main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Best of Intentions (Obi-Qui, AU) Author note 8/7! Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Obi-Wan folded up the note as he stared at his friend. He had no right to involve Bant in what he was about to do, but the plan wouldn?t work without her assistance.

?Bant, you?ve got to help me??

It sounds like the old Obi-Wan is shining through. :D Hope whatever he has planned doesn't put him at odds with Qui-Gon. [face_worried]

I know this has been asked before, and I'm sure I've overlooked it somewhere, but how old are Obi-Wan and Siri?

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'm so glad Mace has come around. I hated him at odds with Yoda, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan. Wonderful update.

3. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Gkilkenny: So only a few chapters left, I am sad, this is a great story.

Thank you so much! [face_blush]

Perhaps there may be a sequel about the trouble two
    young Padawans can get into because they love each other

The sequel may not focus on that, but I'm sure young love will pop up somewhere.

And there is still some evil out there.

Absolutely...[face_devil]

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you so much! [:D]

ratna: Seeing is believing! Glad the Council came to their senses.

Yep! It's about time!;)

But now if it's not one thing, it's another! Poor Bant, having to be the go-between! Wonder if she knows what's going on?

LOL, she probably has a good idea. She should have just stayed home!;)

Qui-Gina-Jinn: Am sad there's only little left
    I love your writing so I, too, hope you'll do a sequel to the sequel

Thank you for your kind words! [face_love] A sequel to the sequel is in the works!

monkeykelci: Ahhh. Siri, Siri, Siri.. You're a JEDI, girlena.
    Make to most of it and act like Qui and Tahl..
    Just don't get caught..

[face_laugh]

Fantastic update, jedidas!
    I enjoyed it..
    I was on maybe the 85th page of fanfics and it just hit me that you were updating today!!
    You made my day!

Thank you so much! [:D]

Cole_Kenobi: Yep, Bant's going to wish that she just stayed home and took a nap!;)

Obi-Odd13: But at least the council figured out Obi needs to stay with the Jedi. And I can't help but compare this situation to Anakin's in TPM... I'm guessing you did that on purpose...

You'll find out soon!

By any chance will Ani show up any at all in this version? I'm not overly fond of canon Ani, cuz, well, he turns into a Sith and all that, but in fanfiction he's pretty decent usually... but I still greatly prefer Obi-Wan.

Ani will show up in the planned sequel when the time jumps ahead quite a few years. Truthfully, I prefer Obi as well! [face_love]

Bastet: There's only two or three posts of this wonderful story left?!

Well, at least the other story you're writing doesn't appear to be ending any time soon.

Nope and don't worry, this one will continue in the sequel. Also, I've got some other stories up my sleeve!;)

bek: It sounds like the old Obi-Wan is shining through. Hope whatever he has planned doesn't put him at odds with Qui-Gon.

Things will work out...hopefully[face_whistling]

I know this has been asked before, and I'm sure I've overlooked it somewhere, but how old are Obi-Wan and Siri?

Obi is 16 and Siri is almost 15.

ZaraValinor: Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it. [:D]

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope that each of you realize how much I appreciate your support and encouragement. I'll be working on the next post this weekend. Thanks again.[:D]

4. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Wow, awesome post!

I'm glad to know that Mace (finally) realized the importance of having Obi in the Order. That should make things a lot easier for him.

Excellent that Obi's midichlorians are up again! He is certainly recovering well. :)

Eeep. I'm worried about what Obi's plan is. I hope it will work... [face_praying]

Great job here! This is excellent! =D=

5. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Oh brilliant, this is the wrong time for one of Obi-Wan's clever schemes.:rolleyes:
    Yay, Mace has seen the light![face_dancing] Literally...[face_hypnotized]
    Keep up the great work!=D= =D= =D=

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can finally put my hammer away, now that Mace has come to his senses.

About time no where near covers it. :p

Excellent post.

7. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    wolf_kenobi: Thank you so much for your kind words. [face_blush] They are very much appreciated.

Blue_Lightsaber42: Oh brilliant, this is the wrong time for one of Obi-Wan's clever schemes.

Your right, but you know how young love is...;) Thank you so much for reading!

Healer_Leona: I can finally put my hammer away, now that Mace has come to his senses.

About time no where near covers it.

[face_laugh]

Thank you for reading and for your kind words! [:D]

The next post is almost done and then I'll have to send it to get proofed. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks so much for your patience and continued support![:D]

8. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    [face_excited]

-waits-[face_hypnotized]
    Only 24ish hours left.
    Breath, Kelci, Breath.;)

=]
    Hope to see that fantastic update soon.. [face_dancing]
    You got me all excited with the Author replies..[face_shame_on_you]
    =]

I can wait..:D
    But not for long![face_not_talking]
    XD

9. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    monkeykelci: The wait is over! ;) Here's the next post!

