1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ The Best SW Film So Far...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthGreivous, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGreivous Jedi Knight

What is your favourite of the 5 Star Wars films released so far and why?

For me, it would have to be Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. Mainly because of its originality and the fact that you see for the first time, a light Saber Duel. However i also love the prequels, especially the fights. Maul vs Qui-gon and Obi-wan would have to be my favourite duel so far.
    Episode 3 is shaping up to be the best IMO. Its going to have all the elements of the orignal SW, plus lots of action and Duels (I LOVE duels).
  2. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, Empire. You can't beat it. The greatest film ever, followed real close by Jaws and Raiders. (And Goonies!)
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I like "Star Wars" the best. It changed my life. You cannot understand the impact it had on me right from when that Star Destroyer went overhead. I was 7 when I saw it in 1978. Front row, Civic Theatre.
  4. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Empire ..." was the first one I saw, in the cinema when it forst came out. I think that will always make it my favorite.
  5. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    I love ROTJ its the easiest for me to watch, Empire coming in close second!
  6. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    ESB, without a doubt. It's the first one I really remember even though I was still in a cot when it came out =).

I remember doing this film study on it in about '94, was in 4th Form and I spent hours watching it and making notes - I was living out of home at the time with my ailing grandfather and have vivid memories of spending a few hours on a Sunday afternoon watching the film and trying to explain to him what it was all about.

That having been said, I admire it most for the lack of a 'happy ending' of sorts, and the dark ramifications it left behind.
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Return of the Jedi.

It just has everything. Awesome ground battle, and space battle. Jabba - and of course, my fav character when I was younger, Boba Fett!

YUB YUB!
  8. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't really say ... I have favourite scenes in all of them. If my favourite scenes were all edited into one movie, then that movie would be my favourite.
  9. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm the same, I always find it difficult to pick one out of them all. I like certain moments from each film, but if i had to pick one it would probably be The Empire Strikes Back. why? AT ATs, Yoda, and Ozzel gets choked :)

and SFL, I think you'll find its pronounced:
    "Niub Nuib" with a semi silent N.
  10. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Crack out the Ewok dictionary? :p

At least everyone knows what you're on about with "YUB YUB". :p
  11. The_Undertaker Jedi Padawan

I like them all equally, as they all have positives and negatives.
  12. OBIE_SAN Jedi Padawan

Greetings fellow peeps long time listner first time caller....but in accordance with this thread the best star wars movie without a shadow of a doubt is ESB. For me it was the first adventure movie where i thought that the goodguys arent going to win, the emotional ride u take as the people u cared about get their lives turned upside down and then sideways and some...but the moneyshot is the revelation that shook everyone that went to see the movie back in the 80's and has fans coming back for more... Next for me would be aotc just for the simple fact that out of the whole 2hrs i liked the fact that we got a glimpse of yoda laying the smackdown on dooku. Also the fact that anakin is showing glimpses of his eventual downfall by succumbing to the darkside...but big expectations for revenge of the sith can GL deliver
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    n00bs are coming out of the woodwork ;)
  14. Syndic_Hart Jedi Padawan

Return of the Jedi

I go in for fleet battles and the prequels haven't delivered. I like that Max Rebo guy - he is the one who looks like the blue elephant right?
    Regardless - RotJ will rule forever, in my databanks anyway.
  15. Syndic_Hart Jedi Padawan

Return of the Jedi

I go in for fleet battles and the prequels haven't delivered. I like that Max Rebo guy - he is the one who looks like the blue elephant right?
    Regardless - RotJ will rule forever, in my databanks anyway.
  16. DrMaul Jedi Knight

star 1
    A New Hope...or 'Star Wars' as it was then called ;) . I remember ...when there was only one Star Wars movie fueling the hobby, and mere speculation of a sequel...

Acutally, its a tough call between IV and V ... IV for nostalgia and impact, V for story, dialogue, effects, muppets, AT-ATs, Imperial Probe Droids, Tauntaun(s), Bounty Hunters...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.