main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Best of Intentions (Obi-Qui, AU) Author note 8/7! Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    You never do actually mention what the council members see as the Force consumes Obi-wan....Might be interesting to see that :) Loving it. I knew there was a reason I always liked Yoda =D=

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    So Plo Koon did have a change of heart, I'm glad to hear it! [face_dancing] Loved this especially-- Satisfied that for now, he had made his peace with the Padawan, Plo Koon went his own way. He hoped that one day he would be able to sit down and talk with the apprentice in detail, but for now, he would strive to be half the Jedi that Obi-Wan Kenobi already was. [face_love] I'm glad the Force finally served him some humble pie, oh yeah! :cool:

I loved the banter between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan before the Council session.

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?I believe he was sincere. He seemed to be anyway.? The teen smiled at his mentor. ?Maybe all those lectures about not living in the past finally sank in.?

?It took long enough,? Qui-Gon jokingly replied.

?I better be careful. People may start confusing me with my ever obstinate Master,? the youth shot back. His eyes sparkled with amusement, thoroughly enjoying the light banter with his Master.

?It?s good to see you smile.?
    [face_love] Yes, indeed!

Loved the Council scene, but I'm finding myself liking Mace Windu less and less. [face_frustrated]

?I don?t know,? Obi-Wan admitted. ?I had to try. She?s my friend.?

?Are you sure that she isn?t something more special??
    :rolleyes: Is that really any of his business?

Obi-Wan placed his trembling hands over his ears to try and block out the voices in his mind. He could feel the Force gathering around him, both to comfort him and to protect him. The glass within the chambers began to rattle as the floor walls moaned in protest. The voices in his mind turned from pity and aversion to disbelief. [face_worried] So now they know what he's capable of, but hopefully they realize that they can't upset Obi without upsetting the Force even more! [face_shame_on_you]

He wasn?t sure when Yoda had approached him and laid his hand on his head, but he knew that he was now surrounded by the people that mattered the most. Right now, he didn?t care who else was in the room, as long as his Master and Master Yoda were there, he could handle whatever came his way. [face_love]

That was a great post, jedidas! [face_love] The perfect thing to come home to after another long day at work. :D

3. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    ohh nice. very interesting. I gather the end of the story is coming soon?

4. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow. Wonderful update. Very nice dialouge. Loved the line where Qui-gon states it wasn't his first or won't be his last reprimand from the Council. lol

Awesome chapter. Thanks.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. He just wants to be normal and the Force isn't letting him.

Great job! I wonder what's going to happen next!

6. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it.

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    They may have hooked the council, now they just need to reel them in. :)

Having seen the force in action through Obi-Wan, the council should now have a better understanding of why so many feel so strongly about the teen becoming a Jedi Knight and in the process learning how to better control that which would otherwise control him. But what will they decide? [face_thinking]

Obi-Wan did really well under Mace's scrutiny. He even withstood the Master's inquisition as to his relationship with Siri. He behaved like the Jedi Knight he was born to be.

8. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    Poor Obi-Wan. I think Jedi compassion has escaped some on the Council. Forget the possible danger to those in the Temple, would they really throw him out and subject all the non Force users out there to the threat or leave Obi-Wan condemned to not be trained to use the power he obviously has? Seems like Mace needs to do a little meditating.

9. aquamarineblue

aquamarineblue Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Excellent couple of posts. Particulalrly the last one. Very nice foreshadowing of Obi-Wan's personality and future ways and skills. The part with Qui-Gon praising him sincerely and powerfully when he shows Plo-Koon understanding was great. Also, Qui-Gon using the moment and pushing Obi's trust in him at the most adventageous--albeit dangerous--moment was really cool. He got away with it a little too easily, though;)

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent post.=D=

I wonder why Mace cannot see Obi-Wan as Plo Koon now sees him.
    He seems to be blocking his mind against Obi-Wan, no matter what.[face_talk_hand]

What a terrible trial they are putting him through.[face_shame_on_you]

Hopefully Mace will come to his senses, dont forget there is an evil man out there waiting for Obi-Wan.[face_worried]

=D= [:D]

11. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    ?Perhaps you should look at things from my perspective, Master Windu. I didn?t ask for nor do I want this power. I want to be a normal Jedi Padawan, but I can?t. The Force did this to me and you can accept it or not. It doesn?t matter to me. I am who I am and I can not change that.?

