main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Best of Intentions (Obi-Qui, AU) Author note 8/7! Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Bravo Bravo, I loved the way you allowed Qui-Gon to put Mace in his place.=D=

Siri was a bit more bolder than she should have been, she still has to face them for her stealing a spaceship. Be careful Siri.[face_worried]

That was priceless, Qui-Gon springing his apprentice with Siri, I wonder what their explanation will be.[face_mischief]

They might have to change the rule about attachments too.[face_dancing]

well done=D=

2. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow. What a triple whammy. First Siri, way to go girl! Loved how she evaded Mace's questions and didn't verbablly condem both her and Obi-wan's relationship. And yes, indeed, I did enjoy Qui-gon's speech. Very true words, and I love how he would leave with Obi-wan if it came down to it. Poor Mace, I actually feel a twinge of sympathy for the man, having to deal with two very bold and stubborn Jedi, then add in Yoda, lol.

Oh, Obi-wan, I think now would be the perfect time to be honest with Qui-gon. I'm sure Qui-gon is feeling a little bit of betrayl, not much but enough to feel disappointed with Obi-wan.

Awesome update.

3. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    *Smack Siri on the head*
    Arg, if she had just kept her mouth shut right before the very end, she would had won that contest. Grrrrrr

As for Obi Wan....he needs some girl love. Sorry Jedi Order and Qui Gon, but a master's love just isn't enough.

Good chapter!

4. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Awesome post! =D=

Siri and Qui's testimony to the Council was brilliant! Way to go! [face_dancing] The Council members definitely aren't acting like the compassionate Jedi they're supposed to be [face_frustrated]... except for Yoda. [face_alien_1]

Oh dear... Qui walking in on Obi and Siri.... this ought to be interesting [face_worried]

Looking forward to the next post!

5. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The Council is just.... irritating me. :p

Superb post!

7. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Too funny Qui walking in on Obi and Siri, presumably hugging or perhaps kissing. Love to hear that explanation.

One explanation coming up...of course I'm not sure if it is what Qui-Gon wants to hear. As always my friend, thank you for reading! [:D]

bek: Qui-Gon should probably proceed with caution when dealing with Obi-Wan and Siri's relationship. The two young padawans have already said that they would not allow anyone to come between them again.

Caution should be used indeed! [face_worried]

Mace should probably step down and allow the Council to proceed in this decision without his biased opinions coloring the facts.

That may be a possiblity. Of course, I'm not sure that he will agree...but then again, you never know. Thanks so much for reading. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! [:D]

Bastet: Uh oh! I hope Qui can be understanding with this, and not let it drive a wedge between them.

He is going to quickly realize that this is not an infatuation.

I most definitely can't wait for more!

On its way! :D

ratna: Then he runs smack dang into the heart of another matter. Ah, youth...

It's never easy, is it!

You can say that again! [face_laugh]

Gkilkenny: [face_blush] Thank you for your kind words. I can't begin to tell you what your support and encouragement mean to me! [:D]

Cole_Kenobi: Oh, Obi-wan, I think now would be the perfect time to be honest with Qui-gon. I'm sure Qui-gon is feeling a little bit of betrayl, not much but enough to feel disappointed with Obi-wan.

I think Qui-Gon will get the picture. ;)

JediKaren: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

wolf_kenobi: Thank you! The next post is on its way!

Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks so much! [face_blush]

Healer_Leona: [face_laugh] I think the Council is irritating everybody! Thank you for your kind words!

As requested, here is the next post. Hopefully this will hold you over until next week. I'll be off the boards after today until Monday. Thanks again for all your support![:D]

Part 48

Obi-Wan was sitting in his bed, anxiously waiting for his Master?s return. Glancing at the chronometer on the wall, the youth realized that it had only been almost half an hour since Qui-Gon had left word that he was being summoned by the Council. He couldn?t help but worry about the Jedi as he faced the members of the Council, especially Master Windu. Obi-Wan sighed. Would he ever understand the reasons that the senior Councilor seemed to dislike him?

