main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Best of Us - J/J, Han - post-NJO AU ...A Special Thank You...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Poor Wedge. I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble. :(

Also, poor Fel family- having to leave their home and face the unknown.

lol. Well, I guess I don't feel so bad for the Fels after all. Gotta love Jag for saving the day there, too. :)

Aww... And now the families are starting to all meet each other and get ready for the happily ever after... :D

Really glad to see a new chapter from you.
    Great job,

-Zetta

2. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    she is alive!!!

Great post It was worth the wait..... very cute!

I liked the whole family reunion Can't wait for the next part!

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Way to go Jag! :D

Only two more posts... :_|

EDIT - My spooky sock was SoloGhost. Yes, I am guilty of that REALLY AWFUL poem!

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Aww, yay. Very nice & welcome back [:D]

EDIT: No, I didn't know it was you in your Halloween sock last night, and yes Jag is still all mine. ;)

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    FelsG: Thanks! It was short, with not much action, but that's what happens when you start to wrap up a story ... or not ... [face_devil]

Myra: You may need more tissues before this is over, Myra! *Hands Myra a new box* [face_batting]

Darth-FlareSock: A flare by any other name... [face_laugh] Thanks, my friend. More to come.

ccp: Thanks! A bit dull, but hey, that can change... ;)

Trep: Sequel? You smell a sequel? Really? I never would have thought of that... [face_laugh] Thanks!

G_J: Thanks. I could have gone on - and on - about it, but I wasn't in that "mush" kind of mood. [face_batting]

Zetta: Thanks, you! Did you say happily-ever-after? But if that happens, how could I write a sequel? [face_mischief]

goddess: Thanks to you, too! The last half of this chapter should be ready tonight.

PT: Ghosty! I liked your poem, really! Besides, I wrote a couple of bad ones myself last night - must have been all the candy. Naturally, Jag saved the day. That's what handsome heroes do, right? [face_love]

BF: Thanks, I'm glad to be back! There's more to come. Now that this is almost finished, I'm full of other ideas. And, I'm surprised at you ... you didn't figure out that was me last night? Shocking. :eek: Who else would "barb" you like that? (Okay, don't tell me.) As for Jag being yours, that's technically correct - for now. I won him at the GFFA's, so he was mine until last night. We do hang on to them in between auctions, don't we? I'll have to check with Vongy on that. LOL! Don't we wish...shame this is not RL, but if it was, I'd be a pilot as good as Jaina Solo and regularly beat the crap out of Wes Janson in the sims, just for fun. Hey, a girl can dream.

My appreciation to all of you. Off to finish Part II...

oldj

6. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    oldj:

And, I'm surprised at you ... you didn't figure out that was me last night?

It take a lot for me to be smart in that kind of mystery-solving way. Add to the fact I was on migraine meds at the time, no I didn't figure it out.

As for Jag being yours, that's technically correct - for now. I won him at the GFFA's, so he was mine until last night. We do hang on to them in between auctions, don't we?

I certainly hope so [face_batting]

Hey, a girl can dream.

She can most certainly do so, and often. ;)

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Beautiful post Oldj.

Loved that Jag came to Wedge's rescue. I ditto everyone who says you gotta love Jag.

I doubted they would not accept the Fels and Shawnkyr. I mean as long as it's not Denning's GFFA with his mean old Cal Omas and stuck up Bothan opposed to the NJO Cal Omas and Admiral Kre'fey.

Looking forward to more Han. Gotta check up on his recovery.

8. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    BF:

I know you like pink.

Sorry about the migraine - THAT I understand, 'cause I've had them for *mumbles* years.

*Dreeeeaam, Dream, Dream, Dream ...* [:D]

Oh, and I saw your sig. :p

Lola:

Thanks! And have no fear, this will NEVER be Denning's GFFA. [face_not_talking]

More Han on the way - he started all this, he's going to be there at the end. ;)

~ oldj ~

9. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Awww :) You do such a good job with the Fels - and hooray for happy endings. (And hugely convoluted family trees ::shakes head:: Ah, the GFFA.)

10. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    yay!!!.... so postie soon!!!

11. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm glad everything worked out for the Fels!!

I loved the Antilles/Fel reunion. :)

Can't wait for the next post!!!

12. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    Master! You're back! Yea! [face_dancing]

I hope you've beaten all those boxes into submission, or at least pushed them all back enough so you can enjoy your writing.

Thank you for another wonderful post! I loved it when Syal got to hug her nieces for the first time. Awwwww! [face_love]

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY caught up on this and have laughed and cried alternately!

14. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    How did you sneak this post in and I never knew! How? How did that happen? I check these boards every day! Oh you are sneaky.

As for the post: there wasn't any Jag or Jaina in there. Nor Han. I need a little Han, a little Jag. I don't think I am asking for too much.

WELCOME BACK OLDJ!!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!!

15. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    As Wedge, Iella and Soontir looked on, each privately reflected that somehow, through weeks of terrible pain, their family had been reforged and become whole.

Loved it, Oldj!!! Glad to see the Antilles/Fel family finally knows each other.

Waiting for the next one!

16. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    stickster: Thanks! I love the Fel's. As for convoluted family trees - yikes! I don't think anything could beat this group!

goddess: Well, I'm a little late [face_blush] but the next post is going up right after these replies!

ImperialSpy: Thanks a lot! I think this reunion really needs to happen...

Rebel: I'm happy to be back - thank you! Believe it or not, I still have about thirty boxes to unpack. :p

Ish: LOL! I'm amazed that you (or anyone else) took the time to read all this. Thank you!