He was so focused on the Korun Master that he did not pay attention to the silent exchange between Master Yoda and Qui-Gon. The frustration that Obi-Wan was feeling could easily be sensed by the various Council members. The teen sensed his Master?s presence in his mind as Qui-Gon began taking down the shields that he had constructed earlier.

//Master?//

//Trust me.//

The thoughts of the Council began to invade his mind. His gaze fell to the various members as he heard their private comments. Several of them were agreeing with Master Windu while others actually pitied him.

?I don?t need your pity,? Obi-Wan snapped. ?I?m not asking for pity! I?m asking for a chance!?

The teen?s voice quivered as he sank to his knees. ?I just want a chance. I can learn. Why won?t you give me a chance?? he cried out.

Obi-Wan placed his trembling hands over his ears to try and block out the voices in his mind. He could feel the Force gathering around him, both to comfort him and to protect him. The glass within the chambers began to rattle as the floor walls moaned in protest. The voices in his mind turned from pity and aversion to disbelief.

?Not again!? Obi-Wan screamed over the deafening sounds of the chamber as tiny cracks began to appear in the walls and the floor. ?What are you trying to do me? Help me!? the teen sobbed.

He suddenly felt the hands of his Master cupping his tear-stained face.

?Obi-Wan, look at me!? the Jedi instructed. ?Look at me!?

The teen could tell the Master was reconstructing the shields in his mind so he would no longer have to hear the thoughts of the Council members. It was then he recognized the familiar presence of Master Yoda as the elder Jedi began to help him harness the power that wanted to consume him. It was as if a warm blanket was covering him, encouraging him to snuggle down in its warmth.

Wow.. That's a powerfull peice. I truly hope that Mace sees that Obi-Wan is helpless in this. It dosn't help me that I love Mace and in here I can actually see him acting like this.. Urgh. It really makes me want to beat some sense into the council and if someone gets hurt, so be it!
    =]

Oh my goodness..
    I've read this one and the one before it in the last three days and FINALLY caught up with you!
    I just have to say that this is definatly one of the best stories I've read in ages, and one of my faves!
    I can't wait for the update so keep them coming!
    Great job!

12. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Plo Koon actually defending Obi-Wan? :eek: Oooh, this is very good...

No, no, no! You can't end a section like that! I want to know what happens now!! [face_worried] [face_worried]

Very good update! :D

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    After all this time dislikng and distaining Plo Koon, I find it diffficult to immediately change my mind about him. Guess I'm not as forgiving as Obi-Wan. ;)

Awesme post!

14. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Ack, I can't believe I've missed all these posts! :oops: Sorry- DRL has been nasty. :(

Phenomenal job in these last few posts! Wow. This is really incredible. You did Obi-Wan's testimony brilliantly. Now all that remains is for the council to see sense... which they seem to have extreme difficulty doing, except for Yoda. [face_frustrated] So much for Jedi compassion and understanding... :mad:

Excellent job! Looking forward to more! =D=

PM list please?

15. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    ZaraValinor: Obi-Wan needs all the allies he can get.

Yes, he does! Thanks so much for reading! [:D]

callista_gseran: You never do actually mention what the council members see as the Force consumes Obi-wan....Might be interesting to see that Loving it. I knew there was a reason I always liked Yoda

You'll get to see what the Council members saw in the next post. As for Yoda, what's not to like? :D

Bastet: Loved the Council scene, but I'm finding myself liking Mace Windu less and less.

Mace will get his own serving of humble pie before too much longer.;)

So now they know what he's capable of, but hopefully they realize that they can't upset Obi without upsetting the Force even more!

And they don't want to upset the Force! :D

That was a great post, jedidas! The perfect thing to come home to after another long day at work.

[face_blush] Thank you so much for your kind words!

JediKaren: I gather the end of the story is coming soon?

Probably sooner than most people think, but I'm pretty sure that there will be a sequel set in the future years with Obi and Ani.

Cole_Kenobi: Loved the line where Qui-gon states it wasn't his first or won't be his last reprimand from the Council. lol

He was only speaking the truth! [face_laugh]

dianethx: Great job! I wonder what's going to happen next!

That's the good thing about being my Master...you'll get to find out before everyone else! Thanks so much for all you do.[:D]

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you so much.[face_blush]

bek: They may have hooked the council, now they just need to reel them in.

Yep and that's about to happen in the next post.

