Beyond The Best of Us - J/J, Han - post-NJO AU ...A Special Thank You...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Myra:

What an ending! :_| for Lando and Tendra adopting! :_| for Jaina and Jag arguing! :^) for Han saying "I have a bad feeling about this."
    This was a totally fabulous story. I'm going to miss it, but I'm very glad about the sequel!

:cool: Thanks, Myra! I look forward to writing the sequel, now that I have some ideas in mind. [:D]

PT:

Eek! That was a very high tension, cliff-hanging epilogue! (and I had to cut/paste it to read it! My monitor can't handle all those ******
    I can't WAIT for the sequel!

:) I know - it was mean to put so much tension into the Epilogue! I'm sorry about the *********s - I changed them! Thanks for all the support! [:D]

AvenKiel:

Evil is a mild word for what you've done to us Old J!!
    I loved it though, you've kept me more than entertained, and I CAN'T WAIT!! for the sequel!

[face_devil] *Runs to hide* I'm so glad you feel entertained by this...that's a great compliment! Plot bunnies abound for the sequel - it won't be long!

Golden_Jedi:

Oooooooooooh! Not fair! (See you in the next one) Congratulations!
    [face_whistling] No, it isn't fair. I just wanted to spice things up a bit...Thank you for taking this journey with me.

goddess45:

OOOOO you MEAN mean mean author!!
    the last great post makes up for it... and dec 18th isn't too long away great job OJN I'll be here for the sequal!!

[face_blush] *Still hiding* I'm glad you enjoyed this, and no, it won't be long 'til this little saga continues...

Tris:

Wow. Just...wow. Thank you for being so willing to make things good and then spin some reality on them- just what this piece needed, in fact. Man! I totally get both sides...it's hard to be around people all day every day making sure that they are safe and cared for and learning and and and and and...
    (though that STILL doesn't excuse Leia, IMHO)
    It's hard to have that constantly beating at you, and to have to constantly reevaluate yourself against weird situations and boredom.
    Anyway, this just makes my day. I've developed a love for realism (in fic if not in life ) and you along with Inara are filling that void for me.
    Yay for that!
    I won't be sad that this is the end, because there is a sequel.
    P.S.-
    YOU quoted the queen of all things fantastic!! I LOVE YOU!...yay for ursula le guin. She is my hero. If I could be anyone, I would be her.

:D I'm really happy that you've stayed with me and enjoyed the ride! A little reality is good for a story, don't you think? As for Leia, I'll be dealing with that angst, the way I see it, in the sequel. Plus I'm happy that you're not sad.
    I didn't know that Ursula Le Guin was a Tris guru! Makes me even happier that I chose her quote... [:D] Thank you, Tris, my friend!

RebelMom:

Jaina and Jag are really going to have to work at their marriage.
    What have you done to Lando and family? Give them a happy ending and then poof! they disappear.
    good thing the sequel isn't too far away.

;) Yes, marriage and instant family are very hard work - J/J are just beginning to find that out! I thought it was time that Lando and Tendra had a storyline of their own, but you're right, the wait for the sequel isn't too long...Thanks for reading this opus!

Commander:

DRL is being a major pain at the moment. But excellent work, oldjedinurse.
    Love seeing Han back up and about.
    What an evil cliffy you've given us... Very interesting...
    Please, PM me when you start the next one.

:cool: DRL? Hey, I understand DRL! Thank you so much. Han had to come back, or else I would have had an angry mob on my hands. I'm glad you're looking forward to the sequel, and I'd be happy to PM you when it starts. Thanks for asking!

oldj
  2. zettazofia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I... I... I... I don't know what to say.
    Jaina and Jag are arguing and unhappy. :(
    Lando and Tendra finally get a baby and then... [face_worried]
    I'm just....
    So happy there is going to be a sequel,a nd really looking forward to seeing you torture the characters and then giving them a happily-ever-after(-or-else). :)
    -Zetta
  3. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_love] Yay for babies. I spent yesterday afternoon holding my friends' two month old daughter, Kylie. It was wonderful.

And of course I'm hookered in for your next story. :)
  4. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had decided I wasn't going to cry but that went right out the window during your thanks to your readers.

