main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Best of Us - J/J, Han - post-NJO AU ...A Special Thank You...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Dunno about the rest of you, but I gotta go with Han on this one - can you say 'crossing ethical boundaries'? Bit selfish of Jaina - in ten or fifteen years, Jag is going to find out, and he won't be happy...

Elena

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Whoa. I just found this. I love it. I can't believe Jaina got herself pregnant. If she wasn't ready to commit to Jag then how is she ready to be a mother? Han's reaction was just... well I can't say that I would want to make him mad. This is great. I can't wait for more.

3. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    trois l'enfants! Heh, glad you liked the aye carumba ;)

So...I'm sensing that Jaina used the darkside or something...and I'm also sensing that Han is going out into the unknown regions for a bit yeah? >_<

Okay...and something that I found strangly humorous was the concept of 'stealin babies' with the force...for some reason I just think of like darth maul prancing/skipping around tatooine with a wicker basket 'stealin babies' ect...

4. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    LOL that is hilirious, ChissGodddess, Darth Maul skipping with a basket stealing babies. That's great!

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    MaraJade1225 -

triplets eh?......i so didn't see that one coming!... ;)
    Rather unusual triplets, at that! Thanks for the 'awesome'!!

Ishy -

It's the Ishtarish Retribution Revolution. I kill one baby, you make her pregnant with three! All right, all right! I'll leave the rest of the kids alone! What would you have done if I killed both kids and Kyp? Never mind... [face_laugh]
    LOL, Ish. I hadn't thought of that, but - good point! Thanks for the insight!

I can't believe Han's leaving! That dork! :p
    He's one complicated man, huh?

Lurker -

Luke's premonition is creepy. [face_devil]
    I was hoping it would be at least a little creepy.
    Gee, everybody thinks Han is going to the Unknowns. Hmmm. Thank you!

Gloria -

Wow. CREEPY! [face_mischief]
    Oooh. Another 'creepy' - I love it! Thanks!

KnightedRogue -

Well, now. A set of triplets, one of which is like some monster baby from the third hell of Corellia, and Han up and leaves. [face_laugh]
    LOL! '...monster baby from the third hell of Corellia...' ROFLOL! Thanks!

Tris -

It's like rosemary's baby [face_devil]
    ROFLOL! Yeah, kinda does seem like that. What about the other two poor little things???? Thanks, Tris.

YodaKenobi -

The Force is worse than fertility drugs :eek:
    So it would seem. I wonder if the Holocron says anything about this...?

It's good that at least one of them took after their mother [face_laugh]
    ROFLOL! Jaina takes a beating on these boards, doesn't she?

So now Han's leaving for someplace we don't know and Jaina's pregnant with Jag's evil brood...I think Han might try to find Jag...This is getting interesting. Nice twist [face_worried]
    Thanks a lot!

GreatOne -

And one is a DARK Jedi? Even before it's born? Is that the result of the rather Dark Way Jaina got PG? I think it probably is. Maybe it Palpatine's spirit inside the one baby! o_O
    Palpy?? Now there's an idea. Hmmmmm.
    Thanks!

Elena -

I gotta go with Han on this one - can you say 'crossing ethical boundaries'? [face_laugh]
    ROFLOL! I love that - "can you say 'crossing ethical boundaries"! No kidding! Thanks a lot for R & R!

FelsGoddess -

If she wasn't ready to commit to Jag then how is she ready to be a mother? :confused:
    Excellent question. There will be an answer. ;) Thanks much!

ChissGoddess -

something that I found strangly humorous was the concept of 'stealin babies' with the force...for some reason I just think of like darth maul prancing/skipping around tatooine with a wicker basket 'stealin babies' ect... [face_laugh]
    ROFLOL! I agree with FelsGoddess - that's hysterical. What an image...no, no, I can't think about it...
    Thanks a bunch!

oldj

6. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    You've got me completely hooked, my Padawan. I never thought I'd get hooked on J/J. Force help me! ;) Such a bad, bad influence! [face_devil] [face_love]

Triplets!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: This is quite a blow to Han. He needs to work through this, and he's completely blocking everyone out. Jaina could just see how much this means to Jag and I want her to tell him and on the other hand...I can totally understand! :_|

And very interesting what Luke says about one of the children developing in the dark side even this early in life. [face_thinking] Intriguing.