Having seen the force in action through Obi-Wan, the council should now have a better understanding of why so many feel so strongly about the teen becoming a Jedi Knight and in the process learning how to better control that which would otherwise control him. But what will they decide?

That's probably coming in the next post as well.;)

Obi-Wan did really well under Mace's scrutiny. He even withstood the Master's inquisition as to his relationship with Siri. He behaved like the Jedi Knight he was born to be.

That's our Obi![face_love]

Magier: Poor Obi-Wan. I think Jedi compassion has escaped some on the Council. Forget the possible danger to those in the Temple, would they really throw him out and subject all the non Force users out there to the threat or leave Obi-Wan condemned to not be trained to use the power he obviously has? Seems like Mace needs to do a little meditating.

Mace and the Council will come to that realization. Of course, Mace may have to mediate for years to get over this! ;)

aquamarineblue: Excellent couple of posts. Particulalrly the last one. Very nice foreshadowing of Obi-Wan's personality and future ways and skills. The part with Qui-Gon praising him sincerely and powerfully when he shows Plo-Koon understanding was great. Also, Qui-Gon using the moment and pushing Obi's trust in him at the most adventageous--albeit dangerous--moment was really cool. He got away with it a little too easily, though;)

Thank you so much.[:D] I'm so glad you enjoyed them. The trust that Obi-Wan now has in Qui-Gon has come a long way since the first story, so maybe that seems why he could do it so easily. ;)

Gkilkenny: Hopefully Mace will come to his senses, dont forget there is an evil man out there waiting for Obi-Wan.

Mace will come around just as Plo Koon did, but there will still be the question in the back of his mind whether they did the right thing or not. Obi-Wan still has a lot to prove. [face_worried]

monkeykelci: Wow.. That's a powerfull peice. I truly hope that Mace sees that Obi-Wan is helpless in this. It dosn't help me that I love Mace and in here I ca

16. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    [face_blush]
    *slaps self*

I read the chapter, but never left a reply - tsk tsk.

Just want to say: wonderful update!
    Can't wait for the new one....

17. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Qui-Gina-Jinn: I do that stuff all the time. Thank you for your kind words.[:D] I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

As promised, the next post is up. Just two or three more chapters to go!

Part 49

The members of the Council watched with great interest as Master Jinn and Master Healer Nathe assisted Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Council chambers. The young man had been weakened by his experience, his complete exhaustion felt by everyone in the room. They had each been a witness to something magnificent, yet they were at a loss to explain what exactly had happened.

As the Force began to consume the teen, a brilliance had surrounded Obi-Wan that could not be seen with the naked eye, but they could sense it within themselves. The light known as Obi-Wan Kenobi nearly blinded them.

They had felt the magnitude of the young man?s power as the floor began to quake and the windows started to rattle. The Council realized that if obi-Wan had unleashed the full impact of his power, the damage done to the chambers and to themselves could have been catastrophic. The Council members didn?t feel that the youth would hurt them intentionally, but the Padawan had warned them that he could not control it. Now they understood.

As the door closed, the various members fixed their gaze on the two senior Councilors. An eerie silence filled the room as they waited for either Master Yoda or Master Windu to speak. They were very much aware of how Yoda felt and were now inclined to agree with the elder Jedi. However, Master Windu was a formidable man who could be very persuasive when he firmly believed that he was right.

?A decision we must make,? Yoda announced as he took his seat. ?Seen you have why the boy should remain. Is there any further discussion??

?I would like to say something.? Mace Windu cleared his throat as the other members of the Council patiently waited for the Master to begin.

?Proceed, Master Windu. Listen we shall.?

?Thank you, Master Yoda.?

The Council could sense the reluctance on Mace?s part as he blew out a breath and met their gaze with his own dark eyes. They wondered if he had been as amazed by what they had seen as they were.

?I?m not exactly sure where to start,? the Councilor began. ?All of a sudden I?m not sure of anything. I thought that I had everything figured out, including what to do with Padawan Kenobi. I had seen the effects of his power before, but it wasn?t until I saw what the Force demanded of that boy did I realize how hardened I had become.

?As Jedi, we have the Force at our disposal. However, Padawan Kenobi is at the beckon call of the Force. The Force literally speaks through this young man. Yoda and Qui-Gon were right. Padawan Kenobi needs our help and our protection. Until he learns how to control this gift of the Force, he is susceptible to those who would not have his best interests in mind.

