main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bible gets an edit....

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ender, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithCloak1

SithCloak1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2001
    Jedi_Master201, enjoy heaven. You'll surely be the only one there.

2. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Cydonia, I don't know.... what you're referring to sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

I wouldn't bother replying to Jedi_Master201 - let him have his fun. He's confused wearing a Jesus badge with actually attempting to purify your soul, learn lessons, or be a good person. That's the saddest mistake a Christian can make. It's politics of exclusion, not religion at all.

3. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, he seems like a good guy, he puts up with my challenges. But i at least think my joseph campbell response was pretty decent. Hope he responds....

4. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Cydonia, I'm looking and looking but I can't find any Joseph Campbell post. Either I'm blind, or my computer isn't running properly 'cause I don't see it.

And thank you for calling me a good guy. That means a great deal to me coming from you.

5. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    ;) it's back one page, it's very long.

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    It's a good story. I'll give you that.

But the policeman that grabbed the guy wouldn't have had time to let him go and save himself, as the other policeman grabbed him before he fell. And as for what he told the reporter, don't you think he might have exaggerated the point a bit? I mean, who wouldn't want to be viewed as a hero?

Aside from those rather weak points, your story was good argument. I still think that placing yourself and God(the devine, or whatever else you want to call it) as equals is a rather humanistic(duh! :p) thing to do.

Anyway, I must go now. Even us wearers of the Jesus badge must have our rest. ;)

7. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, to be honest it's a modified transcript of the actual interview, which goes more into detail. If the guy would have let go, he would have died. Both of them would have died if the other cop hadn't saved them both.

8. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    The other thing about your story, Cydonia, is that sometimes when you're in a crisis moment, you're more in tune with - let's just say the Force - and you can sort of sense the outcome. The cop who wouldn't let go may have sensed on some level that he wouldn't die from holding onto the guy - that somehow, something would intervene to save them both. But it's still an act of great faith to believe that when it would be so much easier to let go and know for sure you'll be safe. At least, that's been my experience.

I wonder if anyone on these boards has ever contributed to a decision that led to the saving of a life, or to a death. It's a hard situation to imagine if you haven't been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.