Part 50

Healer Miranda Ru?tan was not happy. She had just discovered that her young patient had appeared before the Council without consulting her. She wasn?t sure what Master Jinn and Master Yoda had hoped to prove by letting Obi-Wan give his testimony so soon, but she intended to find out. The soul healer had thought that she and Qui-Gon had come to an understanding; apparently she was wrong.

She glared at the Jedi Master standing before her, attempting to tamp down the frustration she was feeling towards Qui-Gon Jinn.

?Just answer this question,? Miranda began. ?Tell me what you were hoping to accomplish by letting Obi-Wan appear before the Council? He was not ready.?

?I think you?re underestimating him,? Qui-Gon softly answered, hoping to quell the healer?s anger. ?Actually, I think that we have all underestimated him.?

?You took a tremendous chance.?

?Believe me Master Ru?tan, if I thought that Obi-Wan was in any danger, I would have stopped the proceedings immediately. I had my doubts initially, but realized that perhaps allowing Obi-Wan to speak before the Council was the only way that they were going to see that he should be a Jedi. Besides, Master Yoda and Master Nathe were present.?

?Still, his mind could have irrevocably damaged. He wasn?t ready!?

?The ultimate decision was Obi-Wan?s. He has the right to make up his own mind.?

?You?re his Master; you could have told him no,? she argued.

?I suppose I could have, but then he would?ve felt that I didn?t trust him,? the Jedi countered. ?What would that have done to him? Do you realize how difficult it has been to gain that boy?s trust??

?I know, but??

?You truly have no idea. For every inch of ground I gain with him, I lose a foot. It has taken months to even begin to undo what that monster Elad did to him, so do not pretend to have any idea what we?ve been through!?

The soul healer was taken back by Qui-Gon?s abruptness. She had been right there with them, watching the Master and Padawan forge their relationship despite nearly impossible odds. Part of Miranda resented the Jedi Master for his insinuations. She did understand, perhaps not on a personal level, but professionally, she had watched their struggle to breach the chasm between them.

?I would have to disagree, Master Jinn,? she coolly replied. ?However, I?m not going to debate this with you. I just want what?s best for Obi-Wan.?

?As do I.?

Miranda couldn?t hide the smile that quickly spread across her face. She laughed as the tall Jedi Master stared at her; his expression was one of confusion.

?I think we?ve had this conversation before.?

It was only a few seconds before Qui-Gon?s smile matched her own.

?I think you?re right,? Qui-Gon grinned.

The healer tucked her hair behind her ears and then smoothed her robe. ?I apologize if I was out of line.?

?No apology is necessary,? the Jedi assured her. ?You are just looking out for Obi-Wan; how can I find fault with that? But, I do offer my apologies for my outburst. I know you want to help my apprentice and I should have at least informed you of our intentions. I will do my best in the future to be sure that you are aware of anything that could possibly affect his mental well being.?

?I guess there?s a reason why you are considered to be one of the best negotiators in the Jedi Temple; you certainly have a way with words,? Miranda said.

?Does that mean you?ll accept my apology??

?Of course. Thank you, Master Jinn.?

She started to leave, but a young Calamarian entering Obi-Wan?s room caught the healer?s attention.

?It looks like your Padawan has some company,? she commented.

?What??

Miranda pointed towards Padawan Eerin as the door closed behind her.

?He?s not really supposed to have visitors yet,? Qui-Gon mumbled to himself.

?I think that it would be fine. I have a feeling that Obi-Wan would enjoy a visit from one of his friends.?

?I suppose you?re r

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Obi-Wan better rein in that love of his for siri. The Jedi will never allow it, no matter what he wants. LOL on the mind healer being mad at Qui-Gon.

Good job.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It sounds like Obi-Wan will be allowed to remain - and then get himself and Siri kicked out. [face_laugh]

Wonderful update - loved the argument between Rutan and Qui, too.

Will there be a sequel - Obi-Wan confronting the true villain? There are still loose ends to tie up, you know. ;)

Wonderful update as always.

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Thank the force that Yoda and Mace are seeing Obi-Wan now.[face_idea]

He will find out that he is going to be a Jedi, before he sees Siri
    it will hopefully have a bearing on his decisions about her.;)

He wants to be a Jedi and so does Siri, lets hope they make the right decision.

Lovely update and I sense it is soon to be over,

luckily you have another new story for us to read over on the saga.

