main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Best Thread EVER!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Atticus, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I figured that I would just post my 800th post here since all of the people on the other threads I post on are ignoring me for some reason.

So yeah, this is my 800th post and I also think that we should have a meeting soon. Watch the SW films, throw around ideas for a fan film, entertain eachother with our different talents, try to convert Bowen. ;)

It sucks, I'm starting to feel very isolated, all of my friends are either busy or avoiding me. Next thing you know I might turn out like Jack Torrence from "The Shining" and nail some guy with a fire axe. "Here's Johnny!!! All work and no play make Jack a dull boy". I'm starting to think that's true, all I do is work and sleep, and browse the internet.

Anyway, I'm done ranting and raving. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    No worries Atticus, I'll be your friend! But that's no reason to run away.

GUESS WHAT!!! I'm so excited, I constructed my first real lightsaber today! It's amazing what you can find at the home depot, it's a real beauty. I'm so proud of it. I'm going to bring it to the episode 3 premire.

Yeah, so where are we meeting? TAKING ACTION PEOPLE.

3. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I guess it depends on what we do exactly. If we just chill out and throw around film ideas there is a place in downtown Salem that would probably fit the mood, it's called Ike Box. It's on the corner of Chemeketa st and Cottage st. It is right next to The Statesman Journal and the bus station. Anyways that's where I normally edit my video projects. They have a coffee house/snack bar on the bottom floor and then all of the editting equipment on the 2nd floor. However they are only open during the weekdays, so if we meet on the weekend, well have to pick somewheree else.

If we want to watch all of the films then I guess we pick someones house.

Congrats on constructing your lightsaber. I remember when I made my first one, although I am more proud of my second one. Te first one I made is now destroyed. That's okay though because my 2nd one is a masterpiece. Obi-Wan and Yoda would be proud of the lightsaber I have built. I wouldn't let them borrow it tough, they might lose it.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I know what you mean, Atticus. When I'm in college all I do is work and sleep. I have no social life at all pretty much.

I don't see any of my friends, either because they are also away, or they're too busy, too, or because I'm too busy. My time in college has actually been a low point in my social life. I don't understand how it could be a high point for anyone.

My high point might have been towards the end of high school, or at least the last year, when I knew everyone, everyone in my class knew me, I had a group of close friends, I hung out about 5 times a week with my best friend Bryan, and in the summer before we went off to college, I had girls up to my house for like the first time, haha, and all of my friends came up quite a bit.

Then after that, Bryan got a girlfriend and ignored me most of the time, although I was also at a different college in a different state for a while so that was part of it, but even when I came back, during that summer, I saw him about 15 times total in 12 weeks, versus 5 times a week before. Then I started taking a lot of credits each term in college and here I am, at the end of my college experience. I'm hoping that grad school is a lot more fun for me.

5. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I know what you mean about friends getting girlfriends. My closest friend was trying to go steady with one of the girl friends. but she kept giving him mixed signals and so he was obsessed trying to be in arelationship with her. So once that happened, we hardly saw eachother because most of his free time he was trying to hang out with her because he thought that she liked him. Now he doesn't talk to her because he finally realized that she doesn't really like him so know he is focusing all of his time on finding a college and spending time with his other buddies. I don't really blame him though because I live in South Salem and he lives in Keizer, as do most of his friends. So it's easier hanging out with them. But it also seems like when we make plans he backsout of them for whatever reason. We made plans twice to have a "24" marathon, but both times he has canceled.

Right now I'm decidng whether or not I should go to college, I was thinking about going to Vancouver Film School bu I still don't know what to do.

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah, well... having finished college basically, with two more weeks until graduation as of today, I can't say it was a hugely positive experience for me but I'm hoping it is part of my progress as a person.

I mean, I have done a great job in my department, Philosophy, and likely will be at least one of the main candidates for the philosophy award in May. But I feel that a lot of my progress as a philosopher was also on my own time, reading Nietzsche or other texts of my choosing, not always in class. There's also the fact that college has made me have to focus on a lot of BS work sometimes and give up the projects that made me a more interesting person -- my Website, my book writing, and my online empire in general.

I'm not a big fan of college, I think it's poorly organized, no matter what college you attend, and I think it's a waste of time. Is there something you et out of it? Sure, of course. But it's a waste of time. It all could be done in about 2 years with nothing lost whatsoever. Making people take classes they're going to forget anyway proves nothing and does nothing. There is entirely too much nonsense.

Also, I'm not pleased that a state university like OSU has so much mediocrity. A college degree doesn't mean anything anymore. Most people at OSU are complete idiots. They have no work ethic, they don't understand what motivation is, they don't know how to write, they're poor studiers, they are bad at everything. Academically they are absolutely inferior. They belong behind the counter at Subway or flipping burgers, not holding college degrees. It makes me rather sick that just anyone can get into college. Either go to college and work hard and do everything right, or don't go and don't bother. I don't know what this whole thing is about going to college and putting in absolutely minimal effort, drinking 4 nights a week, partying constantly, hanging out doing nothing when you should be working, etc.