He leaned back against his pillow and closed his eyes. Master Nathe had finished running a myriad of tests and had ordered him to rest. Obi-Wan found sleep to be elusive. The teen wanted to be by his Master?s side, not hiding away in the healer?s wing like some invalid. Sitting up, he threw the covers off of him and swung his legs around, allowing them to dangle over the side of the bed.

?What do you think you?re doing??

Obi-Wan looked up and the sound of the familiar voice. He smiled at the beautiful blonde girl standing in the door. He cleared his throat and mustered a sheepish grin as he tried to think of an acceptable explanation.

?I?um?well, I was?? he stammered.

?You were what? Getting out of bed without permission from Master Nathe??

?Something like that.?

?Well, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you can just get right back into bed.? Siri walked over and to the side of the bed, crossed her arms, and waited for the young man to comply with her instructions.

?I just wanted to go and see about Qui-Gon. He?s facing the Council right now and I should be by his side,? Obi-Wan tried to reason.

?Master Jinn can handle the Council. Now, you get back in bed or else I?m going to call Master Nathe in here and he will make sure you stay in bed.?

?But I don?t need to be here,? the teen protested, ?I?m not sick.?

?Maybe not,

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, a nice present for today - thanks. ;)

?They can change the rules.?

?They haven?t changed the rules in thousands of years. The Council will not change the law to accommodate one person.?

?Really? It seems to me that they?ve been doing that ever since I can remember. They changed the rules to protect Elad; in fact, they do what they damn well please.?

?Language, Padawan,? Qui-Gon warned.

Nonplussed, Obi-Wan continued his rant, the tension in his voice rising with every word. ?You must feel this way, or you wouldn?t defy them so much. They sit up there in that room, making decisions based on what they want to do instead of this precious Code that they seem to want to throw in everybody?s face.?

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon interjected. ?You need to calm down.?

?I need to calm down? I don?t think so. You just spent an hour trying to talk to them and do you think that you?ve convinced them that I should stay? Probably not. The only ones who think I belong in this Order is you and Master Yoda. I don?t even think I belong here!?

Obi-Wan grabbed his head with his trembling hands. It was happening again. ?Master!? he cried out.

He felt Qui-Gon?s strong hands on his shoulders. ?Obi-Wan! Look at me!? the Jedi ordered.

?I can?t.?

?Open your eyes and look at me,? Qui-Gon repeated a bit more forcefully.

Obi-Wan managed to open his eyes and found himself staring into his Master?s concerned face. The teen was losing control and it was frightening him as well as Qui-Gon.

?I want you to breathe deeply,? the Jedi Master instructed.

?I can?t,? the teen gasped.

?You can do this. Breathe deeply.?

Obi-Wan began to slow down his breathing while forcing his eyes to remain fixed on his Master. He could feel the tremors beginning to subside as well as the surge of power that had been threatening to erupt. After a few more minutes, he collapsed into Qui-Gon?s arms.

?I?m sorry, Master,? he whispered into the Jedi Master?s robe. ?I?m sorry.?

?It?s all right. We?re going to work through this. I promise you.?

In the end, Qui-Gon realized a lot - most importantly, he can help Obi-Wan.

9. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Sorry I got behind again. It seemed that as soon as I decided to take a break from the computer for a bit, everyone decided to update their stories. :p

I printed out the last update and was reading it last night while I waited for my mom to finish teaching a class... I must have looked so funny, sitting there and laughing out loud when Siri told Mace he had a cold heart! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

?I?m just rambling on. I think my biggest problem is that I?ve been laying here with too much time to think.?

Stars, I know how it is. :p

((paces)) They're going to leave the Jedi, aren't they? They're going to get married and not be Jedi! [face_worried] [face_worried] :_|

Wonderful updates. :)

10. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it.

11. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Eeep. Things do not look good for Obi-Wan's relationship with Siri, and his future with the Jedi. [face_worried]

Excellent post! =D=

12. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Yeah! You guys tell Mace! Grr, I need to recomend Mace to a counslor.[face_beatup]
    And whoa, didn't see that kiss coming! :* Yikes, they're in for it now...[face_worried]
    Thank you for that, can't wait for more![:D]

13. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Superb writing. You portrayed everything wonderously. Awesome update.

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Now you have a twist in the story not only does Obi-Wan have problems being a Jedi he has problems decided about Siri too.:oops:

They cannot leave the Jedi, Obi is too important.[face_praying]

I wonder how you are going to fix their relationship.[face_thinking]

Another excellent chapter.=D=

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Whew, that was a close one! Good thing Qui-Gon was able to calm Obi down before he blew up the healer's wing. [face_love]

I don't think Adi is going to be too happy once Siri says what she has to say. [face_shame_on_you]

And poor Qui-Gon, now he's got another trouble added to the long list he's already got. :(

Great update, jedidas, as usual! :D

16. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    ?This Council used to be known for its compassion. Somewhere along the way, we?ve lost our purpose. If we let him, Obi-Wan Kenobi could very well help us find it again.?

I think Adi Gallia hit the issue on the head here. Obi-Wan is the key. If only the Council would listen!

?I think the Council needs to consider what will happen if you don?t help Obi-Wan. You will be showing the other Jedi and everyone else in the Temple that the way of the Jedi is no longer that of compassion, but one of hasty accusations and judgments.?

Siri shows wisdom beyond her years here, but unfortunately the Council probably won't give credence to the testimony of a young girl, even if she is one of the only voices of reason and openmindedness.

?Siri? Are you all right?? Adi inquired.

?No, I?m not,? she whispered.

?What?s wrong??

Siri looked up with tears in her eyes. Not only did she have to tell her Master that she had been caught kissing Obi-Wan, but she had to tell her that she had disobeyed her by going to see him. She was discovering that love often came with a very high price.

I can't believe they got caught! :eek: Just what they need to complicate matters, and I really feel for Qui-Gon. Here he is fighting so hard for Obi-Wan, while Obi-Wan doesn't even really want the help, or at least isn't showing it. Love for a Jedi has a very high price indeed. :(

I forgot about the "evil, shadowy figure man" until Qui-Gon mentioned him. Of course, he'll probably show up again at just the wrong time and make matters even *worse*.

=D= Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

17. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It was good that Qui-Gon was able to help Obi-Wan calm down; they avoided a major incident by working through it together. An incident I'm sure Mace would have used to his advantage in evicting Obi-Wan from the Temple. That should be enough to show the council that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan not only work well together as Master/Padawan but that the boy trusts Qui-Gon enough to allow him to help him. And also, that Qui-Gon is able to teach Obi-Wan (with Yoda's help most likely) how to control this burden the force has placed on him. Obi-Wan's gift is manageable given the right circumstances and the right people helping. :)

I think Qui-Gon leaving the decision up to Obi-Wan and Siri as to their feelings for one another was the right approach. It gives the padawans a choice they never had before; if they decide to be good friends for now instead of something more, it would be a decision they made and not one that was forced upon them. Thereby, leaving no hard feelings toward anyone else.

You continue to amaze me with your writing. Can't wait for the next post! :D

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    obi-Wan certainly needs to learn to curtain his powers and control them better. Plus he needs to understand that the Code isn't going to be changed just because he wants it to be.

Great job!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    At least we already know Qui-Gon can help Obi-Wan. :D :D

20. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    very good!

21. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Ok, first of all I want to say that I'm really really sorry for not keeping up with your wonderful story.
    I hope you can forgive me...
    But, I'm back now and have spent the better part of last night and the last hour catching up.
    And I still love it!