Oh, poor Jaina, she has gotten in way over her head, and I'm not sure she even can realize how far she is. I hope someone can come to her rescue. I can only imagine how Jag will react when he finds out.

Looking forward to more! More, writing my Padawan. Now that's an order! ;)

7. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Master tangled_sphere -

[face_blush] Thank you!

You've got me completely hooked, my Padawan. I never thought I'd get hooked on J/J. Force help me! Such a bad, bad influence!
    Muahahahaha!!! [face_devil]

Triplets!!! This is quite a blow to Han. He needs to work through this, and he's completely blocking everyone out.
    Sometimes there's more than meets the eye.... :eek:

Jaina could just see how much this means to Jag and I want her to tell him and on the other hand...I can totally understand!
    Wow! Jaina's first sympathy vote here! Her situation reminds me of "Oh, what a tangled web we weave..." o_O

..very interesting what Luke says about one of the children developing in the dark side even this early in life. Intriguing.
    My favourite part, actually. [face_whistling]

Looking forward to more! More, writing my Padawan. Now that's an order!
    I'm writing, I'm writing!

**grumbles** Slave driver! [face_laugh]

[:D] [:D]

oldj

8. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Wow! I can't believe I missed two new posts!

That whole triplets thing, with one of them being dark . . . scary!

Good post!

KT

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, talk about plot twist!! Great story!

10. Dark_Heir

Dark_Heir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    Well my mouth is hanging open. Three children and one of them is dark? That's one heck of a plot twist. I agree she better tell Jag real quick!

11. kellaina

kellaina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    :eek: Triplets!! I suspected twins, but definitely did not see that coming!

?Jace, I know it won?t be easy. Almost nothing that?s really important is easy.?

*sigh* When will Jaina realize that just because important things tend to be difficult, she doesn't need to do everything the hard way?

Great post!

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh my gosh, this is pure evilness!!! Ahh!!! But sooo good . . . I can only hope that this will end happily, like your other two J/J fics.

13. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    K_T -

That whole triplets thing, with one of them being dark . . . scary!
    [face_devil] Muhahahahahah... Thanks - glad you like!

AvenKiel -

Wow, talk about plot twist!! Great story!
    :D Thanks very much, and welcome!

Dark_Heir -

Well my mouth is hanging open.
    :eek: LOL! So happy you're enjoying it! Thanks!

kellaina -

When will Jaina realize that just because important things tend to be difficult, she doesn't need to do everything the hard way?
    [face_thinking] Hmmmmm...maybe someday she'll learn? Glad you're enjoying it!

Hi, Nat -

Oh my gosh, this is pure evilness!!!
    ;) Oh, there's evilness alright! As for another happy ending? [face_mischief] I'm not telling, yet. Thanks a lot for joining this little ride!

oldj

14. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Hi, everyone :)

Chapter Three will be up on Saturday April 23rd!

Han talks things over with ...

Jaina senses trouble ...

[face_devil]

oldj

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    *is wishing today was Saturday*

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Yay! More tomorrow!

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! A post tomorrow!

18. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks Nat, Goddess and Ishy for your anticipation and patience! Here you go...

Chapter Three

Trying to catch some sleep had given Han Solo a headache.

The Falcon had been in hyperspace for more than a day. Han rubbed his temples and grimaced as if exercising his facial muscles would by some Force miracle ease the pain. At least the pain in his head. His aching heart was another story.

I?m already sorry for what I said to you, Jaina. But I?ve still got a very bad feeling about this. Maybe what happened between us won?t end up being such a bad thing, ?cause this is one time when I think you could use a good shake up.

Those kids you?re carryin? are my grandchildren. I know that, and I care. About them and about you. More than I admitted to Leia.

I just don?t understand how you could treat Jag like this. Why you did it. How you thought that it was okay. It doesn?t seem like you, Jaina. And that?s when the bad feeling really starts to chew at me.