I feel so bad for Jaina and Jag. It's rough being with those babies all day. But I don't think she's ready to leave them to go on missions. Ten days is awfully long IMO. And poor Jag. He wants her to be happy too.

What happened to Landro, Tendra, and Serafina?!:eek:

Whoever got them better not hurt that baby, I'm just saying.

I'm glad to see Han's doing better. Especially now that on 12/18 he's got to go save his friend's family.

I absolutely loved this story. I'll probably be re-reading it until the sequal is posted.

And I'm glad you're starting it before the last DN book comes out. I'll need something to keep me from going insane.

So here's my standing ovation until then. =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
  5. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Zetta:

I... I... I... I don't know what to say.
    Jaina and Jag are arguing and unhappy.
    Lando and Tendra finally get a baby and then...
    I'm just....
    So happy there is going to be a sequel,a nd really looking forward to seeing you torture the characters and then giving them a happily-ever-after(-or-else).

[:D]
    Its okay, Zetta. J/J are going through some tough times. Its hard to have three babies at once! As for L/T, they need a story, don't you think? Well, they're going to get one from me.
    ;) I'm glad you're happy about the sequel...so am I! And I get the message! (Or else!) I'm grateful for your unwavering support!

BF:

Yay for babies. I spent yesterday afternoon holding my friends' two month old daughter, Kylie. It was wonderful. And of course I'm hookered in for your next story.
    :D
    Babies are wonderful. I wish I'd had some of my own...oh, well. Thanks so much for your support, too, BF! I have some viggie ideas to post in the weeks before the sequel is ready.

Lola:

I had decided I wasn't going to cry but that went right out the window during your thanks to your readers.
    I feel so bad for Jaina and Jag.
    What happened to Landro, Tendra, and Serafina?!
    Whoever got them better not hurt that baby, I'm just saying.
    I'm glad to see Han's doing better. Especially now that on 12/18 he's got to go save his friend's family.
    I absolutely loved this story. I'll probably be re-reading it until the sequal is posted.
    And I'm glad you're starting it before the last DN book comes out. I'll need something to keep me from going insane.
    So here's my standing ovation until then.

*Hands Lola tissues* I didn't mean to make you cry!! J/J have hit a little patch of reality. We'll see where it takes them...
    As for L/T/S, well, December 18th is only about four weeks away...hurt the baby? That would be baaaad.
    Yeah, you know Han's going to have to do something! I am humbled by your standing 'O' - thank you! [face_blush]
    As for the next DN book, I don't find myself all that anxious about it. I have a feeling I'll end up ignoring The Bug Trilogy, and just set my sights on the LOTF series, whatever it may hold. If Denning stomps all over our hopes for J/J, we all still have each other!!!

oldj
  6. crackjacks Jedi Knight

star 2
    THAT WAS GREAT!!!!
    AWWWW come on...Dec 18th is more then a month away...oh well that will just heighten my excitement for it... Can't wait till it comes out...it sounds more as if I were talking about a movie...oh well, that's my crazy mind for you.

I loved your story...just in case I haven?t already said it enough, and I'm sad to see it over, but having a sequel makes it all better.

See you on the 18th...well type to you on the 18th (That sounds weird...oh well)
    --kt
  7. WynssaStarflare Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything is quite uncertain.... I hope Jaina and Jag make it. It looks like they're having difficulities talking. Poor Lando, finally gets the family he wants and someone abducts him. Great job! Congrats on finishing this. It truly was an awesome story. I can't wait til the 18th!
  8. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Great epilogue. Yay, they have a baby!
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    I'm both excited and saddend by the idea that this is the last post :D :(

Jacen felt Tahiri?s hand brush his own as she reached up to pull back her hair. A warm and pleasant tremor rushed through him, causing him to flush in mild surprise while Tahiri seemed not to notice.

Dear God, no! [face_sick]

Jacen/Tahiri? Well, that was unexpected...

Tendra reached for Lando?s hand as they sat in the waiting area of Corellia?s most prestigious private adoption agency.

Why didn't they just take one of the kids of Jaina and Jag's hands? They seem to have too many :p

?Serafina,? Lando said without lifting his gaze from his daughter. ?Serafina Calrissian.?

