main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Best of Intentions (Obi-Qui, AU) Author note 8/7! Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    We have to talk.

[faces_shudders]

Aagh..
    Lucky girl, not knowing what horrible tides that brings..
    Hopefully Obi-Wan'll make the right choice about Siri..

That was fantastic, jedidas, I loved it..
    The relationship between Obi and Qui keeps on growing and I just LOVE it.
    Update soon!

2. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Awesome update :) Can't wait to see how their talk turns out :D

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Well, I'm glad Obi didn't get himself into trouble with his scheming, but since Qui knew all along, I guess I really didn't have to worry anyway. 8-}

*Sigh* Young love. :( I hope Siri and Obi do the right thing, since unfortunately the Jedi won't let them have their cakes and eat them too. (Like someone else I won't mention tried to do... [face_frustrated])

I can't wait to see what happens, and I'm already looking forward to the sequel! :D

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

They both know that their place is with the Jedi.
    You have written their angst about the situation well.
    I am sure there will be tears, but they will do what is right.:_|

Wonderful post.=D=

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Obi-Wan didn't resist when she leaned up and kissed him. The feel of her delicate lips against his was almost too much for him to bear. He wanted to gather her in his arms and never let her go, but instead he pulled away from her and stared into her beautiful eyes.

?We have to talk.?

Those four dreaded words. I am glad that Obi realizes what he has to do but will he do it? After all, he's young and in love and the Order hasn't been exactly nice to him

Great job.

6. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    It seems as though Obi has already made his decision. I think this is going to be hard for Siri, but I hope that she will see that Obi-Wan needs to be trained and stay with the Jedi.

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Poor kids; just when it seems things are getting back on track for them, something happens to cause another detour. :(

This trip may be just what Obi-Wan needs. :)

8. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Wow! What a great post! They Yoda/Obi/Qui banter was great. Mace's apology was excellent, as well. Its sad that Obi and Siri will have to be apart. :_| Poor kids...

Well done! I will be sad when this story ends. :(

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhh, so full of angst. But terribly well written.

Mace apology also helps to not think him such a dumb***. ;)

10. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: But he doesn't have to actually break her heart - just tell her they're young and for now they have to concentrate on other things. Sure, it won't be easy and it'll still hurt. Just let them love each other without being together and seek solace in the Force. Love tucked within the heart can remain, for as much as young love aches, mature love will warm (or so I'd like to believe).

Don't worry my friend, things will work out...maybe not like Obi and Siri think they should, but it will work out. After all, there is a sequel! ;)

aquamarineblue: Good that Obi-Wan gets to stay, and I hope the sequel describes some of that "training" you refer to with Qui-gon and Yoda.

Yep, you'll get to see it in the sequel.

I do wonder how one--even a Jedi--learns to tell the difference between their "heart" and "the force"? It would seem this would be especially difficult.

That's one of the things Obi will have to work on.

ZaraValinor: Good, Obi-Wan gets to stay. But I'm so sorry for their realtionship. She has been his rock through the terrible experience with his former Master.

Don't worry...don't forget the sequel is coming up. She will continue to serve as his rock!

monkeykelci: That was fantastic, jedidas, I loved it.. The relationship between Obi and Qui keeps on growing and I just LOVE it.

Thank you for your kind words! [:D]

callista_gseran: Thank you. I've worked all weekend on their talk.

Bastet: *Sigh* Young love. I hope Siri and Obi do the right thing, since unfortunately the Jedi won't let them have their cakes and eat them too. (Like someone else I won't mention tried to do... )

Now, who would you be talking about? ;)

I can't wait to see what happens, and I'm already looking forward to the sequel!

Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to writing it as well.

Gkilkenny: I am sure there will be tears, but they will do what is right.

Tears galore. :_| Thank you for your kind words!

dianethx: Those four dreaded words. I am glad that Obi realizes what he has to do but will he do it? After all, he's young and in love and the Order hasn't been exactly nice to him

You've got a point...but then again, he wants to be a Jedi. But the good news is that you'll be the first to know. Thank you so much for all you do, Master.[:D]

Magier: Don't worry, they both will make a very wise decision. I hope! ;)

bek: Poor kids; just when it seems things are getting back on track for them, something happens to cause another detour.

Sounds like real life, doesn't it?

This trip may be just what Obi-Wan needs.

He will grow a lot in his time away from the Temple, which you will find out in the sequel.

wolf_kenobi: Don't be too sad. There's a sequel!;)

Healer_Leona: Thank you so much. [:D]

I've been working all weekend on the last chapter and hopefully you'll get in the next couple of days. It needs a little more tweeking. Thank you all for your support and your patience. I'm so honored to have such loyal readers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart![face_love]

11. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Here it is! The final post of "The Best of Intentions." I can't believe that this part is actually over. Anyway, not to worry, plans are well underway for the sequel. Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement throughout this endeavor. I can't begin to tell you how much I truly appreciate your loyalty and friendship. [:D] I hope you enjoy it!