At Stanford and other great colleges, that kind of nonsense doesn't happen as much. There is partying and people have fun, but they are really smart kids who can get away with it, not total morons who should be studying and aren't. At OSU, the person who cares about academic success is rare, maybe 1 in 7 or 1 in 8. At Stanford, the person who doesn't care is very rare.

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    You're an 02'er and you only have 800 posts?

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm from 99 and only have 637 posts, haha.

I had an account in '97 or '98 and that got banned once for a while I guess, I can't remember but I stopped using it after a while because of some intense TPM basher wars and I wanted to return with no enemies on a new name. ;)

I never make cheap posts, though. If you look at all of my posts they are usually really long, so for me, 4-5 posts is a lot, whereas if you go into every thread you read and write, "Yeah I agree with so and so. Good point." That's not really much of a post.

9. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    You're an 02'er and you only have 800 posts?

I have moods. When I first started posting here all I really was here for was to ask for help on my fanfilm. Once that fell flat on its face, I quit posting here for about a year because I was no longer in my "Star Wars" frame of mind and alot of the different boards were getting boring because it seemed like the same things were being posted 20 times. So after I left I was in my "Aliens" frame of mind and went to IMDB.com and AVP.com to post there. After that got boring, I came back and spent time over on the movies section of the forum, over at the Classic Trilogy section, but then that was getting slow and I stumbled over to here.

Anyway, I remembered this morning that I have 2, maybe even 3 different storyboard segments drawn out that we can use for our film. They are pretty much just different scenes that I thought of dor my other Star Wars films I was originally going to make.

10. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I actually truthfully registered in 99' but something happened and I forgot my password and then my e-mail account crashed and just a series of unfortunate events caused me to get a new membership in 02'. So I WOULD have like a million posts by now, but NO I don't anymore cuz i had to start over.

11. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Hey Larena, how was the play you were in? Did it go well? Did you kill everyone? If you did, I don't think that we can be friends, I can never be friends with a killer. :p

12. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Congrats Bowen, you made it! I've read your posts for years now and know your hardships and success. Cheers mate!
    Congrats Larena! Constructing Sabers are fun! I have 2 started, plus I have 3 flash camerra handles to do still.
    Atticus, friends come and go. True friends will have your back. And everthing has to work bothways. Life works in cycles, so we make the most out of everything we do.
    I have been on several journeys of self discovery and adventures (USNAVY 6yrs, OrArmyNatGuard 1yr), second marriage, to know that I have made mistakes and have learned from them. We all do. Star Wars has been an outlet to me since it began to keep my inner child speaking to me. Listen to yours and you will stay young at heart and mind. Cheers!

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Thank you Jawafett, I really appreciate that. I'm touched actually, I mean that someone would have read my posts over the years.

I am reserving official announcement for a thread here, and probably sometime around the time I start talking with the staff at TFN, but I'm self-publishing my TPM book in May. The process started 3 weeks ago and it's with an editorial reviewer now. I should just barely be able to get the book out by the release of Episode III. It'll be available in hardcover, trade paperback, and ebook formats through myself, Amazon.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, and through special order wherever books are sold. I'll give more info later, when I have my Website up, and have more info, etc.

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    My play went very well. For losing a main character a week before the play, having the coolest guy in the world(who graduated last year)come and fill his place and learn his lines in 4 days(the WHOLE PLAY), having another member get suspended, and 2 others quit a bit into it, changing parts around to make it work, putting in exra hours on sat. to build and paint the set all by ourselves, and lastly being a low budget play...I think it went VERY well.

It turned out fine and it was very good.
    And it was my partner Dave Fesco that killed Lucy the cook. I killed Josiah Travers, the master of the house. I as his lawyer was in very deep gambling debts. So WHY did I kill him?!
    As my character would say...
    "I will admit, I did rather lose my mind at the moment. But WHAT would YOU have done?! He'd just finished his will, and I knew that all I would need was my legal fees from his estates to cover my gambling debts! So, since there was no one else but the two of us in the house at the time, I gave him a whack on the head with a meat cleaver. You'll be relieved to hear that he DIED instantly. But then...*face tightens, voice darkens*... I PICKED UP THE WILL AND TRIED TO READ IT!!! Furious, I took my rage and frustration out in any way handy to me at the moment!!!!"

"OH! BUt Abby! 17 PIECES??!!!!"

"I lost count after the first ten whacks! Ha."

(Just so you all know, I couldn't read the will because Josiah had written it in puzzle form, it was a rebus.)
    I had a lot of fun pointing a gun and being an evil lawyer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.