main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Best Video Game EVER!?!?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vezner, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Ok this has probably been asked before and if it has then please direct me to the proper thread. (I looked and couldn't find one)

What is the best video game that has ever come out in your opinion? I'm not looking for the more innovative, industry changing, or most graphically pleasing game here. I am simply curious to know what game you consider to be the coolest, most heavily played game of you lives. This can be on any gaming system ever.

I have not yet decided for myself but I have to admit that I am teetering on Dune 2 and Kings Quest (all of them). Both of those games occupied a little too much of my childhood, if you know what I mean. However Mario Brothers 3 was one that I played a lot of too. So many games... I have some thinking to do on this one.

2. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Red Alert

3. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    Probably Metal Gear Solid..that game was so great..after that, maybe Final Fantasy 7..then GTA3..then maybe Final Fantasy 3.

4. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Red Alert was a good game, but I don't think that I would call it the best. I played the orginal C&C a bit more I think. Just MHO. But Dune 2 was my life for many moons... :D

5. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION OMG OMG!!!!!!! OH NO>>> THE BRITNEY SPEARS DANCE GAME!!!!!!! w00t w00t!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note FF7. Or FF3(A)/6(J). But on the scale of EVER... it's def Starcraft, if you consider that a video game.

6. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Why wouldn't it be considered a Video Game?

7. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    Yeah, I forgot starcraft..that game is awesome..that game has the most replay value ever, hands down.

8. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Well...i can't deside...Halo, Flight Simulator 2002, star raft, or Knights of the Old Republic (from what i've read/seen so far)....then again i cant forget Bounty Hunter.

9. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
  10. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Too many to list. :p

11. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Super Mario Brothers
    Marble Madness
    Soul Calibur
    Sonic Advance 2
    Super Smash Brothers Melee
    Simon's Quest
    Crash Bandicoot: Warped
    Metroid
    Legend of Zelda II: Link

I cannot narrow it down anymore than that.

12. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Half-Life
    Deus Ex
    WarCraft III
    StarCraft
    Fallout 2
    Red Alert 2
    Jedi OutCast
    Civilization II

some people need to step away from their consoles

13. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    The Gabriel Knight series. Jane Jensen is a genius, and we should all petition Sierra to either make a fourth or give the rights to Jane so she can take it to another company to make a fourth.

14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Don't bash me for some of these, I just think that they changed the way their type of game was made.

Jedi Knight (PC)
    Grand Theft Auto (PS2)
    Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
    NASCAR Racing 2 (PC)
    X-Wing (PC)
    Tie Fighter (PC)

15. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    mario brothers...and the star wars original arcade.

nuff said..

16. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Tecmo Superbowl was one of my favorite NES games. Heck, almost all the Tecmo sports games for NES rocked, even Tecmo Wrestling.

But I am still biased towards Super Mario Bros. 3...though Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for MSX2 is starting to win me over.

17. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    goldeneye/perfectdark
    civilization 2
    starcraft

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Simple ... Tetris

19. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    tetris of course... to me it is the most playable game ever, wich is what is good about it, and why it tops my list! has the best music too :)

20. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    how does fs 2002 suck?

21. triggerfinger

triggerfinger Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Halo(XBOX)
    FinalFantasy10(PS2)
    HalfLife(ps2)
    ReturnToCastleWolfenstein(PC)

22. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    The reason why I wondered if you considered Starcraft a video game was because it's a pc game which aren't usually considered video games because they're not on console. One could speculate I was referring to that rubbish on the N64.. hell no, that game was a disgrace to Starcraft.

23. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Oh how could I have forgotten Tetris?!?! That is now slipping very quickly towards the top of my list. Tetris is a game that appeals to almost everyone of any age. Do you think that it's fair to say that Tetris is the best game ever? I still need to think on that one. I never personally played it more then any other game but I have to admit that I think it is played by more people then any other video game in history. Anyone want to dispute this?

Oh, as far as the definition of "Video Game" goes, I think that it is safe to say that if the game is played on a "screen" of any kind it should be considered a "video game".

24. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Oh, duh! I forgot Tetris as well. Yes I suppose that if I had to pick one all time greatest video game, that'd be it.

25. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    The best ever?

Well for me it's gotta be MoO2. For all of the short comings, it's micromanagement I've spent more time playing that game than any other. There's nothing like a fleet of doom stars blowing the galaxy up [face_devil]

Props go out to Legend of Zelda, Simcity, Colonization, and Tie fighter as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.