main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Best Scene Using the Imperial March

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darth_Vader-Anakin, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    He means at the end of the credits.

2. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    No, he couldn't, because the credits go right into the love theme, and fades into anakin's theme, then back into the love theme. It does taper off to the three note tag from the IM, but that is just the mixing of Anakin's theme (remember the end of TPM)

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I meant the very end of the end credits music at the very end of "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale"; the three note tag.
    I was just a little too lazy to type

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh he's talking about the unused ending of the credits with Anakin's theme, the love theme and the Imperial March all woven in together.

Yes I agree this is one of the best uses of the IM and that's why it infuriates me that it was so carelessly thrown aside.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
  6. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i think right after Han is frozen in carbonite. its just so loud and mean! I'd also have to say when Anakin finally dies. its played on a piano slowly and very moving IMO.

7. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    One of the most subtle uses of the Imperial March is in TPM when Obi-Wan is discussing traing Anakin to Yoda and Yoda says "Grave danger I see in his training." and you hear a short bit of the theme from something low.

8. Tyranium

Tyranium Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2002
    I'd say the finale of AOTC the best, The Emperor Arrives in ROTJ next, and The Clash of Lightsabers in ESB third.

9. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Four words:

Dawn. Of. The. Empire.

:D

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'd still put The Emperor Arrives as #1. Then Vader's Death at #2 and "Dawn of the Empire" at #3.

11. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    The Simpsons.

There is an episode where the scene cuts into Mr. Burn's office. He's sitting in some high-backed chair with Smithers standing at his side, looking at a wall of monitors, and the Imperial March is playing.

Absolutely brilliant.

12. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    JAS, LOL

I'm not sure I've seen that one!

D'OH!!!

13. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    I saw that one yesterday, just want to post it grrrrrr...:p LOL

14. Kranal

Kranal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    The Battle of Hoth version is fantastic. It's just hyped up, fast, and packed with adrenaline... it kicks in just as the Leader AT-AT starts winning the battle against the fading troops.

There is Another version of the Imperial March which was done for a Lucasarts game - has anyone played Force Commander? They mix a careful blend of rock with the main theme - it might sound a bit to you like it couldn't work but when I heard it I thought it was just cool.

It's called Leviathan, and if you want it here's a link to the music as a 5Mb .mp3 file.

Goto this site http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/Imp_March_Leviathan_Mix.mp3

=K=

15. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Top Three Times

3. When we first see the Imperial Armada.

2. When the Emperor lands on DS II

1. During the shot of the clone army.

16. lordvader10

lordvader10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    When Vader dies and the first time we see him on The Executor, although I like the version on the SE CD much better, starting out small, building huge, then going into what's in the movie.

17. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I just saw the California Philharmonic Orchestra play the Imperial March at the LA county Aboretum. Man, they were good. It sounded straight out of the movie.

18. DarthBaconBarm

DarthBaconBarm Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2002
    On TESB SE disc 2, track 11, 3.48.
    just after the force theme there is a little
    phrase that is played which leads into the Imperial March. There are a number of different instruments involved in the overall sound of this phrase but it's the arpeggio type ideas that the viloin is playing that interest me.
    It appears very reminiscent of the little fanfare break which also seems to have this simliar violin arpeggio thing happening in the middle of the Imperial March from AOTC, track 13, 3.15.

19. TwiLekSith

TwiLekSith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    It does sound like it...

20. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    AOTC, "dawn of an empire" . I really like the short intermezzo between the first part of the imperial march & the second part. It has the feeling of "no return" and "doom" !

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    1. Han being Frozen in Carbonite ESB
    2. Vader's Death Star arrival in Rotj
    3. Dawn of Empire Aotc

22. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I love the whole set piece when Anakin is confessing to murdering the Tuskens. Palpatines theme leading in Vaders. Great stuff.

My next favourite is when in ESB, the little mini cannon lowers from the Falcon, and starts shooting at the Snowtroopers.

23. HMSInvincible

HMSInvincible Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    No one has mentioned the variant of the Imperial march used during the credits of Episode 5. It starts off at full power, and then tapers off into a very unusual variant on the march (right before seguing to the love them.) In my own personal imagination, it bespeaks of Anakin beginning to remember his past as a man of virtue -- and the beginning of the end of Darth Vader. It is a very interesting way to finish the imperial march.
    The best one mentioned above is the Carbonite scene the way the love theme segues to the Imperial March.
    I also like way it is used in EP:5 during the final pursuit of the Millenium Falcon... and the way it is used as Darth Vader walks silently off the control deck: his ebony cape billowing out behind him.
    But I have to confess, I generally like unusual variants on themes... I liked the way the duel of fates was used as Anakin is tearing across the desert in search of his mother!

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Palapatine overlooking the Clone Army at the end of II. Woah. Blew it's initial use in Ep. 5 clean out of the water, IMO.
    Palpatine arriving on the DSII is a tie with that, as far as I'm concerned.
    Oh, and Anakin's death music. Slow and soft..beautiful.
    And Vader & Luke going to the Emperor.

25. HMSInvincible

HMSInvincible Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Darth Boba: I got a good laugh at the imperial reaction to the new britney CD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.