TheSheryl: Sorry I didn't get the PM's out on that part. No time. I will, however, PM for the second part. Oh, and your concerns about J/J and Han? Taken care of, my friend!

Draco: Thanks! Now for the END! We're almost there. (And I need to catch up with your stuff!)

Next postie: Coming right up!

oldj

17. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    :eek:

Its unbelievable! I've finally finished my first loooooooong fanfic. Phew! After this post, there will be an Epilogue and some words of appreciation. Then I'll be taking a break - from long pieces - to consider a sequel.

This final chapter is for all my faithful readers (especially the J/J'ers and Han-o-philes). Thank you, one and all!

*TISSUE ALERT*

Chapter Twenty-Five, Part II

In the end, Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel achieved the impossible. With their extended family contributing a variety of clandestine maneuvers and See-Threepio ?leaking? misinformation to the zealous holovid press, they managed to arrange the small, intimate wedding they wanted.

A crisp, clear dawn sparkled over the waters of the Great Calamari Sea as Jaina stood on her chateau balcony, too excited to admire the view, but aware that the shining water reflected the infinite happiness in her soul.

Today I will become Jaina Solo Fel. At some pivotal moment she no longer remembered, this had become her most cherished desire.

Three small yet powerful presences began to dance their happiness, caught up in their mother?s joy. Jaina smiled and hugged her belly. Yes, my sweethearts, today is a very happy day. Your father and I will officially make us a family.

A family of five.

Jaina suddenly found herself gasping for air and leaned on the railing in front of her. Sweet Corellian skies! Only four months after a five-year war, and I?ve gone from leading a fighter squadron to? Leia?s voice interrupted her growing anxiety.

?Jaina?? She could feel her daughter?s rising emotions. No wonder. Leia shook her head, thinking back over the last four months. And we thought the end of the war would bring peace. This family should know better by now. ?Its time for breakfast.?

Jaina turned to her mother, for once allowing Leia?s calm to soothe her. She linked her mother?s arm with her own as they walked toward the morning celebration being hosted by Syal Fel.

Jaina sat back, hearing lighthearted music in the voices of the most important women in her life. She was grateful there were still so many.

Leia helped Syal and Iella serve sweetcakes and a spicey Mon Cal tea. Tendra Calrissian entertained Myri and Syal Antilles. Her Aunt Mara and Mirax Horn laughed heartily as they renewed their friendship. Tahiri and Wyn were seeing to Shawnkyr?s comfort, while Tionne, Cilghal, Saba and Winter discussed last minute contingency plans for the day. On Jaina?s right, her dear friend Tenel Ka was content to keep her company in this quiet moment.

You will love them all, Jaina thought to her children. And they?ll love you. She paused to consider just how far from the old Jaina her thoughts had taken her. Pregnancy, hormones, motherhood, and most of all, nearly losing everyone you loved could have that kind of effect on a person.

Jaina was mildly surprised that she really didn?t mind. She would always be strong, independent and stubborn. She?d always be a fighter, a pilot, a Solo and a Jedi. Life was simply adding more interesting layers to her, offering different challenges, presenting new opportunities to be something more. And Jag would be at her side to see her through.

Tendra squeezed Lando?s hand as they took their seats in the spectacular transparisteel atrium. The chateau?s centerpiece room was discreetly adorned with a selection of exotic Calamari flowers that brought with them a mildly pleasant scent from the sea.

Constructed on a outcropping of bedrock, the atrium was a crystal clear globe. Its walls and ceiling arched from the doors behind them, reaching over their heads and curving back down to the foundation, where almost three meters of transparent floor made visible the crashing waves underfoot. Appreciative gasps could be heard from new arrivals as they absorbed the stunning effect of

18. TheSheryl

Feb 21, 2004
    HA HA HA!!! MADE IT TO THE POST BEFORE THE PM MADE IT TO ME!!!

19. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    ROFLOL! Hope it was worth it!

oldj

20. TheSheryl

Feb 21, 2004
    Oldj: you made my eyes get all misty!

I love Han! I absolutely love him! (wipe away the mist) He's is a strong guy! And then you put the title into the last line. Leave it to you Oldj! You are one heck of a fanfic writer! Thank you for such a wonderful story! I really enjoyed every chapter of it (even if they didn't have J/J or Han in ALL the chapters!). I look forward to reading your next fanfic, whenever that may be!

Take care Oldj! Don't forget to have pudding every once in awhile! It always helps!

~Sheryl~

21. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Sheryl:

Thank you so very much! I'm so glad you enjoyed this story (whether every chapter included J/J and Han, or not!). One thing I can promise is that J/J and Han will be in the Epilogue!

I've got lots of bunnies for new stories, don't worry. And if DRL gets me down, I'll have some pudding and I'll think of you!

[:D]

oldj

22. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Definitely another masterpiece from the mind of OJN. =D==D==D==D=

Absolutely out of this world.

Can't wait to see what the epilogue looks like.

Hope that you have beaten DRL into utter submission.

S.

23. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Wow! Thanks, skywalker!

I don't know about ever beating it into utter submission, but DRL is definitely getting better. I'm reading something very interesting right now, and happy to have the time to do it! ;)

Thanks so much!

oldj

24. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Awww, yay! :D Well done, friend. [:D] It was just what I needed after an afternoon of belittlement from jerks who call themselves men.

25. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Aw, BF! [:D] If only men were all replicas of non-Denning Jag.

Sorry you had a not-so-good day, but glad this made you feel a bit better.

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.