Aww [face_love]

On the underbelly of Lady Luck, tiny servo-motors turned a miniature holoviewer to capture Lando?s approach. A timer clicked on. It registered twenty, and its downward count was already past ten as Lando Calrissian arrived to examine the scratches on his ship?s hull.

Oh no... [face_worried]

?I have??
    ?I know,? Han interjected. ?A bad feelin? about this.?

Great ending!

*Applauds your evilness* =D= [face_devil]

Wow, such a great a post and an amazing story, Oldj :D I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm a little disappointed in Jaina. It's natural to want time away from the kids but 10 days when they're just 2 months old seems excessive to me. It's one thing to leave them with Syal or Jag for the night, or even a weekend maybe, but that long when the babies are still at a time when they definitely need their mother seems a little selfish to me... and selfishness is what got her in this mess to begin with! :p

I know you would never kill Lando and the fact that the Lady Luck didn't explode on Corellia at least is a good sign.

This has been a great story, oldj :) I've truly enjoyed reading it the last few months and loved the twists and turns, the character interaction, and the tale you wove so expertly as a whole. I can't wait for a sequel and I'm glad to see it only a month away :D

Thanks so much for posting this, it's been so much fun [:D] :D :)
  10. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now that's why I'm afraid of sequels... Authors becoming evil authors, stories becoming evil stories, J/J becoming evil J/J and etc.

Great job with the story and I'm waiting for the evil sequel too ;)
  11. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    So now you have Jaina and Jag fighting? You are EVIL, oldj, you know that?

Anyway, great ending. I shall wait expectantly for the sequel.
  12. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Come on how about a little closure here!

I quot the title line:

**** journey is now complete...

Dosn't look complete what happen to Lano and Tendra, and what gonna happen with Jag and Jaina.

And Jacen and Tahiri ah man just more questions and no answers.:confused:

Yes, I know ? Evil Author! Leaving you with a cliffie at the end of the story!
    Not sure if evil is the word.:p

Great post though like the part about Lando and Tendra picking up the child. Figured the camera on the ship was Han's doing.

Well, there will be a sequel.
    Oops, missed that. Can't wait.:D
  13. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    kt:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!
    {face_happy] Thanks a lot!

AWWWW come on...Dec 18th is more then a month away...oh well that will just heighten my excitement for it... Can't wait till it comes out...it sounds more as if I were talking about a movie...oh well, that's my crazy mind for you.
    {face_wink] If you're crazy, I'm crazy, because I see all of this as a movie in my head!

I loved your story...just in case I haven?t already said it enough, and I'm sad to see it over, but having a sequel makes it all better. See you on the 18th...well type to you on the 18th (That sounds weird...oh well)
    [face_laugh] "Type you on the 18th" sounds fine to me!

Wynssa:

Everything is quite uncertain.... I hope Jaina and Jag make it. It looks like they're having difficulities talking. Poor Lando, finally gets the family he wants and someone abducts him. Great job! Congrats on finishing this. It truly was an awesome story. I can't wait til the 18th!
    ;) Thank you so much! I've got lots of work to do before the 18th - that's why I gave myself a deadline! See you then...

FelsG:

Great epilogue. Yay, they have a baby!
    :) Isn't it great for L/T? I thought it would be a nice idea - I'm glad you agree. Thanks for reading - glad you enjoyed it!

YK:

I'm both excited and saddend by the idea that this is the last post
    [:D] Aw! Thanks, my friend.

Dear God, no! Jacen/Tahiri? Well, that was unexpected...
    :eek: Really? I can't believe you didn't see that coming...

Why didn't they just take one of the kids of Jaina and Jag's hands? They seem to have too many
    [face_thinking] That's true - it would have been simpler, for everybody!

"On the underbelly of Lady Luck, tiny servo-motors turned a miniature holoviewer to capture Lando?s approach. A timer clicked on. It registered twenty, and its downward count was already past ten as Lando Calrissian arrived to examine the scratches on his ship?s hull." Oh no...
    o_O Oh yes...

Great ending!
    :D Thanks a lot!