I don't even know where to begin commenting, so I think I'll just say keep up the good work!

And I'm happy you're still PM'ing me ;)

22. aquamarineblue

aquamarineblue Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Another nice one. Looking forward to seeing how, and if, Siri reconciles with herself, Adi and Obi-Wan. The council doesn't seem very Jedi, in this case. Some of them seem out-right protectionist;) Yoda continues to be Yoda, though, and that is a good thing.

23. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: In the end, Qui-Gon realized a lot - most importantly, he can help Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon really needed to see that. Thank you so much for all your support! [:D]

silverfighter: Don't worry about being behind. This week has been one of those that I'm so far behind, it isn't funny.

((paces)) They're going to leave the Jedi, aren't they? They're going to get married and not be Jedi!

Now, I didn't say that. I think that you'll be satisifed with the ending. I'm not going to guarantee that on "Remembrance." ;)

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

wolf_kenobi: Well, I can tell you that the ending will be fairly happy. Thanks for your kind words! [:D]

Blue_Lightsaber42: You guys tell Mace! Grr, I need to recomend Mace to a counslor.

[face_laugh]

Don't worry, Mace will be doing some soul searching! Thank you so much for reading.

Cole_Kenobi: Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words! [face_blush]

Gkilkenny: I wonder how you are going to fix their relationship.

You'll just have to wait and see! ;)

Bastet: And poor Qui-Gon, now he's got another trouble added to the long list he's already got.

Yep...but of course, he'll handle it like the Jedi he is! ;)

Nienna_Narmolanya: It's good to hear from you! Hope things are going well!

I can't believe they got caught! Just what they need to complicate matters, and I really feel for Qui-Gon. Here he is fighting so hard for Obi-Wan, while Obi-Wan doesn't even really want the help, or at least isn't showing it. Love for a Jedi has a very high price indeed.

Oh, believe me, he's got his hands full.

I forgot about the "evil, shadowy figure man" until Qui-Gon mentioned him. Of course, he'll probably show up again at just the wrong time and make matters even *worse*.

The good news is that there are no plans for him to come around in this part. You might see him down the road, though...[face_worried]

bek: Obi-Wan's gift is manageable given the right circumstances and the right people helping.

Hopefully, the council will figure that out!

I think Qui-Gon leaving the decision up to Obi-Wan and Siri as to their feelings for one another was the right approach. It gives the padawans a choice they never had before; if they decide to be good friends for now instead of something more, it would be a decision they made and not one that was forced upon them. Thereby, leaving no hard feelings toward anyone else.

You'll just have to wait and see if they make the right decision...

You continue to amaze me with your writing.

I hope you know that the feeling is mutual.[:D]

dianethx: Thank you, Master. [face_blush] I couldn't do it without you!

Healer_Leona: Qui-Gon has discovered that as well. Thank you so much for reading. It means a lot to me! [:D]

JediKaren: [face_blush] Thank you!

Qui-Gina-Jinn: Ok, first of all I want to say that I'm really really sorry for not keeping up with your wonderful story. I hope you can forgive me...
    But, I'm back now and have spent the better part of last night and the last hour catching up.
    And I still love it!

It's so good to hear from you. There is nothing to forgive. I know how crazy RL can be! I'm just glad that you're still here and are still enjoying this story! [:D]

aquamarineblue: Yoda continues to be Yoda, though, and that is a good thing.

You gotta love Yoda! [face_love]

Thank you all so much for continuing to read this story. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! RL has been really crazy this week and it will probably be Monday before I get the next post up. I apologize, but sometimes things can't be helped. Thanks for your patience!

24. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Part 46

The Council members had taken a short recess after the testimony of Master Jinn. Mace Windu stared out at the panoramic view of the city, silently wishing that he was far away from the Jedi Temple. The whole situation with Obi-Wan Kenobi was beginning to wear on his nerves. He had just listened to Padawan Tachi and Qui-Gon Jinn fervently defend the boy to the Council. They had also insinuated that he was heartless and lacked compassion for what Obi-Wan had endured. Whether or not he wanted to admit it, those words had cut him to the core. He believed that he always had the interests of the Jedi Order foremost in his mind.

