main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Best of Us - J/J, Han - post-NJO AU ...A Special Thank You...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear that oldj. I hope that drl gets better. How dare it interfere with your fanfiction. :mad:

I hope you're watching that storewars thing I sent you. Unless you don't care for vegetables, then it wouldn't be so funny.

I could send you jokes. What kind of jokes do you like? I'll gather up the usual suspects and you just give me the go ahead to pm some to you.

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Since Lola requested a joke, I'll offer my sister's favorite:

What do Kermit the Frog and John the Baptist have in common?

The same middle name. ;)

3. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    I just read through all of this tonight....wonderful Story! Can't wait for the Epilouge! And did someone mention a sequel?

4. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    Take care Oldj! We miss you! I hope everything gets better soon!

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I hope things go better soon. Don't worry, we'll wait.:)

6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    hope things get better real soon! i don't really have any jokes im sorry. I'll miss you while youre gone though.

7. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [:D] oldj I hope DRL lightens up on you soon

8. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D]

To skywalker, BF (that was a real groaner!), FelsG, Lola, TheSheryl, goddess, Golden_Jedi, Wynssa ... Thank you!

To Dark_Lighter: I'm so glad you took the time to read all this and that you enjoyed it! The Finale is forthcoming.

oldj

9. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    that was a real groaner!

You obviously haven't met my sister ;)

10. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Um, apparently not! Do I want to?

Hey! I missed post 1000! I can't believe this thing made it to four figures!

[face_pumpkin] Holy Halloween.

Well then, I'll just celebrate Post Number 1009!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :cool:

Thanks everybody!!!

~ oldj ~

11. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    *congratulates on 1010th post*

Woohoo!!!

[face_dancing] [:D] =D=

[face_dancing] [:D] =D=

~Misha

12. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Um, apparently not! Do I want to?

Yes, you should. She's not funny in the joke department, but she is one of those people who is unintentionally hilarious.

13. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    four digits? Yahoo!!!=D= =D=

And BF? I loved that joke.[face_laugh] Kind of makes me wonder about myself now.

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Glad to know someone liked it ;)

And belated congrats on breaking 1k. :)

15. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    congrats on the 1009th post ojn!!

16. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    haha, so I just found this for the second time, I posted a long long time back but then lost tack of everything. This story was absoutely unbelievably amazing. Epilouge prehaps???

17. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Wow? very good job, oldj!

Me likes!

Especially the part about them all being a family.

KT

18. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D]

Thanks everyone!

Welcome back, BottledUpInside...glad you like it.

You, too, KT - and congrats on your recent e-marriage!

Epilogue? Yes, I'm sorry its taken so long, but I've set aside tomorrow to write. That means you'll probably get a post tomorrow evening or Monday.

:D

oldj

19. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    YAY!!!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!

can ya tell?? hehe:D

20. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Yes, I know, you can't believe it!

Its a short post, but at least its a post. There will be a Part II to this Chapter, and then the Epilogue.

Thanks for your patience!

Chapter Twenty-Five ? Part I

?Admiral, Sir,? the Lieutenant stood at absolute attention in front of Wedge?s desk. ?There is an urgent hail from Fleet Command, Sir.?

Wedge sighed with the weight of all the core worlds on his shoulders. I?m sure they?ll have plenty to say. ?I was expecting the call, Lieutenant. Patch it through to my private comm, please.?

?Yes, Sir.? The young woman tossed a near-perfect salute and turned on her heels.

?Lieutenant?? Wedge stopped her.

?Yes, Sir??

?How old are you??

?How old am I, Sir?? She was more than a little confused by the personal question.

Wedge shook his head. ?Never mind, Lieutenant. I was just remembering how things were years ago when I first joined this ... military life.? The Admiral straightened and offered a scripted salute of his own. ?I apologize, Lieutenant. As you were.?

With only a slight hesitation, the young officer returned the gesture and left to speak to arrange the comm.

Wedge sank into his chair to wait for whatever the Federation?s military had in store for him.

?Have you heard from Wedge, Tir?? Syal finished packing what belongings they had left and closed the last case.

Soontir walked out of their ?fresher, straightening his informal jacket. He wasn?t used to being out of uniform. I can barely remember the last time I wasn?t a member of one military or another.

?Syal, I?m sure that he has a great deal to do. Mon Cal is the seat of the GFFA navy.? He paused briefly. ?No doubt he will be called upon to explain his recent actions.?

Tossing her long, blonde hair over her shoulders, Syal gave him a stern look. ?And you will be speaking on his behalf, will you not??

?I will, if they'll allow it. I may not be very well received here, you know.?

His wife let out a long, slow breath. ?I know. Tir, none of us may be accepted here.? She saw his face change in surprise. ?Did you think I would not realize that? Oh, Tir, we?ve been through a great deal these last weeks, but its not over yet.? Reaching for his cheek, her hand caressed him as her eyes shared their deepest secrets with him.

?I love you, Syal.?

?I know.?

They were still for a moment. Two who had survived much, loved deeply, and found strength in each other.

A ring from their door annunciator broke the spell.

Soontir received his wife?s kiss greedily before crossing to answer it.

?Good morning, Soontir.?

?Wedge!? Syal rushed past her husband to hug her brother. ?I was just asking Tir about you. Come in!?

She watched his face carefully as Wedge joined them in the small sitting area of their quarters. He had either become very good at sabaac, or something was very wrong.

?Wedge. What is it?? Syal grasped his arm tightly.

He looked up then, from his sister to Soontir, and back again. A boyish grin spread across his face.

?Soontir, you won?t have to explain what happened to the GFFA. Apparently they knew before we arrived.? Wedge saw the same look of confusion on the two faces before him as he had probably worn when his superiors spoke to him by comm.

?It seems your son has been busy. Jag sent a priority message, without my knowledge, before we left Chiss space. He gave them a summary of what happened, including the reasons why I brought my group to your defense. He also explained the political situation rather succinctly.

The short of it is, I?ve been absolved of any wrong-doing. Their words were, 'a prudent course of action under the circumstances to avoid an intergalactic incident with the Chiss?, or some such.? Wedge waved his hand in the air, delighting in the smiles reflected back to him. ?And, it seems that Jag?s message reached our esteemed Senior Admiral Kre?fey, who just happens to be very familiar with your son?s work.

The Ad

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    As Wedge, Iella and Soontir looked on, each privately reflected that somehow, through weeks of terrible pain, their family had been reforged and become whole. Lovely closing line.

Great update!

22. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    As Wedge, Iella and Soontir looked on, each privately reflected that somehow, through weeks of terrible pain, their family had been reforged and become whole.
    *sniff*

*cry*

*sob*

*bawl*

:_| :_| That was so sweet!

23. DarthMeanflare

DarthMeanflare Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Aww Syal meets Syal. A nice little family reunion all around. Great post!

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Good stuff!

25. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Sniff sniff.... Yup. I smell a sequel. Nice update OldJ... I really enjoyed the reunion...
    Cheers
    Trep

26. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sweet reunions... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.