*Applauds your evilness*
    [face_laugh] I thought you might...

Wow, such a great a post and an amazing story, Oldj
    [face_blush] Thanks again!

I'm a little disappointed in Jaina. It's natural to want time away from the kids but 10 days when they're just 2 months old seems excessive to me. It's one thing to leave them with Syal or Jag for the night, or even a weekend maybe, but that long when the babies are still at a time when they definitely need their mother seems a little selfish to me... and selfishness is what got her in this mess to begin with!
    [face_worried] Some things do come full circle, don't they? Of course, we all know that Jaina has "issues" she hasn't resolved yet.

I know you would never kill Lando and the fact that the Lady Luck didn't explode on Corellia at least is a good sign.
    [face_not_talking] I'm not telling...

This has been a great story, oldj I've truly enjoyed reading it the last few months and loved the twists and turns, the character interaction, and the tale you wove so expertly as a whole. I can't wait for a sequel and I'm glad to see it only a month away
    Thanks so much for posting this, it's been so much fun

:cool: And I'm so glad you've joined me on this journey. I truly appreciate your participation, and its great that you enjoyed it!

Chimpo:

Now that's why I'm afraid of sequels... Authors becoming evil authors, stories becoming evil stories, J/J becoming evil J/J and etc.
    [face_laugh] Now, Chimpo! Me? Evil? Ha! *looks around to see if anyone's looking* Muhahahahahahahahhaha...

Great job with the story and I'm waiting for the evil sequel too
    ;) Evil sequel? Hey, I didn't kill Han, did I? LOL!
    Thanks so much for reading this, Chimpo. All I can hope for is that my reade
  14. TheSheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    oldjedinurse -

Why would you do that to me? After all we've been through? Wonderful posts by you . . . Glowing replies by me . . . and you finish the story with an evil cliffhanger! Why? Why would you do that? That's no way to end a story! Okay, I know what's going on here . . . this is a "Fooled you!" post, right? TKeira_Lea & TKeira_Lex did this to me in "The Courtship of Jagged Fel." They promised me a beautiful wedding and ended it with bloodshed, only to post a few days later with the "Fooled you" post that had a happy ending. This is what you are doing, right? You'll post in a few days? With a different ending?

On another note: I'm glad Han is doing well!
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Wow. What an ending. So many conflicts . . . Ah!!!!!

Well, wonderful post :)
  16. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Sheryl:

Why would you do that to me? After all we've been through? Wonderful posts by you . . . Glowing replies by me . . . and you finish the story with an evil cliffhanger! Why? Why would you do that? That's no way to end a story!
    [:D] [:D] I'm sorry, my friend! Think of it as the end of the first (extremely long) chapter in a larger story. *Looks around to see if anyone's looking* Here's a tiny preview: The beginning of "Nothing is Certain" deals with J/J's situation, and the whereabouts of the Calrissian's. The wait really won't be too long!!

Okay, I know what's going on here . . . this is a "Fooled you!" post, right?
    :( I'm sorry - I'm not emulating the TKL/TKL posts. This Epilogue is really just a bridge to the next story. A nasty bridge, but a bridge nonetheless.

On another note: I'm glad Han is doing well!
    ;) Yes, he is - and he'll play a large part in the sequel.

Do you feel better now? *Sends virtual hugs and pudding for comfort*

Nat:

Wow. What an ending. So many conflicts . . . Ah!!!!!
    [face_worried] I'm very concerned about the possibility of an angry mob right now...

Well, wonderful post
    :) That makes me feel a little better! Thanks, Nat!

Sorry to everyone for being so hard on you. I hope the sequel makes up for my evilness...

~ oldj ~
  17. ShortySC22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Beautiful epilgoue that concludes this story yet leaves room open for the next story. Good job and you'll have to PM when you post the enxt story and then I will certainly read and review!
  18. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    Omg such an awesome job! I cant believe u left us on such a cliffie... evil author.... Please send me A PM when u begin the sequel...as i will most likely forget... stupid high school junk!
  19. Killik_Swarm Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow? great job, oldj! *looks foward to next story* PM me when you start the next one, please. :)

KT
  20. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Shorty! I will be happy to PM you in a few weeks when the sequel begins!