?Far away are your thoughts.?

Mace did not turn to acknowledge the ancient Master, but continued to stare out the window. ?Not really,? the Jedi Master finally replied. ?I was just wishing that I was far away.?

?You are where you?re supposed to be,? Yoda stated with confidence.

?So, tell me Yoda, do you believe that I?m heartless?? Mace asked, his voice etched with bitterness.

?It is not what I think that matters. What do you believe??

The Korun Master thought for a moment before answering. ?I never considered myself to be that way. I recognize that I strictly adhere to the Jedi Code and I will protect the Jedi Order at all costs. I don?t think that makes me heartless and cold.?

?See yourself through your own eyes, you do. Look through a child?s eyes and what do you see??

?I don?t understand.?

?That is your problem. You don?t try to understand. Bound by the Code we are, but more importantly, we are bound by the Force and must follow its will.?

?Surely you don?t think that the Force has us all following the same path,? Mace exclaimed.

?Only on the things that truly matter. Too important to the Jedi this boy is.?

?I don?t know why you keep saying that. He is no more important than anyone else and to set him apart would only inflate his ego.?

?No bigger than yours it would be,? the tiny Master retorted. ?An ego the child does not have. A humble spirit that wants to serve, he is. He can not fight against the ignorance and short sightedness of others, not alone. Our help he needs.?

?So I keep being reminded. What if he doesn?t want our help??

?Begging for help, he is,? Yoda countered. ?Deaf we have become.?

Mace sighed and returned his gaze to the busy airways of Coruscant. ?I will listen to what Padawan Kenobi has to say. He will have an opportunity to convince me and the other members of the Council why he should remain with the Jedi.?

The dark skinned Master slightly flinched when Yoda firmly tapped his gimer stick against the floor, accentuating every word he spoke.

?The only reason you need is that it is the will of the Force that the boy stay among the Jedi! Cast aside your opinions and listen to the Force! Obstinate you are being!?

?I?m just being cautious,? Mace replied defensively.

He heard the elder Jedi sigh in frustration. Mace did not like arguing with Yoda; they had been through much together. However when it came to Obi-Wan Kenobi, they had always been on opposite sides. He hoped that after all this was over, that he and Yoda would be able to reclaim their friendship. Only time would tell.

?We better reconvene the Council. We still have several testimonies to hear. Do you know when Padawan Kenobi will be able to testify??

?When Master Nathe releases him.?

?And when will that be?? Mace inquired.

?I do not know. When he is satisfied that Obi-Wan is strong enough.?

It was Master Windu?s turn to sigh. ?Very well,? he finally consented. ?We will reconvene in five minutes.?

?Go ahead without me,? Yoda instructed as he turned to leave the Council chambers.

?What? Where are you going??

?Need me you do not. A visit I need to make.?

?You?re going to see Padawan Kenobi, aren?t you?? Mace?s tone was accusatory as he questioned his old friend.

?Yes. Something you have to say about it?? the small Jedi challenged.

?No, Master Yoda. How long w

25. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Yoda is awesome! :D He's going to, with the help of the Force, make the council see exactly why Obi-Wan needs to be trained. Hopefully they will also show them that his gift can be contained and controlled, if only they will teach him how.

Adi seems to be thinking more on the Jedi Code than about the two padawan's concerned. Siri and Obi-Wan have been through a lot because of Obi's former master, and I think Adi fails to see that in regard to their affection for one another. They need honest unbiased guidance, not discipline where their feelings are concerned.

Wonderful addition! [face_dancing] I can hardly wait for Obi-Wan's audience with the Council, as long as it goes well, mind you. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.