?I was wrong and that is difficult for me to admit. I am still uncertain of the Padawan?s place in the Jedi Order, but the Force has ordained that he should remain. As a Jedi, I must follow the will of the Force. We must all follow its will.?

One by one, the Council members nodded in agreement. They had all learned something today; not only about Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Force, but about themselves as well.

?Well said, Master Windu,? the ancient Master applauded. ?Searched your feelings you have. Do the same others must. Follow our example they will. Now that we have agreed that Padawan Kenobi should remain in the Order, decide how best to help the boy we must.?

The Council began to quietly discuss the future of Obi-Wan Kenobi. There were no words of anger or bitterness, only words of hope as an undivided Council considered what they could do to help this young man that was cherished by the Force.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon pulled the blanket up over his apprentice, making sure that the teen was warm and comfortable. As he studied the peaceful expression on the young man?s face, he couldn?t help but notice th

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow thank the force Mace came to his senses, and now they all
    want to help Obi-Wan.[face_dancing]

So only a few chapters left,:_| I am sad, this is a great story.=D=

Perhaps there may be a sequel about the trouble two
    young Padawans can get into because they love each other[face_idea] :oops:

And there is still some evil out there.[face_whistling]

Well done with this story, and thanks for pm-ing me with updates.:cool:

19. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Seeing is believing! Glad the Council came to their senses.

But now if it's not one thing, it's another! Poor Bant, having to be the go-between! Wonder if she knows what's going on?

21. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Yay, another great update! :D

Am glad the council and Mace in particular, seem to be coming to their senses about Obi-Wan :)

Wonder what will happen if either Adi or Qui-Gon figures out that Siri is sending notes and Obi-Wan is up to something.... [face_thinking]

Am sad there's only little left :(
    I love your writing so I, too, hope you'll do a sequel to the sequel ;)

22. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    //Imp.//

Awwwww..
    That is the best nickname that Qui-Gon will ever have..
    It's in so many stories, but every time I read him calling Obi that it just gives me warm fuzzies![face_blush]

I'm glad Qui came 'round with the secrets..
    [face_shame_on_you] Ahhh. Siri, Siri, Siri.. You're a JEDI, girlena.
    Make to most of it and act like Qui and Tahl..o_O
    Just don't get caught..:D

Fantastic update, jedidas![:D]
    I enjoyed it..
    I was on maybe the 85th page of fanfics and it just hit me that you were updating today!!:rolleyes:
    You made my day!

-waits impatiently for next update-
    =D= =D= =D=

23. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Uh oh, Obi's up to no good. Ahah. Lovely update. Poor Bant, always getting into the middle of things.

24. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    Oh boy... I can't tell whether good or bad is going to come from this thing between Obi-Wan and Siri... and I'm dearly hoping that Qui-Gon will handle it correctly if/when it comes up ...[face_praying]

But at least the council figured out Obi needs to stay with the Jedi. And I can't help but compare this situation to Anakin's in TPM...[face_thinking] I'm guessing you did that on purpose...

By any chance will Ani show up any at all in this version? :confused: I'm not overly fond of canon Ani, cuz, well, he turns into a Sith and all that, but in fanfiction he's pretty decent usually... but I still greatly prefer Obi-Wan. :D

25. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Woohoo, great update! [face_dancing]

Well, well, the Council has had a charge of heart, have they? [face_thinking] I'm glad Mace finally seems to have come to his senses! Hooray for humble pie! :p

?I was wrong and that is difficult for me to admit. I am still uncertain of the Padawan?s place in the Jedi Order, but the Force has ordained that he should remain. As a Jedi, I must follow the will of the Force. We must all follow its will.? [face_devil] Or else!

//I?m speaking with Master Ru?tan at the moment. She is a little upset that we failed to tell her that you were appearing before the Council.//

//Don?t let me interrupt. I?ll be right here when you?re done, Master. May the Force be with you, Master.//

//Imp.//
    [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan folded up the note as he stared at his friend. He had no right to involve Bant in what he was about to do, but the plan wouldn?t work without her assistance.

?Bant, you?ve got to help me??
    [face_thinking] What's he up to, I wonder? I hope it won't get him in trouble! [face_worried]

There's only two or three posts of this wonderful story left?! :_|

Well, at least the other story you're writing doesn't appear to be ending any time soon. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.