Well done with this =D=

13. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    //I think I?ve lost my appetite again.//
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How could OBI-WAN loose his appetite?
    It's not possible!:)

Fantastic update, Jedidas!
    =D= [face_dancing] [:D] :D

I loved the little bit with Miranda and Qui-Gon..[face_blush]
    Seems that they're finally getting to where they understand the other's devotion to solving this.=D=
    Hopefully Mace and Yoda carry at least MOSTLY good news.. [face_worried]
    I hate it when Obi's hurt, even if it does make a good fanfic. =D[face_laugh]

Update soon!

Annnd, could you add me to your PM list, if you have one?;)
    Thanks!

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Another wonderful update! [face_love]

So now Yoda is going to make Mace choke on his humble pie, I love it! :D

I just hope Obi doesn't go and get himself in big trouble after all this! [face_shame_on_you] But I don't think it'll be too easy to ditch Qui-Gon anyway. o_O

Can't wait for more! :D

15. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post! =D=

It looks like Obi is going to be able to stay in the order! [face_dancing] Yay!

But his relationship with Siri has the potential to destroy everything he and Qui have achived...[face_worried]

I can only hope it turns out well. [face_praying]

Great job! Looking forward to more. :)

16. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    Oh boy. I have a feeling Obi-Wan's gonna get to stay :) , but the whole deal with Siri is making me nervous.[face_worried] As much as I want to see Obi-Wan happy, and feeling safe, I can't help but think that trying to be together with Siri is just going to cause him more pain in the end, even if by some completely bizarre twist of fate that would be totally off-base the Jedi Order allowed their love...:(

It may sound kinda mean, but I kinda hope Siri and Obi can acknowlege the fact they can never be together and reconcile with the fact that they are Jedi...:( [face_praying]

17. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I am pulling my "I'm being buried alive under school work" card for now, sorry that this isn't a good reply, but know I liked the updates. :)

18. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    dianethx: Obi-Wan better rein in that love of his for siri. The Jedi will never allow it, no matter what he wants. LOL on the mind healer being mad at Qui-Gon.

He and Siri will have to reach an understanding...glad you liked the healer part. It was fun to write.

Good job.

Thank you, Master![:D]

Valairy_Scot: Will there be a sequel - Obi-Wan confronting the true villain? There are still loose ends to tie up, you know.

Yes, there is a sequel in the works that will tie up the loose ends. It is set in the future, but don't worry, you'll get to see Qui-Gon too. ;)

Wonderful update as always.

Thank you, my friend! [:D]

Gkilkenny: Lovely update and I sense it is soon to be over,

luckily you have another new story for us to read over on the saga.

This story is almost over, but it does have a sequel! Thanks for the promo on the new story. I'm glad you're enjoying it! [:D]

monkeykelci: Thank you so much for your kind words and I'd be happy to add you to the PM list. Thanks for asking![:D]

Bastet: I just hope Obi doesn't go and get himself in big trouble after all this! But I don't think it'll be too easy to ditch Qui-Gon anyway.

Nope, his Master is too smart to be ditched! :D Thank you for your kind words.

wolf_kenobi: Thanks so much! I'm working on the next post!

Obi-Odd13: It may sound kinda mean, but I kinda hope Siri and Obi can acknowlege the fact they can never be together and reconcile with the fact that they are Jedi...

It's not mean...just realistic!;)

silverfighter: I am pulling my "I'm being buried alive under school work" card for now, sorry that this isn't a good reply, but know I liked the updates.

No problem, take care of your school work. These updates will still be here! Thanks so much for your support! Good luck! [face_good_luck]

Thanks again for all your encouragement. Between my youngling's third birthday and my nephew's graduation, I will do my best to find time to work on the next part. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    You just had to end it before we found out what will happen to Obi-Wan. I'm on the edge of my seat.

20. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Now that Qui-Gon intends to be a tagalong during Obi-Wan's outing with Garen, I wonder if Obi will still go through with his plan or ditch it for now. [face_thinking]

And how will the Council's decision affect Obi-Wan's outlook on his and Siri's relationship? Hmmm, so many questions. :)

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't help but think he'd better be allowed to stay.

22. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    ZaraValinor: You just had to end it before we found out what will happen to Obi-Wan. I'm on the edge of my seat.

:D Sorry about that...here's the next post just for you!

bek: Now that Qui-Gon intends to be a tagalong during Obi-Wan's outing with Garen, I wonder if Obi will still go through with his plan or ditch it for now.

Don't worry, Qui-Gon already has it figured out! ;)

And how will the Council's decision affect Obi-Wan's outlook on his and Siri's relationship? Hmmm, so many questions.

You'll get your answers in the next post. By the way, I love your new story over on Saga! Wow!=D=

Healer_Leona: Can't help but think he'd better be allowed to stay.

