sensor scan, four times. The only thing that'll move on this rock is us. Tahiri can't even jury rig a working hyperspace capable ship if it kicked ion down her pants.”

“Down her pants?” Leia arched her eyebrow.

“Just telling you that there isn't anything she can use, Leia.” Han moved over to a console, “all the fuels the Anakin Solo had evaporated into the atmosphere yesterday. Han patted the leather of the chair he sat in. “This baby is it.”

“Han... She'll die.” Leia said.

Han stood up and moved away. “Well your highness, this mission was your idea.”

He locked himself in the cockpit.

<><><>

It had been so long since Anakin Solo became one with the Force. Now the Force found Riina Kwaad.

The Force was looking at a piece of black carbonite.

The Force examined the controls.

A soft sigh distracted the Force, and as it turned, it heard the words, “Dummy.” Anakin Solo's soft blue glow stared as Darth Licera shook her head.

Licera stood forward, and smiled.

Do you like it Anakin? I like it.”

Anakin, or his shape, mouthed, “Tahiri, what happened to you?”

“Oh, I'm sorry,” Licera said, “so sorry, maybe being one with the Force doesn't mean you know everything. Hero from the sky who abandon their friend!” Her eyes hardened and turned chlorine before Anakin's own.

“I'm called Darth Licera, Lady of the Sith.” She took a little bow, “and you are Anakin Solo, the Vongbutt kisser.”

“I don't know who you are, but you're not Tahiri. My friend would never--”

“I'm glad we agree on things.” Licera said.

Anakin's eyes widened for a moment before realization seemed to dawn on him. “Riina. Riina, right?”

Licera unleashed a series of unholy laughter, “oh, this is too much! Too much!” she pat her knees.

She turned away before a defiant Anakin as she threw a few switches, pressed a few buttons, and pulled up a long stick. The carbonite behind Anakin started to melt.

A convulsing body fell out. As Anakin watched, white foams started to pool around its mouth, with inarticulate gibberish strugglig out of the voicebox.

The body was in full Yuuzhan Vong battle regalia. The nose was broken, and the eyes were assymetrical to the right side, almost diamond in shape.

It stopped struggling as Anakin put his hand on her shoulder, it eased into a sleep different from the oppresiveness of forced hibernation.

Licera paced around the room, now Anakin knew it to be a Yuuzhan Vong shrine to Yun Harla, the trickster goddess. “I couldn't kill her, it meant killing me as well. In the end I drummed up a story about merging with her. In reality? I had to put her in carbonite. It hurts me too, I felt numb for weeks, struggling out of coma attacks. But eventually, with Jacen's help, I overcame it all.”

“Why did you come, dummy? Why can't you leave bloody well enough alone?”

Anakin looked down at the floor.

“Do you remember that vision I told you about?” Anakin implored, “and you said you would never hurt me?”

Licera shrugged, “Ask her.”

The being on the floor was conscious now, although still shaking.

She was in shock, and momentarily passed out again.

Suddenly Licera bolted upright from her crouching position whence she was teasing her fromer friend. “Leave Dummy, I have business to attend to.”

The glowing form of Anakin Solo did not yield. “No. I can't let you hurt her. He stared into her eyes once more. Tahiri, I'm not sure how much you remember after your captivity, but I --”

“you let me be shaped. You had to wait for your opening, I almost succeeded once, Licera felt her tears flow down her face, using the Dark Side. If only you Jedi didn't put so much emphasis on preservation of life. I could have killed them all! But your Jedi sympathetics let me hesistate. And you let her exist!” She pointed bitterly at the semi conscious Yuuzhan Vong warrior.

“Tahiri, please! I love you! I've always loved you.”

“Then leave.” Licera said, “help me put her back, Anakin.” She moved toward the prone form.

She looked up at Anakin, “This way I don't have to kill her.”

<><><>

“You found her like this, huh?” Han asked Leia as he observed the prey they had been hunting for weeks. He checked her pulse at the artery. “Completely catatonic.”

Han shook his head.

“Let's leave for Coruscant, I have to get her to Cilghal.” Leia decided.

“You're the boss.” Han said.

<><><>

D'orik Vong Pratte! D'orik Vong Pratte! The screams echoed through the medward. Cilghal was instantly woken up by the reverberations.

The MonCal immediately went to the infirmary without putting on her hat. Rushing in, she found Darth Licera on top of a 21-B droid, screaming in Yuuzhan Vong.

“Do not be alarmed. Situation will be under control. Will be under control.” a YVH security droid with a ultra male, ultra Lando accent rolled in, before Cilghal could dig out the emergency override command out of he still foggy brain, the YVH fired.

<><><>

“Let me get this straight, Master Cilghal,” Lon Shevu asked the Mon Cal, “you are telling me that an unknown Sith, busted into your medlab, destroyed some 21-B droid, disabled a fully configured YVH combat droid, and escaped, kidnapping your patient, the fugitive Darth Licera, leaving only an article of clothing, a checkered Naboo underwear?”

“That is correct.”

“Very well.”

<><><>

Master Cilghal, please pick the one who disrupted your infirmary the night of ------, at 0340 hours.t
    Cilghal picked out the suspect. A terminal case, from the lineup.

“Very well.”

<><><>

Riina Kwaad's breathing was deep and rhythmic on the bed, she turned her gold eyes onto the shape of her love.

It's time for me to go. The Force told her.

“Thank you.”

“Anakin... If you knew, would you still have come?”

Tahiri was my friend. The only one my age. I-- No. I can't lie. No. Tahiri was everything.

Dummy.

Tahiri... How?

Ask her.

“I did some consulting, asked for a few favours, and contacted a Master Shaper, Nei Rin.”

Then Darth Licera?

Was a bad dream, c'mon, let's go, Mara's waiting for us at the beachhouse, can't let her have all the fun.

Riina Kwaad watched as the two luminous beings walked away in eachother's arms, Tahiri's barefeet flapping into the distance.

The first of a series of morning sicknesses hit her then.

Anakin Solo, you wouldn't dare.

Aw, kriff, thought Riina Kwaad as she dug out a floppy underwear from within the blanket's folds.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] thanks for this hilarious DARE! response. 8-} [face_mischief]

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey Thanks for Reading. Yep, this one was all serious and then humorous. a Proper way to book end this volume.

18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Last Words

First of all, I would like to thank Chyntuck for finding these fanfics from the wayback machine. This volume would not be here without your help. Thank you.

Second, I would like to thank WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for reading and reviewing. I am very grateful.

Lastly, I want to give out a big shout out to my original readers and reviewers:

For the Untitled Jahiri, PHGS_Weyr JediMasterArmada
    For The Last Fallanasi, Lea-El VaderLVR64 BrentusofGath ZEGO, now known as Affixed Scowler

Let's all give them a round of applause.

=D=

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stop. PHGS_weyr, Vadey, Alexis, and Kidan. =D= =D= Foot, I miss their brillness. [:D] [:D]

DARTH_MU likes this.