I?m no Jedi, but this seems like something dark.

You know, I sat in this same chair years ago when I told Luke and Obi-Wan that the whole ?Force? thing was a load of Bantha fodder. Okay, I?ve learned a lot since then. I don?t understand any of it, but I accept that the Force is?out there. Can?t help but accept it ? everyone in my family is up to their necks in it.

If this is some ?dark side? thing, I hope Luke figures it out. If he can?t, who will? At least I know that he?ll look out for you, like your Mom and Jace and Mara.

I hope you?re alright.

The Falcon blared a warning that it was about to exit hyperspace. The alarm caused Han's headache to swell. He broke free of his reverie to flick a switch. Reluctantly he started toward the cockpit to prepare for realspace, and a conversation he wished with all his heart he wasn't about to have.

Jaina was having a short respite from anxiety in a few moments of deep delta-wave sleep. Her mind had spent most of the night in an active subconscious state filled with images Jaina would recognize and some others that would be foreign. If she were to remember them after she woke.

Her body was clammy and her sleeping clothes uncomfortably wet. Growing cold from the persistent dampness finally pulled Jaina into consciousness. Eyes flashed open and with a sharp intake of air she identified that she was in her own bedroom. She had refused Leia?s invitation to stay at her parents? apartment. She needed ?normal?. Whatever that is.

Jaina sat up and shook her head, trying to clear the sensation that filled her mind with, what? Borash jelly? That?s what it feels like. Something sticky is catching my thoughts so they aren?t making sense like they should. She tossed her hair and ran her fingers through it. Maybe a shower will help me wake up.

She closed her eyes. The hot water poured over her, cleansing her skin but not her mind.

Can?t lose him. Keep part of him.

Jaina was so startled she slipped and grabbed a towel bar on the shower wall for support. What? Who?s there? Someone in the Force??

No! It isn?t.

There?s no one there. Its not happening now.

It?s a memory.

A memory? To Jaina it was a piece of some puzzle. There were no other pieces to arrange. Nothing to match with or help form part of an answer. The voice was masculine but resembled no one she knew. And there was something else. A sensation. Like something, or someone, was tickling the recesses of her mind. Tickling at her mind.

Like that odd tickling in her thoughts when she was with Jag.

Can?t lose him. Keep part of him.

An isolated idea in her mind. An idea that didn?t belong to her.

A simple idea planted there. Left to crawl in and form a nest in her thoughts. To change them. To alter her decisions.

Jaina suddenly felt out of control. She was different. But it wasn?t her choice.

It hadn?t been her choice.

Well, at least

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Great update! I wonder who planted the idea in Jaina's head and who this mysterious person Lando and Han are discussing.

20. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Thanks, FelsGoddess!

This Chappie is a bit of a bridge - there'll be more family, friends and action in Chapter 4.

oldj

21. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    CREEPY! :eek:

You like creepy, don't you? :p

And who's Arenia? [face_mischief]

22. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Gloria -

You like creepy, don't you?
    Sometimes I guess I do. Mostly I like to keep readers a little off balance - can't let you be too sure of what's coming up!

And who's Arenia?
    Answer is in the next Chapter!

Thanks for reading!

oldj

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess it's time I come out of lurking. Excellent story so far. You have a lot of interesting plotpoints going on here and I'm curious to see how you resolve all of them. :)

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    heehee, what an ending. And who the heck is arenia? I'm intrigued!

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yay, new chapter [face_dancing]

Great reading Han's thoughts on the whole thing and glad he's feeling some remourse for the things he said to Jaina. Also good to see him on his way to talk to Jag, even if the conversation will be a nightmare.

Jaina was having a short respite from anxiety in a few moments of deep delta-wave sleep.

That's a great sentence :)

Big surprise that he went to see Lando instead of Jag :eek: What is Arenia?!

And who is the red voice in Jaina's head? [face_devil]

Its okay. I?m your mother. She soothed one, then the next. But as she touched the third presence she shrieked involuntarily.
    The baby reached back to her with a primitive yet unmistakably grim and dark soul.

My mom had the same experience when she was pregnant with me.

Great post, oldj :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.