Read on! ;)

Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement. Believe it or not, after this one, there is one post left, then it's off to start the sequel to the sequel! LOL Again, my deepest thanks to each of you. [:D]

Part 51

Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if he was ready to hear the Council?s decision. The fact that Master Windu had accompanied Master Yoda did not make him feel any better. The teen felt Qui-Gon?s soothing presence and drew from the comfort of his Master?s touch. He nervously licked his lips as his gaze fell on Master Yoda. He wished that he could sense something from the elder Jedi, but there was nothing but the usual serenity that seemed to always surround Yoda.

?Anxious you are,? the tiny Jedi observed.

?Yes, Master,? the teen admitted, wanting the Jedi would simply tell him if he was going to be allowed to remain in the Temple. But he knew that Yoda never made things simple, he much preferred to make one ponder and search their feelings. Right now, Obi-Wan?s emotions were in such turmoil that he didn?t think he could possibly sort them out.

?Worried you are.?

?Yes, Master.?

?Release your cares to the Force you should,? Yoda stated.

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan was becoming irritated at the grand Master and his games. He knew that Qui-Gon could very easily sense his annoyance through their bond. The teen didn?t have to look at his Master to know that he was wearing just a hint of a smile on his face.

//This isn?t funny, Master.//

//Of course not, Padawan.//

//Then stop smirking.//

//Sorry, Padawan. It?s just a nice to see that Master Yoda is able to get under somebody else?s skin besides mine. I used to think that he reserved that special treatment for me. It?s nice to know that he isn?t playing favorites.//

//I?m so glad that my discomfort could bring you such happiness, Master.//

//Imp.//

//I?ve been told that I?m a lot like my Master.//

//Who would tell you such a thing?//

//There?s Master Tahl, Master Ru?tan, Master?//

//I get the picture.//

The sound of Master Yoda?s gimer stick tapping the floor forced Obi-Wan to focus on the ancient Jedi Master impatiently demanding his attention.

?Interrupting you and your Master, am I??

?No, Master Yoda. Forgive me,? Obi-Wan replied. ?My Master was only trying to help me find my center.?

?A good Master he is.?

Obi-Wan grinned and nodded. ?Yes, he is. A very good one.?

?Would you like to keep him?? Yoda inquired.

?Yes, I would, Master Yoda.?

?Hmm?very well. A good Padawan he needs. Lazy he has become in his old age. Someone to keep him on his toes, he needs. Do you feel that you can handle this task??

?Yes, Master Yoda.? Obi-Wan couldn?t help but enjoy the tiny Master?s warped humor now that it was directed at Qui-Gon instead of himself.

?Then remain in the Order you shall. A great task you have ahead of you in being the Padawan of Qui-Gon Jinn,? Yoda said.

Obi-Wan stared at the Jedi Master in disbelief. ?Does this mean that I?m actually going to be able to stay??

?Stay in the Jedi Order you will,? the small Master declared.

The teen wasn?t sure how he was supposed to react to the news. Part of him wanted to shout out lou

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    //Courage, Padawan. Seek the Force, it will not lead you astray.//

Obi-Wan felt Yoda pat his leg. ?Await your decision, I do.?

The youth respectfully bowed his head as Master Yoda climbed down and left him alone with Qui-Gon. After the door closed, Obi-Wan let his head fall back on the pillows.

?I don?t know if I can do this. I don?t think I can break her heart again,? he mumbled.

?As a Jedi, the first lesson that you must learn is that life constantly presents us with difficult choices, choices that we necessarily do not want to make. But that is when you must trust in the Force for its guidance. Do not follow your heart in this, follow the Force. What is it telling you??

There was no mistaking what the Force was telling him to do; Obi-Wan just wasn?t sure that he could obey its command.

:_| But he doesn't have to actually break her heart - just tell her they're young and for now they have to concentrate on other things. Sure, it won't be easy and it'll still hurt. Just let them love each other without being together and seek solace in the Force. Love tucked within the heart can remain, for as much as young love aches, mature love will warm (or so I'd like to believe).

24. aquamarineblue

aquamarineblue Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Thanks again for this story. It reaches beyond the Star Wars universe.

Good that Obi-Wan gets to stay, and I hope the sequel describes some of that "training" you refer to with Qui-gon and Yoda.

I do wonder how one--even a Jedi--learns to tell the difference between their "heart" and "the force"?
    It would seem this would be especially difficult.

25. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Good, Obi-Wan gets to stay. But I'm so sorry for their realtionship. She has been his rock through the terrible experience with his former Master. I only wish the Jedi had learned the difference between feeling emotions and letting them dominate your every decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.