Thank you, JAGSGURL! *looks appropriately sorry* I know it was mean to leave you all on a cliff...but I'll certainly PM you in December!
    :p to stupid high school junk!

Thank you, too, KT! You're on the PM list as well.

NOTE: I will be happy to keep a PM list for the sequel. Anyone who would like to be notified only needs to ask!

~ oldj ~
  21. skywalker64089 Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Trepidation Jedi Knight

star 3
    Holy canolies, I overlooked the final chapter... Excellent finish OldJ...Leave'em hanging and wanting more.

Jaina's getting antsy, and Lando went 'puff.' Now why do I think that the the Bakura reference is going to bring forth those detestable lizards who like giving their vessels a consciousness? Gives me the creeps...

Regardless. Great finish...and looking foward to the next installment
    Congrats!

Cheers,
    Trep
  23. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Done! Thanks for asking!

You don't like lizards, huh? Hmmmmmm... LOL! Thanks for the feedback, Trep, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd better get to work on the sequel, huh?

oldj
  24. Gloria Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you all so very much!
    Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.
    ~ Margaret Cho ~
    You have all changed mine.

The triplets had been born five weeks early.
    Hehe, I was born five weeks early. [face_talk_hand] :D

She swung her little fists about with such intention that no one doubted she was her mother?s daughter.
    Tres cute! [face_mischief]

Rand accepted with pleasure the attention lavished upon him, reaching out happily to greet life in return.
    Aww! [face_love] I want one! :_| :p

although he had admitted in one strangely nostalgic moment that it reminded him of Jaina?s quarters back on Borleias.
    [face_laugh] Oh, that was smart, Fel. [face_mischief]

?Outside,? he growled. They both glanced at the sleeping triplets. Jaina nodded and led him into the hall that led to their kitchen.
    You're changing my used to leaving stories on a fluffy final note, sor far, y'know. :p :D

?I?ve been at the base doing my job, supporting my family. And, just for the record, we don?t talk any more. We yell.?
    [face_worried]

No, Jay, I wouldn?t. I?d amount to the equivalent of a caf-deprived Wampa looking for breakfast if I was in your place.
    Speaking of caf deprived.. [face_tired] [face_frustrated]

?Jagged. I raised five of you. With your father and sister helping, I can certainly handle my three grandbabies for a few days.?
    Six. ;) [face_mischief] [face_whistling] [face_talk_hand] O:)

Jacen feared that he took after his Uncle Luke when it came to women.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That actually made me burst out laughing. o_O

Amazingly strong fingers were soon wrapped firmly around their Daddy?s index finger. The act rendered him speechless.
    :_| [face_love] :*

It registered twenty, and its downward count was already past ten as Lando Calrissian arrived to examine the scratches on his ship?s hull.
    [face_worried]Do I have to hunt you down?! :_|

?I know,? Han interjected. ?A bad feelin? about this.?
    Fin.

:mad: [face_not_talking] :mad: [face_shame_on_you] :mad:
    :_|
    Yup, I have to hunt you down. I love you, I can't believe you're making me come after you! Nothing personal. [:D] :_|

And you led us to believe this story was complete.. [face_frustrated]

Though I must congratulate you, you've captured the essence of a profic author perfectly. [face_laugh] Oh well, I like it, but must rant as a matter of principle. :p [:D] :D [face_mischief]

Pardon the lateness. Would have replied sooner, but I just got back from Paris last night, so. Jetlag nearly killed me. I-) [face_frustrated] :p Ten hour flying time from Paris to Houston. Ten HOURS! [face_beatup]
  25. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_worried]

*Making inquiries about the Witness Protection Program*

*Peeks out from behind large rock*

8-} What can I say, my dear friend Gloria? I was under the influence of Membrosia? I fell to the Dark Side? I'm a horrible tease? Yeah, that's it.

No, seriously, I had to give you something to think about leading up to the sequel - besides everybody being happy. But you know me, you just never know where I might take all this, do you?

Have faith!

:)

oldj

P.S. You were in Paris? Hope you didn't run into any trouble such as they've been having in France the last few weeks...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.