Part 52

Obi-Wan wished that she wouldn?t look at him like that. He didn?t want to see the pain that would soon replace the sparkle that was usually present in her lovely eyes. He swallowed hard, ignoring the lump that had formed in his throat. He couldn?t do this! Why did he have to choose? Siri had been the one constant in his life and now he was supposed to cast that aside and move on without her.

?Obi-Wan? What is it?? Siri gently asked.

The sound of her voice nearly shattered his heart. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever, hiding from the demands of reality, but the words of his Master played in his mind. Obi-Wan knew that because he did love Siri, he would have to let her go.

?What?s the matter?? she repeated, a bit more strongly. ?You are getting to stay, right??

?Yes,? he mumbled.

?Then what?s wrong??

Taking a deep breath, Obi-Wan reached out and took Siri?s hand. ?In order to stay,? he began, ?I have to go away for a while with my Master and Master Yoda. They will be teaching me to control whatever this power is, as well as overseeing my other training.

?Where are you going??

?I don?t know yet. Evidently, the Council doesn?t want a whole lot of people to know where I?ll be.?

?They think you?re still in danger,? Siri said.

Obi-Wan heard the slight quiver in her voice. He was aware that she was trying to be strong for him and part of him felt ashamed. He wanted to be strong for her; he needed to be strong for her.

The young man shrugged. ?I don?t know. They probably just don?t me around the Temple until I can control my powers. I?ve already destroyed one room and wreaked havoc in the Council chambers. I?m sure that council doesn?t want to redecorate the Temple every time I have an emotional blow out,? Obi-Wan teased, hoping to lighten the somber mood between them. His attempt at humor failed miserably.

?That?s not funny,? Siri retorted.

He squeezed her hand. ?I?m sorry. I just didn?t want you to worry.?

?Of course I?m going to worry about you. I love you.?

Obi-Wan closed his eyes. She had said those three words that he longed to hear. Knowing that Siri loved him had kept him pushing forward when he had wanted to give up.

?I love you, too,? he quietly assured her.

?Then why do I feel as if there is a big but coming??

He shook his head. ?There?s a possibility that I?ll be gone for at least a year, maybe more. Master Qui-Gon and Master Yoda are concerned that I will not be truly focused on my training because??

?Because of me,? she finished.

?Because of how much I love you.? Obi-Wan ran his hand through his hair. ?I thought I could do this, but I can?t lose you.?

?You?ll never lose me,? Siri vowed.

?The Jedi aren?t going to change their rules for us. We have to make a choice.?

?I know.?

The two Padawans sat in silence, neither one wanting to go any further on this path that they were being forced to walk. If Obi-Wan could have made time still so they wouldn?t have to face the truth, he would have without a second thought. He brushed a stray tear from Siri?s cheek.

?Please don?t cry,? he pleaded.

?I can?t help it. I know what we have to do and it?s breaking my heart. We have to say goodbye.?

?No!? Obi-Wan cried out. ?Not goodbye.?

?We have to,? Siri argued.

?No. If it means losing you??

Obi-Wan fought back his own tears as Siri placed her soft fingertips on his lips. Staring at her delicate features, all the reasons that he had fallen in love with her came flooding back to him. Her determination, her love of life, the way her eyes twinkled when she laughed at his corny jokes, the way she

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    =D= A smile spread across his face as he felt the Force wrap its arms around him, embracing him, whispering to him that all would be well, and for the first time in his life, he truly believed that he was exactly where he should be. He was following the path the Force had set before him. His road had not been easy and with the future always in motion, he was sure that there would be more difficult times. But now, he knew that he had the strength to face his future and would do so with a fervor and determination worthy of a Jedi.

Aw, how heartbreaking and yet hopeful. They will be together, but not now, not yet. I'm so glad the Force soothed him at the end.

There can?t be an us. At least now right now,? she grinned.

He drew Siri to him and wrapped his arms around her petite frame. ?I?ll keep you in my heart,? Obi-Wan softly murmured into her ear.

?You better, Kenobi.?

?When I come back??

?I?ll be waiting.?

Obi-Wan lifted her chin until their lips met. Their love for each other was manifested in a single kiss, mingled with tears. They both knew that this would be the last kiss, the last time that they held each other, and the last time they would utter the words, I love you, for a long while.

When Siri pulled away from him, he felt as if she was taking his heart with her. His hand clutched his chest as she began to slowly back away from him.

?You concentrate on being a Jedi. Our time will come,? she said with confidence.

Gee, maybe that'll be in my story :D [face_talk_hand] - no, of course I wouldn't hijack your Siriwan for my own purposes.

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Nice ending.

... Or is it beginning...?

[face_thinking] Only time will tell.=D=

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Siri are stronger than they themselves know. :) They both made a difficult but mature decision. I hope the force sees to it that they're time does come. [face_praying]

What a wonderful ending! =D= I can't wait for the sequel! Will it be up soon? o_O

Please put me on the PM list for the sequel too. ;)

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wonderful! [face_love]

Aww, that was a sad goodbye for Obi and Siri. :( But I'm glad they did the right thing, Obi not being a Jedi would be unthinkable! :eek: (Especially since that evil dude would kidnap him five minutes after they left the Temple together [face_worried])

I loved how Obi finally felt at peace and that he was exactly where he needed to be at the end. [face_love]

That was a very nice ending to a very awesome story, thank you so much for sharing it with us! [:D]

And I would love to be on your PM list for the sequel! :D

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    ?I will consult with Master Yoda. I think the sooner we leave, the better. I still sense something is not right,? Qui-Gon proclaimed.

Qui-Gon has a feeling something is not right because jedidas3 is not finished with him, and is preparing him for the sequel.o_O

He just wished that the nagging feeling in the back of his mind would go away. He quickly dismissed those thoughts as he once again closed his eyes.
    Obi-Wan has a nagging feeling because the author is going to send more trials and tribulations his way.:p

I loved this story as I love all your stories, and I am looking forward to the sequel.

[face_love] :cool: =D= [face_dancing] =D=

17. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Wow! What a stunning way to close this incredible story. =D= This has been a fantastic ride, and I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel- please put me on the PM list.

18. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    *cries*

Aww it was sooo good! I wish it didn't have to end. Hopefully the training in the next one will be well thought out and not rushed. Thank you for writing this. I know this was a lot of work for you.

19. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    So sad. I'm a huge Obi-Wan/Siri fan. And it was so hard to see them part. But I have a feeling that they will be seeing each other sooner than they think. Will you put me on a PM list for the sequel?

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *heavy sigh* If only thing could have been differnt for them. :( :(

21. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I am so excited to see what it is you have up your sleeve for a sequel. :D

I really liked how you ended this, though. Not really a happy ending, but not a tragic one either. Although I wouldn't at all mind the latter ( [face_devil]), I still really like this bittersweetness you did. :)

Good job on this story! Loved every bit of it. [:D]

22. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Gee, maybe that'll be in my story - no, of course I wouldn't hijack your Siriwan for my own purposes.

[face_laugh] Help yourself! Thank you so much my friend for sticking with me and this story. You are a treasure! [:D]

ratna: Nice ending. ... Or is it beginning...?

It's just beginning. Thank you so much for reading this story! [:D]

bek: Obi-Wan and Siri are stronger than they themselves know. They both made a difficult but mature decision. I hope the force sees to it that they're time does come.

Yes, their time does come!

What a wonderful ending! I can't wait for the sequel! Will it be up soon?

First post is up today!

Please put me on the PM list for the sequel too.

Consider it done! Thank you so much for asking. I appreciate all your support and encouragement! [:D]

Bastet: I loved how Obi finally felt at peace and that he was exactly where he needed to be at the end.

It took a lot for Obi to realize it, but he will accept that it was a good decision.

That was a very nice ending to a very awesome story, thank you so much for sharing it with us!

And I would love to be on your PM list for the sequel!

Thank you so much for reading it and I will be glad to add your name to the PM list! :)

Gkilkenny: Qui-Gon has a feeling something is not right because jedidas3 is not finished with him, and is preparing him for the sequel.

[face_laugh]

Obi-Wan has a nagging feeling because the author is going to send more trials and tribulations his way.

[face_laugh] I don't know why you would think such a thing! [face_devil]

wolf_kenobi: Thank you so much for your kind words! [:D] Thanks for asking to be added to the PM list...consider it done!

JediKaren: Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy the sequel as well.

ZaraValinor: But I have a feeling that they will be seeing each other sooner than they think. Will you put me on a PM list for the sequel?

Your feelings are on target and I'd be happy to PM you! Thanks for asking! [:D]

Healer_Leona: Thank you so much! I appreciate your support and encouragement during this story.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who read this story and encouraged me while I was writing it. You all are a very special group of people and I'm so honored to have you as my readers. I've finished the first part of the sequel and it can be found in The Saga forum. It is called "Lessons Learned." Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart![face_love]

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    You are a fantastic author and your stories are very interesting
    especially because they have Obi-Wan in them.

Well done.[:D]

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the whole thing but my favorite part on the last post was this.

Obi-Wan felt Qui-Gon gently squeeze his arm. ?Your future is waiting for you. Don?t allow what ifs and what could have been to cloud it. You will be a great Jedi and I am honored to be your Master. Together, we will walk the road the Force has set before us.?

?Together,? Obi-Wan whispered.

Together indeed! [face_love]

Great job.

25. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. add me to the sequel's pm list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.